ADVERTISEMENT

New Juco WR commit

I hope he isn't taller than 6'3 and running a 4.4 40 because those guys take 3 years to learn the greg ferentz playbook.

I hear ya, hawkeyesports92. True freshmen and transfers, QBs, WRs, and all play for Top 25 programs, but it takes decades to learn the playbook at Iowa, a program not exactly known for its innovative offense.

If a college football player can't learn Iowa's playbook in a reasonable time, I'm pretty sure it's the playbook that's at fault, not the player's.

Is it really THAT hard to learn pass patterns? Hell, high school kids learn much more intricate offenses all around the country, and they learn them in weeks, not years.

Urbandale's Allen Lazard at ISU, to name one example of hundreds, didn't need years to learn the ISU playbook. Maybe that's why he spurned Iowa.

Bottom line: Get good players. Then let them play.

Originally posted by CoachoftheFuture1:
I hear ya, hawkeyesports92. True freshmen and transfers, QBs, WRs, and all play for Top 25 programs, but it takes decades to learn the playbook at Iowa, a program not exactly known for its innovative offense.

If a college football player can't learn Iowa's playbook in a reasonable time, I'm pretty sure it's the playbook that's at fault, not the player's.

Is it really THAT hard to learn pass patterns? Hell, high school kids learn much more intricate offenses all around the country, and they learn them in weeks, not years.

Urbandale's Allen Lazard at ISU, to name one example of hundreds, didn't need years to learn the ISU playbook. Maybe that's why he spurned Iowa.

Bottom line: Get good players. Then let them play.
You would think after 20 years the coaches would figure out ways to use their play makers.

Ain't that the truth. It's just incredible. Ya have a QB with the talent of CJB and you don't know what to do with him. Iowa has enough offensive talent. But you're right: in the hands of KF, that talent is usually tossed down the drain. I guess all we have is hope . . . or really faith . . . a belief in something despite a lack of evidence.
wink.r191677.gif

Can't put unproven players in... my God they might make a mistake!
Everyone knows a Senior never does something fd up.

Welcome Mr. Nash. Please ignore these other fellas. We're happy to have any walk on who wants to wear black and gold.

For you other folks, I think there are enough threads on this board you could complain in. Why do you need to pollute this one too?

Originally posted by mvhomerj:
Can't put unproven players in... my God they might make a mistake!
Everyone knows a Senior never does something fd up.
Exactly. It's almost to the point of unwatchable. The constant bonehead illogical moves.

Originally posted by HawCory:
Welcome Mr. Nash. Please ignore these other fellas. We're happy to have any walk on who wants to wear black and gold.

For you other folks, I think there are enough threads on this board you could complain in. Why do you need to pollute this one too?
well said sir.

That's all these toxic fungi know. I have no doubt there are just as toxic in real life as they are here. We've all met the type.

Sorry for speaking the truth. Maybe you should talk to Mr. Willies or Mr. Powell or a few other folks.

Indeed, it's nice to have an Iowa kid who wants to be a Hawkeye. I'm glad he's coming to Iowa City. We just wonder what will become of the young man given the facts of the KF program. Sorry if reality isn't your thing.

DJK, McNutt, KMM, Keenan, Vandeberg all played quickly.

Powell didn't because of poor skills. Willies maybe could have played more but quit on the team.

But sure, slap each other on the back with the false narrative.
Posted from Rivals Mobile

Army
Northern Iowa
South Dakota
S. Dakota State

Really sweet offer list. Probably a 4*. Kid looks like a burner.

Originally posted by ichawk24:
DJK, McNutt, KMM, Keenan, Vandeberg all played quickly.

Powell didn't because of poor skills. Willies maybe could have played more but quit on the team.

But sure, slap each other on the back with the false narrative.
DJK didn't play quickly...

Originally posted by Ray1125:
Army
Northern Iowa
South Dakota
S. Dakota State

Really sweet offer list. Probably a 4*. Kid looks like a burner.
He's a preferred walk-on not a scholarship player so of course he's not going to have a good offer list

We get a commit from a kid and people use the thread to find ways to bash KF and the coaches. I don't even think I could make that up. Why do you people come here and post? What's the point? How miserable must your existence be?

Originally posted by Eyeowahawks:
We get a commit from a kid and people use the thread to find ways to bash KF and the coaches. I don't even think I could make that up. Why do you people come here and post? What's the point? How miserable must your existence be?
Prolly better than those who complain about those who complain...but I dunno, things are looking up I'm engaged now three years after being widowed at 45...how's Yer life?

Originally posted by MadDogC:
Prolly better than those who complain about those who complain..
Well it's certainly better than those who complain about those who complain about those who complain..............which basically puts us right back at the start and makes the negative posters no less annoying to those who don't choose to be negative, while those that choose to post positively, or in defense of the program, just as annoying to the negative posters.

Ronald Nash has long desired to play football at Iowa.

The lack of a scholarship offer failed to diminish that desire.

The former Sioux City East and
Iowa Western wide receiver called the Hawkeye coaching staff on Tuesday
and accepted a preferred walk-on opportunity. Nash will graduate from
Iowa Western at the end of the spring semester and have four years to
play three in Iowa City.

"I haven't felt this good in a
long time,'' the 6-foot-2, 205-pounder said. "I feel like Iowa's the
right place for me. I feel even better after making this decision, and
I'm very excited to get to a program like Iowa and compete in the Big
Ten.''

Nash ranked second in Iowa's
Class 4-A as a senior with 63 catches, including a 21-catch, 226-yard
outburst against Urbandale. He also was a high school track sprint
standout, with third- and sixth-place finishes in the Drake Relays 100
meters as a junior and senior, respectively.

With no high Division I offers
out of high school, Nash originally committed to Northern Iowa but then
changed his mind and opted for Iowa Western. He caught 28 passes for 340
yards and three touchdowns as a true freshman receiver, a deep position
for the Reivers, who reached the junior college national championship
game before losing to East Mississippi.

"Coming to Iowa Western was a
great decision for me,'' Nash said. "It allowed me to play faster and
get stronger. It allowed me to develop on and off the field. I wouldn't
change it.''

Nash visited the Iowa campus
earlier this month. He called assistants Reese Morgan, his primary
recruiter, and Bobby Kennedy, the Iowa receivers coach, on Tuesday to
deliver the news.

Iowa has plenty of success stories within its walk-on program. Nash said he would love to become the latest example.

"I have high school teammates
that have told me nothing but good things about the walk-on program,''
he said. "Even on my visit, I got a really good vibe from the coaches. I
feel like walk-on players get the same opportunities as the scholarship
players, and I feel like I'm capable of playing at the level of Big Ten
competition.''

Link

Originally posted by EvilMonkeyInTheCloset:
Well it's certainly better than those who complain about those who complain about those who complain..............which basically puts us right back at the start and makes the negative posters no less annoying to those who don't choose to be negative, while those that choose to post positively, or in defense of the program, just as annoying to the negative posters.
This was fantastic. Well done.

So everyone just annoys each other? Got it. God Bless America that we live in a land where we are free to annoy each other!
Aren't message boards awesome.
Isn't life grand.

Yes--we enjoy annoying each other. I posted something positive non-football related to show how non-important football is in the grand scheme of things--and the first butt to respond edited that so as to make it easier to be a butt. Unfortunately for him, I find that funny and am not really annoyed. Had Heat_Dawg done that I woulda been annoyed...

Originally posted by NevadaHawk:
Nice to have you onboard Ron! I like that you have three years left to play. Work hard and earn yourself a scholly.
Agree. We need help at WR and Ronnie can help...if not this year,then next. He is a player!

David Johnson's offer list wasn't that impressive either*.

*this is me being optimistic.

Originally posted by CoachoftheFuture1:

Very poor example. Lazard went to isu because he saw a better opportunity and was a legacy of sorts.

(Well, that and his older brother was also given a scholarship and his dad was offered a job at isu...)

clown.r191677.gif

Originally posted by HawCory:

Absolutely this!! Welcome young man!!

If you think the pass-happy read option type stuff is harder to pick up than Iowa's offense, you're crazy. They have like...10 plays in the playbook. I bet Iowa has a few hundred...

Haven't you ever wondered how they get all these dunderhead players from down south to stay down south?

Nic Shimonek...his own words.

http://texastech.247sports.com/Article/Texas-Tech-Red-Raiders-pick-up-Iowa-transfer-Nic-Shimonek-29901424

Translated... "real football is hard, so I'll go where the playbook is 3 pages long".

Originally posted by bagdropper:

If you think the pass-happy read option type stuff is harder to pick up than Iowa's offense, you're crazy. They have like...10 plays in the playbook. I bet Iowa has a few hundred...

Haven't you ever wondered how they get all these dunderhead players from down south to stay down south?

Nic Shimonek...his own words.

http://texastech.247sports.com/Article/Texas-Tech-Red-Raiders-pick-up-Iowa-transfer-Nic-Shimonek-29901424

Translated... "real football is hard, so I'll go where the playbook is 3 pages long".
"I ran a similar offense to what Texas Tech runs all four years that I was on varsity in high school," Shimonek said. "I went up to Iowa, and that's a pro-style offense. It would have taken two or three years to get adjusted to. In college football, you only have five years maximum to play.
I don't care what offense is harder to learn. I just want an offense that is effective. Based on B10 points per game the Iowa offense isn't that effective. The question becomes is the pro-style offense that takes student athletes two or three years to learn the best system for the situation. I don't sit back at the end of the year and look at our scoring total and then think bonus points should be added due to degree of difficulty.

Originally posted by BuddyRydell:

So everyone just annoys each other? (Yeeaaahhh pretty much......) Got it. God Bless America that we live in a land where we are free to annoy each other! (Not necessarily.)
Aren't message boards awesome. (They are.)
Isn't life grand. (Depends on who you ask.)

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT