ADVERTISEMENT

**NEW** Iowa Women's Basketball Recruiting Thread

Wondering what Coach B's approach will be for the 2023 class. Will she try to hit the portal, or look overseas? Hard to imagine that she's happy with just one unranked recruit.

Bluder was watching Davenport North last night...strongly assuming watching both Devine Bourrage and Journey Houston who both have multiple D-1 offers. North also has a freshman, McCorkle, I think, who is already getting D-1 looks as well. That team is LOADED with talent.

Bluder was watching Davenport North last night...strongly assuming watching both Devine Bourrage and Journey Houston who both have multiple D-1 offers. North also has a freshman, McCorkle, I think, who is already getting D-1 looks as well. That team is LOADED with talent.
I mentioned a while back that I think Journey Houston needs to be a priority in the 2025 class. Been impressed with the couple of times I’ve seen her play.

I mentioned a while back that I think Journey Houston needs to be a priority in the 2025 class. Been impressed with the couple of times I’ve seen her play.
I think she'll be a better player than her sister by the time she's a senior. I know the staff there, and her family well. She's a quiet, take care of business player on the floor.

Reactions: HIWILLE
I think she'll be a better player than her sister by the time she's a senior. I know the staff there, and her family well. She's a quiet, take care of business player on the floor.
If so and I don’t doubt that she will be, look out the Blue Bloods will be beating her door down.

HIWILLIE, Forgive me , but who is the Janiyah you refer to in post # 500? TIA

HIWILLIE, Forgive me , but who is the Janiyah you refer to in post # 500? TIA

That spelling is wrong, but her last name is Houston, Journey's older sister who committed to Iowa and signed and then quit the team early on.

Thanks. Is she playing for another team now?

I think she started to play at Blackhawk JC in Moline but I don't think that lasted long, and then she was working at Old Navy, but that was several years ago. I don't think she played beyond the JC. She had all kinds of talent but sometimes kids just don't want to continue with it.

Needed a reason to bump thread back to the top. So here it is. Last night soph Journey Houston of North high School against Bettendorf had 22 points, 20 rebounds and 6 steals but only 9 of 23 shooting. I’ll take it. North wins 55-43 at Bettendorf gym.

After a disappointing end to last season, a generally lackluster start to this one, and a demoralizing loss to NC State at home, a couple of things are sadly apparent. We are not a team that understands or plays great defense, and other than Caitlin, we're a team of average players. And with the vacant 2023 class, things are not looking up in the way that we all hoped. We do NOT look like a team on the rise. I know I'll catch a ton of flack, but as much as I dearly love Coach Bluder, she's just not a top ten coach and/or recruiter. Which is not a terrible thing, but it really looked like we had a chance to make that leap. And this resounding free-fall from the #4 ranking looks disastrous for recruiting.

Reactions: BDinIC and grhawk
Should be a barn burner tonight. North Scott at Davenport North. Both ranked of course. Unfortunately I won’t make it. Heading over to Moline to watch the boys play.😉 you local people want to see some good basketball tonight ? Well there you go

Should be a barn burner tonight. North Scott at Davenport North. Both ranked of course. Unfortunately I won’t make it. Heading over to Moline to watch the boys play.😉 you local people want to see some good basketball tonight ? Well there you go
I'll be in Madison to watch Taylor Stremlow

Hope she has a great game for you so we can get some good feedback.

After a disappointing end to last season, a generally lackluster start to this one, and a demoralizing loss to NC State at home, a couple of things are sadly apparent. We are not a team that understands or plays great defense, and other than Caitlin, we're a team of average players. And with the vacant 2023 class, things are not looking up in the way that we all hoped. We do NOT look like a team on the rise. I know I'll catch a ton of flack, but as much as I dearly love Coach Bluder, she's just not a top ten coach and/or recruiter. Which is not a terrible thing, but it really looked like we had a chance to make that leap. And this resounding free-fall from the #4 ranking looks disastrous for recruiting.
Personally, I cannot disagree with anything you stated. Iowa does not have any gifted athletes other than Clark IMO.

My niece plays for icw....jan jensen was at their game tuesday night to watch a freshman from clear creek- amana, but I didn't get her name

Madison West is not good at basketball, so not really getting much out of this game, but two things still stand out despite it being a blowout.

She can handle the ball very well and has great court vision. Finds passing lanes that don’t appear to be there.

Was hoping for this to be a closer game, but it is what it is.

Reactions: grhawk
Forgot to mention this in the fog of failure…

…but did anyone else hear an announcer last night mention that Clark was trying to convince Kate to take her COVID year?

Reactions: BDinIC
ADVERTISEMENT