ADVERTISEMENT

New IPO (CDIO) with U of Iowa Invented Technology

TC Nole OX

HR Legend
Mar 29, 2002
I am reading a book on IPOs and building a database of past and current IPOs and ran across this earlier today.

"At the core of its cardiovascular solutions is a proprietary Integrated Genetic-Epigenetic Engine™ created at the University of Iowa by company founders Meesha Dogan, Ph.D., and Robert Philibert, MD, Ph.D. This technology enables the development of a series of tests for precision prevention, early detection, and assists in personalized treatment of major types of cardiovascular diseases and associated co-morbidities."

I have no idea if this will amount to anything as a stock but will update this if anything interesting happens

Ticker symbol will be CDIO

Reactions: SWIowahawks
Very interesting, at $11 if I had more time to research it I might buy in. Still might be fun to get a tiny handful of shares.

Reactions: TC Nole OX
Interesting - how does this work as a business? CF is simply royalties/rights to use the technology?

This is a similar technology to Cologuard. Exact Sciences, which make Cologuard in addition to a number of other genomic cancer tests, currently trades at $34/share with a -4.32 EPS. They have yet to be profitable.

Reactions: TC Nole OX
UI startup Cardio Diagnostics launches new heart disease risk assessment for home

This is a similar technology to Cologuard. Exact Sciences, which make Cologuard in addition to a number of other genomic cancer tests, currently trades at $34/share with a -4.32 EPS. They have yet to be profitable.

This is useful information. EXAS did nothing as a stock for 15 years, went sideways for 12 or so, but then went on a massive run from 2017-2019. Many stocks that make a big run are "story" or perception driven. If people buy into the idea that this is Cologuard for heart attacks and strokes, it could see a decent run or better. Since the Cologuard precedent exists, it probably won't take 15 years. At a minimum, it's worth putting on a watchlist.

X6vA7SPI

ADVERTISEMENT