ADVERTISEMENT

new ISU football helmet

Bat9ggp.gif

Recruiting Visors.....
Is this a thing at other schools? WTF. LOL

These helmets are a joke, right? And it's not even April 1st yet.

Looks like something the grandkids would see on the Saturday morning cartoons.

There's always a gimmick from Ames. I bet recruits are laughing their asses off.

Just put them in the MAC, where they can compete, and end the misery.

These helmets are a joke, right? And it's not even April 1st yet.

Looks like something the grandkids would see on the Saturday morning cartoons.

There's always a gimmick from Ames. I bet recruits are laughing their asses off.

Just put them in the MAC, where they can compete, and end the misery.
This is the thing that Pollard doesn't seem to get. Gimmicks don't win games, and thats why they'll always be little bro.......:rolleyes:

Reactions: grhawk and MitchLL
I could see this becoming a thing..."SWARM" across the visor for Iowa. Texas could have a longhorn logo or "HOOK'EM", Alabama use "TIDE". We joke but kids find things cool that I think are ridiculous. Ok boomer.
That would make sense if it weren't for the fact these visors are ONLY for recruiting visits. They're illegal for use in a game.

These are monumentally stupid looking and I would say the same thing if Iowa had them too.

Reactions: HemiHawk
When you don't have legitimate success to sell, you throw out the gimmicks. Not surprising, Miami is the other school that pops up when I googled "recruiting visors". Won't be long before ISU pulls out another piece of crap for players getting a turnover. God, I hope we never have to stoop to this ****.

Ddaky4JVMAAs-1x.jpg

That would make sense if it weren't for the fact these visors are ONLY for recruiting visits. They're illegal for use in a game.

These are monumentally stupid looking and I would say the same thing if Iowa had them too.

So what if they are only for recruiting visits. There is obviously an appeal to them or other schools besides ISU wouldn't be using them with recruits...that should tell you where our opinion is vs recruit's opinion. I assume you aren't a high school football recruit.
I'm not crazy about them either, but I can get why a recruit might like them. I hope it's not a decision maker for a kid, and maybe we don't want those type of kids. Regardless, kids like the things like this.

edit: I just spoke to a kid I work with that is 22 and just graduated from Drake last spring. I showed him the picture with all the helmets and he loved them! He said if he played football he would LOVE to wear them. "Those are SWEET!" I told he was joking and he said "no, if I had a decision to wear them or not, I would pick yes 10 out of 10 times!" Just goes to show what we old timers think is "monumentally stupid" and what the youth think.

Reactions: SPECTRE
So what if they are only for recruiting visits. There is obviously an appeal to them or other schools besides ISU wouldn't be using them with recruits...that should tell you where our opinion is vs recruit's opinion. I assume you aren't a high school football recruit.
I'm not crazy about them either, but I can get why a recruit might like them. I hope it's not a decision maker for a kid, and maybe we don't want those type of kids. Regardless, kids like the things like this.

edit: I just spoke to a kid I work with that is 22 and just graduated from Drake last spring. I showed him the picture with all the helmets and he loved them! He said if he played football he would LOVE to wear them. "Those are SWEET!" I told he was joking and he said "no, if I had a decision to wear them or not, I would pick yes 10 out of 10 times!" Just goes to show what we old timers think is "monumentally stupid" and what the youth think.

And why do not we have those stupid f-ing turnover chains and dumb crap like that, cause ya know kids like those. Sometimes maybe the shit kids want might indicate kids that really are more about stuff other than the football itself.

I could see this becoming a thing..."SWARM" across the visor for Iowa. Texas could have a longhorn logo or "HOOK'EM", Alabama use "TIDE". We joke but kids find things cool that I think are ridiculous. Ok boomer.

sometimes they are ridiculous

I'm 24

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT