ADVERTISEMENT

New EV Battery, 98% recharge in <10 minutes; 80% in under 5

Old news. People also don’t like paying state and federal fuel taxes.
What are your suggestions?
Why do I have to have suggestions? This isn't my area of expertise and I haven't heard an idea that I thought was a "home run". It's a problem that needs to be solved though and eventually people a lot smarter than I am in this area will figure it out.

Why do I have to have suggestions? This isn't my area of expertise and I haven't heard an idea that I thought was a "home run". It's a problem that needs to be solved though and eventually people a lot smarter than I am in this area will figure it out.
So, why did you ask others for suggestions?
Not giving you a hard time, but you have kinda pushed the question.

Since I don't have an answer, I'm hoping someone else does. You had some realistic ideas that people will/have likely considered. I appreciate your contributions.

Reactions: billanole
Not an expert on these things.

I do know my phone stops charging when at 100%. I would hope someone is smart enough to figure that out for a car battery charger.
Yes. It's "bullet-proof"

Unlike mechanical fluid pumps that can overfill and spill gas everywhere if you run into quick-stop bathroom and aren't back out before your tank is full.

Road use taxes on electric charging aren't any harder than they are for liquid fuels.

You just charge people that tax when recharging at any "station"; they don't pay it if they recharge "at home".

And at an equivalent $0.20/gallon for your current electricity, a $0.30/gallon equivalent tax is still FAR cheaper than fossil fuels. You could charge a $0.50/gallon equivalent tax to pay for much of the recharging infrastructure, and it's still <1/4th of what you're paying today for gas.

Soon?,.,. depends on your definition of soon I guess.
Not tomorrow, but not five years down the road either. Over 5% of rides bought in the US in the last year were EV. Of the eighteen other countries who have reached that tipping point, it was twenty five percent very quickly afterwards.
If the US follows this pattern, EV sales could top 25% of sales by 2025.

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: Joes Place
Way to miss the point.

Even now, there are signs on the pump that tell you to move your car after fueling as a courtesy to other drivers.

Then think of it like having to prepay for gas. Many pumps are consumed by people having to go in and pay.
And if it becomes a problem, they'll just put stations separate from the bathrooms or make you push a button to charge. I think if someone can design the battery, your concern isn't a concern but rather you always having to find a negative about everything.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT