ADVERTISEMENT

new jerseys

White and black with a yellow stripe down the sides? Possibly pretty cool

While I never lose sleep on the topic ... has always sort of baffled me why Nike can't create a cool basketball jersey design. We have a great color scheme ... yet our final product is usually pretty blah ... Not saying we need sparkles ... but come on ... you are Nike ...(Sidenote: Latest unis don't look too bad)

Reactions: Franisdaman
While I never lose sleep on the topic ... has always sort of baffled me why Nike can't create a cool basketball jersey design. We have a great color scheme ... yet our final product is usually pretty blah ... Not saying we need sparkles ... but come on ... you are Nike ...(Sidenote: Latest unis don't look too bad)

Agree. With the Nike logo on it, you would think Nike Corp would want something to be proud of.

As you can see from the pics below, we hadn't changed designs in a LONG time.

* Why you needed white around "IOWA" I will never know

* Why you would fill in the "O" with white I will never know. It just did not look good on TV or in pictures.

* The arrows down the side appeared to be a desperate design attempt at something other than a simple stripe

1386132123000-USATSI-7596395.jpg

20140106_kkt_bl1_481.0.jpg

5c81cec1a9ac1.image.jpg

Love the tops/clean font. But we're doing the weird thing where the stripe is only on one side of the uniform. I think that looks a little hokey.

Doesn't another team have (or had) the exact same desgin where theres one side stripe and a thick stripe at the bottom of the pants? I'm sure I've seen it before but cant remember where.

Agree. With the Nike logo on it, you would think Nike Corp would want something to be proud of.

As you can see from the pics below, we hadn't changed designs in a LONG time.

* Why you needed white around "IOWA" I will never know

* Why you would fill in the "O" with white I will never know. It just did not look good on TV or in pictures.

* The arrows down the side appeared to be a desperate design attempt at something other than a simple stripe

1386132123000-USATSI-7596395.jpg

20140106_kkt_bl1_481.0.jpg

5c81cec1a9ac1.image.jpg
Yeah, the font alone on these jerseys = horrible ... Black and gold ... man, so many options ...

Reactions: Franisdaman
I was very much done with the up and down arrows so any change on that front is welcome. I have always thought our shorts underutilized the best logo in sports so excited to see an fresh look. Hoping for the best

So, the WIDE yellow striping goes down the left side and across the bottom of the shorts.

However, on the right side, note that there is no vertical yellow on the jersey or on the shorts

CLICK ON IMAGES FOR LARGER VIEW

EGeG7GrWoAYOABT

EGdEnjnXoAEbDX4

Reactions: Hawksfor3
I like the gold but I'm afraid the younger fans won't be able to read the cursive!
too bad, when it came to meeting w/ the press, there weren't 4 players wearing black uni's, 4 wearing gold uni's, and 4 or more (the rest) wearing the white uni's so that we could get a full look at the full uniform lineup

I'll be interested to see the black unis that go with this set. Also, are we going to have a 3rd/ alternate uni as well?

Men's jerseys are way better than the women's. The script Iowa is great, but they tried to combine it with horrible numbers and tried to incorporate new ideas with it.

Reactions: Underscore2
The women’s black ones last year were awesome. I’d like to see us wear black home and away. Could be our signature thing, like Cowboys or LSU almost always wearing white.

Can't say I'm a fan. Basically black and white with a huge yellow stripe. Meh. And why can't they use GOLD instead of highlighter yellow? The school colors are black and GOLD, after all.

I'd be good with the old school cursive "Iowa" script that many are a fan of.

But... in my mind, just bring back the design below and then leave it alone. IMO these are perfect:

images

Last edited:
Reactions: Bee93
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT