ADVERTISEMENT

**NEW** Iowa Women's Basketball Recruiting Thread

Kyle I wonder once basketball practice officially starts.I think It would be good if Lisa or staff would put out a weekly update to you to create some buzz. It would help build the forum with fresh news for discussion and it would help build some excitement for the team and hopefully sell more tickets

Any intel on the two Iowa prospects?
I don’t know anything on them, but plenty of time for interest or an offer. I think offers to 8th graders or freshman usually are going to be the highly rated ones and then you go from there. By highly rated, I mean the top 25 or so.

For 2026, all of Iowa’s offers are to the top 25 and then Greenway at 32.

Reactions: Torg and grhawk
I don’t know anything on them, but plenty of time for interest or an offer. I think offers to 8th graders or freshman usually are going to be the highly rated ones and then you go from there. By highly rated, I mean the top 25 or so.

For 2026, all of Iowa’s offers are to the top 25 and then Greenway at 32.
Makes sense! As always. Thanks for tracking and sharing all that you do Kyle.

Wondering if anyone else has maybe seen these two play / heard what schools they're interested in? Names are Nakia Ollivierre (out of Wellsburg) and Jayla Williams (can't tell for sure but I think her brother goes to Ankeny HS).

Reactions: Torg
Also on the defensive end I see a little Nicole Cardano – Hillary in her. She’s flat out a damn good player.

Reactions: natchrlman
Makes sense! As always. Thanks for tracking and sharing all that you do Kyle.

Wondering if anyone else has maybe seen these two play / heard what schools they're interested in? Names are Nakia Ollivierre (out of Wellsburg) and Jayla Williams (can't tell for sure but I think her brother goes to Ankeny HS).
Jayla Williams is really, really good. She is long, fast, and can get to the hoop. Needs to improve as a shooter but she works. Her family moved to Ankeny from Cedar Rapids. Brother is a running back for Ankeny. Nice player himself.

Nakia is a good player as well. Just a little smallish now. No clue if she ends up getting much taller but I would guess she is 5’5” or so.

Jayla is closer to 5’10”. Jayla will end up with offers from a ton of the BIG, BIG 12, etc when all said and done. Major prospect.

Reactions: shikreto and AMAYS
Kyle, you do a great job! Can we get you to follow men’s wrestling, women’s wrestling or both?

ADVERTISEMENT