ADVERTISEMENT

**NEW** Iowa Women's Basketball Recruiting Thread

Is there some inference with the ? beside Hawkeye?
Good question. Since she used an eagle emoji, I finally interpreted it to mean she wasn’t sure if she had made a Hawkeye. Most use the chick emoji, e.g. Callie Levin.

Reactions: BGHAWK
I'm sure other recruits have done this, but I can't recall a player taking as many visits all over the country as Prince has. I have no idea where she'll end up.
I second this. Is there a limit on the # of unofficial visits one is allowed? If so, she sure must be approaching it.

Is there no interest these days from her AAU and high school teammate Divine Bourrage? I know it has previously been mentioned that she was more interested in “national“ offers, but still a little surprised she doesn’t squeeze in an unofficial to an Iowa football game.

Is there no interest these days from her AAU and high school teammate Divine Bourrage? I know it has previously been mentioned that she was more interested in “national“ offers, but still a little surprised she doesn’t squeeze in an unofficial to an Iowa football game.
She visited Iowa last year. I’ve been told she is looking to potentially go south or to Michigan. She has an offer from Michigan and Florida right now.

They have a bunch of offers to guards in that class currently. Jordan Speiser is the most likely imo, but you also have Davidson, Alexander, McGee, Schlagel, Ode, Jackson and Zediker.

Reactions: 2319
She visited Iowa last year. I’ve been told she is looking to potentially go south or to Michigan. She has an offer from Michigan and Florida right now.

They have a bunch of offers to guards in that class currently. Jordan Speiser is the most likely imo, but you also have Davidson, Alexander, McGee, Schlagel, Ode, Jackson and Zediker.
Also worth noting that Speiser is playing with Attack next summer, so she will be with Levin, Bourrage, Houston and Zediker

Reactions: hawkahawk
FWIW, this post by hardcore Gopher WBB fan Ignatius L Hoops appeared today on Gopherhole's Women's Basketball Forum:

"From this morning's Power Trip [radio show on KFAN]

Cory Cove: Is there a chance you might have a daughter playing basketball for the Gophers?
Chad Greenway: Is this a recruiting pitch? Show me the NIL deal-then we'll talk....there's a chance, there's a chance."
A little disappointed Chads daughter would go to the highest bidder

So with Ava Jones gone, are we down to just 1 commit for next year 2023?
A small class of 2023 recruits may be a blessing in disguise thanks to COVID years. I think Warnock, Davis, Feuerbach, and obvi Clark would all be welcome back for a 5th yr and I think that would really help fill any glaring holes we may have.

Wetering and Goodman still have 4 years of eligibility, while Feuerbach will have 3 after this upcoming RS yr.

Plus the transfer portal completely turns recruiting and how we measure classes on its head. ISU had its best recruiting class ever in 2020, now 2 of those 4 recruits have transferred. IU and MD just transferred in replacements for every hole in their roster for ‘22-‘23. We may be a bit light on some reserves come ‘24-‘25 but I’m not too worried yet.

Last edited:
Reactions: natchrlman
ADVERTISEMENT