ADVERTISEMENT

**NEW** Iowa Women's Basketball Recruiting Thread

Not to mention their major gets in Cameron Williams and Greta Kampschroeder (IL) and Laila Phelia (OH).

FWIW I think Mich is likely to be more competitive than Indiana in coming years, and I think people are (understandably) overlooking them headed into the season. IU is likely to continue to struggle with depth while Mich is shaping up to have lots of options, they just need to calibrate first. Wouldn’t be surprised to see them win all their “easy” games this season and knock off MD or IU.
Iowa didn’t pursue Kampschroeder when she went in to the portal, correct? Or do I have it wrong?

Iowa didn’t pursue Kampschroeder when she went in to the portal, correct? Or do I have it wrong?
We speculated about her as a target on here purely because of her McDonald's All American pedigree and connections to All Iowa Attack. I don't know if the coaching staff actually pursued her.

No but Bluder was all in on getting her in high school. We were one of her 3 finalists. Bluder likely didn’t pursue her in the portal since she was looking for a backup 1 and I think GK is a wing. Still a very big get for Mich.

I was more referring to this as just an example of KBA’s recruiting prowess rather than an example of them succeeding at our expense. GK’s other finalist in HS was Stanford.

Last edited:
With Olson off the board, and Prince seemingly a long shot, is Chloe Spreen a realistic target for 2024? A year ago, she was in the ESPN top 25 for the '24 class, but now not in the top 60. Still top 30 by both ASGR and Blue Star, but those may not be updated rankings. Very good offer list with at least 9 Big Ten offers, including both in-state schools, plus at least a couple of offers from each of the ACC, SEC and PAC-12.

...Unless I missed another transfer, with Angel Reese and Ashley Owusu leaving the Big Ten, and Greta Kampschroeder joining the Big Ten, next season the Big Ten will have a grand total of 2 McD AAs (Clark and Kampschroeder). That talent deficit is really hard (not impossible) to overcome in the NCAA Tourney.
I believe Sydney Parrish (txfr to IU from Oregon) was an All-American as well. Could be wrong tho, just assuming bc she was so highly touted. Doesn't really prove your point wrong even if I'm accurate. The imbalance is undeniable in any case.

Is Diamond Miller not an AA? It'd be crazy if we're entering an era where MD doesn't have a single one. How times (may) have changed for that program...

Reactions: cyberhawk
All the girls that were on campus this weekend for the game have national offer lists except Zediker. She is the one who is most likely to end up in Iowa City out of any of them. She would commit on the spot if offered and I get the sense the staff will keep her warm until the higher rated kids tell them no. She is a really good player and will continue to get better. And she LOVES the Hawks.

I believe Sydney Parrish (txfr to IU from Oregon) was an All-American as well. Could be wrong tho, just assuming bc she was so highly touted. Doesn't really prove your point wrong even if I'm accurate. The imbalance is undeniable in any case.

Is Diamond Miller not an AA? It'd be crazy if we're entering an era where MD doesn't have a single one. How times (may) have changed for that program...
You are right. I forgot about Parrish’s transfer and Miller. So, unless I missed someone else, the Big Ten will have 4 McDonald’s All Americans in 2022-23. Last year’s Final 4 rosters had 28 McD AAs.

All the girls that were on campus this weekend for the game have national offer lists except Zediker. She is the one who is most likely to end up in Iowa City out of any of them. She would commit on the spot if offered and I get the sense the staff will keep her warm until the higher rated kids tell them no. She is a really good player and will continue to get better. And she LOVES the Hawks.
She was certainly the most serious one in that Kinnick photo :)

Reactions: trohrbeck
Reactions: undersized_post
Olivia Olson on picking Michigan, echoing
undersized-post. "I think more people from Minnesota will go there. The way [Arico] does things is so good and so genuine. I think a lot of people are drawn to that. That's what drew me to her.”

Boy when things go downhill.....

Kyle -- as always, great stuff! Thank you for all your work. if I might make a suggestion -- it could be helpful both for regular posters and first-time visitors if you were to link to all of the recruit interviews in the first post that is the overview of all the prospects out there. (I.e, link the Ava Miles story to Ava Miles in the post).

Kyle -- as always, great stuff! Thank you for all your work. if I might make a suggestion -- it could be helpful both for regular posters and first-time visitors if you were to link to all of the recruit interviews in the first post that is the overview of all the prospects out there. (I.e, link the Ava Miles story to Ava Miles in the post).
Should be updated with all of the articles now.

I don't know anything but I've been convinced she will take the COVID year for awhile now. Here are things I've heard her say:
  • I love playing for Bluder and I want to win as many games for her as I can
  • I never wanna leave college / Iowa City
  • I look forward to / am excited about my 2 maybe 3 remaining years at Iowa (said this twice now)
I'm sure the WNBA will be a paycut -- she is making over a million a year already according to ESPN. If she gets NPOY, that will only increase. I would assume the reason she's not coming out and saying it is b/c she doesn't want to deter any top PG recruits from considering Iowa. Furthermore tbh, she is very media-savvy. I'm sure she understands the value of the "will she or won't she" storyline.
She is going to be one of the featured stars of the 2024 Paris Olympics leading the USA to win gold! So i think she will come back for her covid year.

Her offer list, and our place in comparison, is similar to that of Jasmine Brown. There are a LOT of solid, storied programs here representing a broad geographic area, but we are gonna be ranked higher than all of them this year. Only a few match our success in the past 1-2 years (OSU for both, Mich for Poole — not sure how IU isn’t on her list tbh).

It may be too late for us to prove anything else to Brown, but we have a whole year of (hopefully) being a Top 10 (5?) team to impress Poole.

Rly glad we are continuing to see interest from Top 50 recruits. Quite a few promising prospects in the mix.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: natchrlman
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT