ADVERTISEMENT

New position for Labas?

It’s WB. Hmmm

A wingback (abbreviated WB) is an offensive backfield position in American football. A wingback lines up off the line of scrimmage, generally a step behind, and outside of, a tight end. It is a versatile position, as the wingback may be called upon to block, take a handoff, or run downfield for a pass.

It’s WB. Hmmm

A wingback (abbreviated WB) is an offensive backfield position in American football. A wingback lines up off the line of scrimmage, generally a step behind, and outside of, a tight end. It is a versatile position, as the wingback may be called upon to block, take a handoff, or run downfield for a pass.
Brian Ferentz installing the Single Wing offense. ;):D

We had some hella good Wingbacks at FD St. Edmond back in the early 90s! Last time I really remember mention of the Wingback. They were pretty much the Z backs or X backs of today.

Look at your keyboard, "W" is right of and next to "Q". I agree this is a typo; believe me I know about typos as I fat-finger keystrokes frequently. And I bet almost all or all posters have done the same thing.

Chill, please, hardly a fireable offense.

WB stands for Warner Brothers.

183732bdaa96ebfe37058ed03e42126e.jpg

Look at your keyboard, "W" is right of and next to "Q". I agree this is a typo; believe me I know about typos as I fat-finger keystrokes frequently. And I bet almost all or all posters have done the same thing.

Chill, please, hardly a fireable offense.
calm down there fatty fingers....

• Haha
Reactions: kceasthawk
How's this sound? DeJean comes in at WR, shifts to Wildcat, Labas goes in motion and sets in a WB position. Maybe we throw a backward pass to Labas and he fires from there, or we've blocked well for a screen and he runs for 10-15 yards. Remember this is a mobile QB that appears to be a natural ball carrier. My coaching motto: Crush the weak, trick the strong.

Last edited:
I'm no football expert, but I thinkthe term "wingback" is a bit of an anachronism. (and not only that, it is probably out of date)

How's this sound? DeJean comes in at WR, shits to Wildcat, Labas goes in motion and sets in a WB position. Maybe we throw a backward pass to Labas and he fires from there. My coaching motto: Crush the weak, trick the strong.
By shitting on the field? Man, hate to say it but I would probably watch this…..the stadium crew gon’ be pissed tho. New meaning to ‘total shitshow’.

By shitting on the field? Man, hate to say it but I would probably watch this…..the stadium crew gon’ be pissed tho. New meaning to ‘total shitshow’.
You think there are a lot of defenses prepping that play from Iowa? Labas could run or throw, or DeJean could run or throw.

There is no reason college P5 players couldn't make this play work. Wouldn't take a ton practice and learning time.

Think outside the box.

You think there are a lot of defenses prepping that play from Iowa? Labas could run or throw, or DeJean could run or throw.

There is no reason college P5 players couldn't make this play work. Wouldn't take a ton practice and learning time.

Think outside the box.
Reread your original post. I’m just playin.(spellcheck) But to answer your question…no, nobody is preparing for that play because it is preposterous. That is next level stuff. I hope BF is trolling these boards right now and he sees it.
Ahhh, I see you fixed it. Well played. 🙄

The last time the Hawks had a wingback was in 1978. IIRC, Dennis Mosley played WB for three seasons in the Commings offense before becoming Iowa's first 1000-yard rusher in 1979 under Fry.

Wing-T Formation​

The Wing-T has a classic offensive line setup, with 2 guards, 2 tackles, a center, and the quarterback behind center. It’s characterized by having a wingback just off of your tight end on the strong side, and a split end lined up on the weak side. The tailback and the fullback can move around a little bit, but are generally split, and can often end up offset to the strong or weak sides as well.

wing-t-offense-formation.jpg
Basic Wing-T Formation

Famous Wing-T Offenses​

• Late 70s Kansas City Chiefs
  • Pre 2002 University of Delaware

Wing-T Offense Strengths​

• Counters
  • Reverses
  • Bootlegs
  • Short Passing Plays

Wing-T Offense Weaknesses​

• Power Plays
  • Deep Passing Plays

Reactions: red/green hawk
Wonderback?
I mean everyone is a superhero now in the marvel universe so why not a college football player?

Proof read by the same guy that decided to pass out Red and White (and blue) pom poms at the Wisconsin game a few years ago.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT