ADVERTISEMENT

New Name at QB for '22 per Blair (see front page)

Easy question to resolve this argument.

Would you rather have Allen or Stanley/petras/stanzi etc….. as a college QB?

Give me Allen in college over every QB Iowa has had not named Tate or Banks.

Reactions: not_mantiteo
Only HR would try to argue that the 2nd and 3rd winningest QBs in school history, including one who is 2nd in school history in career passing yards and TDs, were "alright" and "ok at best"

Do you guys hear some of the shit that comes out of your mouths?
That “shit” he’s referring to is the Iowa offense. We aren’t really known as an offensive threat in any universe.

With his talent in our offense with our skilled players, you don’t think he would have done better than those 3? I question your judgement if that’s the case.
His level of skill at college was far below those 3. Potential, yes, but skill? Hell no.

His level of skill at college was far below those 3. Potential, yes, but skill? Hell no.
You guys are drunk on black and yellow Kool aid haha. I love CJ and Ricky but let’s be realistic here lol. To say he had less skill is asinine, dude had a rocket arm and was better running the ball then any of those QBs. Now what do you get if you add skill and high potential to a college QB? A top 10 NFL draft pick

You guys are drunk on black and yellow Kool aid haha. I love CJ and Ricky but let’s be realistic here lol. To say he had less skill is asinine, dude had a rocket arm and was better running the ball then any of those QBs. Now what do you get if you add skill and high potential to a college QB? A top 10 NFL draft pick
Had a rocket arm indeed. Accuracy? Not as much. I thought KF would coach the skills right out of anyone. Read the boards, KF’s offense is offensive.

You are comparing the NFL 5th year pro, not the college QB with mediocre results. He was drafted on potential.

His passing stats in college were pedestrian at 56% and less than 8 Y/A. He averaged a little over 3 yards per carry at Wyoming. But he could throw the ball a long way (not accurately) and was fast at 6'5" 235 ibs so the physical talent/potential was there. So yes, he had LESS skill or he would have been at a P5 school. Them's the facts.

Reactions: Frosty7130
You are comparing the NFL 5th year pro, not the college QB with mediocre results. He was drafted on potential.

His passing stats in college were pedestrian at 56% and less than 8 Y/A. He averaged a little over 3 yards per carry at Wyoming. But he could throw the ball a long way (not accurately) and was fast at 6'5" 235 ibs so the physical talent/potential was there. So yes, he had LESS skill or he would have been at a P5 school. Them's the facts.
Have you not looked at the stats from Nate Stanley, CJ, and Ricky? Ricky had a great senior season but all the other season are under 60%, shit Y/A, and again a better runner than all the other QBs. Give me Allen in college over those 3. Agree you disagree here I guess

Have you not looked at the stats from Nate Stanley, CJ, and Ricky? Ricky had a great senior season but all the other season are under 60%, shit Y/A, and again a better runner than all the other QBs. Give me Allen in college over those 3. Agree you disagree here I guess
I saw all 4 play in college and Allen was not the better QB, not even close.

Good friend I don’t think it’s the black and gold Kool-Aid but rather the black and gold hater-raid… As a few others have said it is routinely opined that our coaches ruin quarterbacks and they never get better and they’re pretty much not worth shit if they aren’t as good as they think they should be by their junior year…

We would’ve had the same suspects in here calling for somebody behind Josh Allen & there in lies the rub….

don’t be saying Ricky had a great senior season it’s pretty well-known on here our quarterbacks get worse every year….🤓

Good friend I don’t think it’s the black and gold Kool-Aid but rather the black and gold hater-raid… As a few others have said it is routinely opined that our coaches ruin quarterbacks and they never get better and they’re pretty much not worth shit if they aren’t as good as they think they should be by their junior year…

We would’ve had the same suspects in here calling for somebody behind Josh Allen & there in lies the rub….
Are you guys talking talent or statistics? Wyoming has always had mediocre talent. You can’t fault Josh Allen for why his stats in college are pretty pedestrian. We can only speculate what Allen’s numbers would have been had he been throwing to McNutt and DJK. I’m guessing his stats would be comparable to Beathard’s and Stanley’s because Iowa had mediocre WRs when CJ played and no running game for most of Stanley’s career.

The talent disparity, though, is not even in question. Allen from a strictly talent perspective in college was significantly better than anyone who has suited up for Kirk. AINEC.

Regardless, none of this is relevant to the fact Petras has been putrid his entire Iowa career and that either he improves leaps and bounds before next season or Kirk needs to give Labas a shot. In two seasons, Petras ain’t working.

Are you guys talking talent or statistics? Wyoming has always had mediocre talent. You can’t fault Josh Allen for why his stats in college are pretty pedestrian. We can only speculate what Allen’s numbers would have been had he been throwing to McNutt and DJK. I’m guessing his stats would be comparable to Beathard’s and Stanley’s because Iowa had mediocre WRs when CJ played and no running game for most of Stanley’s career.

The talent disparity, though, is not even in question. Allen from a strictly talent perspective in college was significantly better than anyone who has suited up for Kirk. AINEC.

Regardless, none of this is relevant to the fact Petras has been putrid his entire Iowa career and that either he improves leaps and bounds before next season or Kirk needs to give Labas a shot. In two seasons, Petras ain’t working.
Fewer drops for certain. A decent amount of his throws wouldn’t have been caught by Randy Moss If he was 7’6” tall. Some were throw aways due to pressure but others were just ugly

I am wondering if they are looking for a walk on because they know one of Petras or Padilla will transfer after the Spring.

Reactions: BigOHawk
I am wondering if they are looking for a walk on because they know one of Petras or Padilla will transfer after the Spring.
That's been my suspicion. The staff is protecting itself in case one of the two decides to leave after spring ball.

ADVERTISEMENT