ADVERTISEMENT

New R v D Generic Poll out--BIG shift

I think it is more than just the abortion ruling. It was the straw that broke the camels back. But there is growing concern about how crazy the one side is getting and their authoritarian nature and refusing to do anything about 1/6 or deal with Trump. In fact, threats to democracy is now polling right up with inflation as far as concerns of the nation. I see independent and moderate votes breaking away from the current GOP in its toxic form, along with youth and female votes. The GOP has a massive demographic wall they are hurtling to that even gerrymandering and voter suppression wont save them from hitting unless they can jettison the MAGA mentality.

I think it is more than just the abortion ruling. It was the straw that broke the camels back. But there is growing concern about how crazy the one side is getting and their authoritarian nature and refusing to do anything about 1/6 or deal with Trump. In fact, threats to democracy is now polling right up with inflation as far as concerns of the nation. I see independent and moderate votes breaking away from the current GOP in its toxic form, along with youth and female votes. The GOP has a massive demographic wall they are hurtling to that even gerrymandering and voter suppression wont save them from hitting unless they can jettison the MAGA mentality.

And inflation is cooling while crazy-ass autocratic right-wing fascism is still heating up.

I think there are more moderates than there are true Democrats or true Republicans.

I want abortion to be an option up to 20 weeks but I also don't want to go all woke and advertise pro trans everything and then give lots of money for student loans to the people who are not responsible enough to handle their money appropriately.

I don't have a viable party to vote for. I just have to sit back and watch both parties destroy America.

I think there are more moderates than there are true Democrats or true Republicans.

I want abortion to be an option up to 20 weeks but I also don't want to go all woke and advertise pro trans everything and then give lots of money for student loans to the people who are not responsible enough to handle their money appropriately.

I don't have a viable party to vote for. I just have to sit back and watch both parties destroy America.
Holy hyperbole batman. The Democrats are moderate overall the GOP extreme right and dangerous. This isn't difficult. Act accordingly in November.

Sounds a wee bit MAGAish to me.

C'mon man.

I, too, don't love having to call former dudes "ma'm" and I got through college working three jobs at a time and didn't have loan debt, but grousing about that compared to attempting a coup, taking away women's ability to control their own health decisions, pretending climate change isn't real to keep pumping cash into crony-businesses and all the other shady shit the "new right" is doing now is comparing apples to anvils.

I think that's something that remains to be seen. As someone who has many times wanted to get rid of at will abortions, I also have to admit that we are talking about a different environment than we where before Roe was overturned.

Before Roe was overturned a lot of it was theoretical, now we are talking about an election that is going to determine who's going to be making the rules regarding abortion for the forseeable future.

I can't pretend like that isn't going to potentially change how people vote.
The issue with theoretical is it can mean whatever the voter wants. Most people just wanted late term abortions outlawed, but were really ok with keeping earlier term abortions. So in their minds, since that was reasonable, that's what would happen. I think they've been shocked by just how draconian many states have gone with this. Only the most fundamentalist of Christians truly wanted a world with zero abortions for any reason.

Glad they seem to be coming around; better late than never. But really? The ladies who vote for admitted face-eating leopards are suddenly upset that the face-eating leopards ate their faces? Republicans putting ideologues on the Supreme Court who’d legislate from the bench should surprise no one. They’ve never kept it a secret that’s what they wanted to do.

You know how this goes. They didn’t expect the leopards to eat *their* faces.

Reactions: mthawkeyes

Nope. No matter hard Republicans try to portray Democrats as extreme isn't correct. From the radical right-wing perspective, which is where the mainstream Republican party is, it is a perception or position.

The Democrats have not moved from their ideological positions. They haven't needed to.

Your "I just have to sit back and watch both parties destroy America" is so cliche.

Reactions: Ree4 and fsu1jreed
We had a huge Labor Day parade in the burgh today with over 200K showing up. Ole Joe, John Fetterman, Josh, our next governor all spoke, We had over 12 of the largest unions show up big and many of the smaller unions and the rain bothered nobody as they stayed 2 hours over. Just another great day in our beautiful city.

We had a huge Labor Day parade in the burgh today with over 200K showing up. Ole Joe, John Fetterman, Josh, our next governor all spoke, We had over 12 of the largest unions show up big and many of the smaller unions and the rain bothered nobody as they stayed 2 hours over. Just another great day in our beautiful city.
🇺🇸

Nope. No matter hard Republicans try to portray Democrats as extreme isn't correct. From the radical right-wing perspective, which is where the mainstream Republican party is, it is a perception or position.

The Democrats have not moved from their ideological positions. They haven't needed to.

Your "I just have to sit back and watch both parties destroy America" is so cliche.
This is a post of an ideologue.

• Haha
Reactions: unsubstantiated

Love Pittsburgh. Goes to show how America can clean shake off the shit and grime and make itself proud. Like to think Des Moines is a Jr. Pittsburgh. People from the East have made comparisons.

This is a post of an ideologue.

Evolution Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

• Haha
Reactions: torbee and littlez
Meh it’s all the same to John Smith Voter. Same with gas prices.
Only reason it isn't likely is based on how rigged it is at the state levels for the GOP. We shall see though Dems have a ton of momentum and is the only choice to protect our democracy and the rights of people.

Reactions: fsu1jreed
Just finished my ballot, voted straight D, put the stamp on it, will mail it the 21st of this month. Another job done and will start the new walk-in shower next week, and i'm looking forward to start this job.

Reactions: Chishawk1425
I think things are starting to tip slightly back toward Republicans. In addition, most of what I've seen favors Republicans more strongly among "Will definitely vote" voters.

I don't know if it will be enough for Republicans to take the Senate.

All along I've predicted Walker will lose in Georgia by a few percent, but now I think he has an even shot to win at least. Brian Kemp has enjoyed a larger lead against Stacey Abrams than people were predicting, and if that doesn't change (debate tonight), I think that hurts Warnock. I expect ticket splitters, and was thinking Kemp would win by 2-3% and Warnock by 2%.

But if Kemp is leading between 5-8% right now...I could see Walker surviving enough ticket splitters to eak it out. The wind has really gone out of Abrams' sails, and she needed a massive turnout of her voters. If her turnout is unenthusiastic, that's going to hurt Warnock. While Warnock vs Walker is huge for national Democrats given the Senate, but I'm not sure how much it animates the Abrams base in Georgia.

Walker came out of the debate with Warnock pretty well, mainly by not imploding in front of Republican voters that might be skittish about voting for him. Unless Abrams can really turn things around somehow, I think Walker might actually be in good shape.

Ohio is a total clown show. I have no idea what will happen there, but the last couple weeks haven't been all that kind to Fetterman.

I had pretty much chalked up OH and GA Sen races to the Dems, but I'm a lot less sure of that now.

I think things are starting to tip slightly back toward Republicans. In addition, most of what I've seen favors Republicans more strongly among "Will definitely vote" voters.

I don't know if it will be enough for Republicans to take the Senate.

All along I've predicted Walker will lose in Georgia by a few percent, but now I think he has an even shot to win at least. Brian Kemp has enjoyed a larger lead against Stacey Abrams than people were predicting, and if that doesn't change (debate tonight), I think that hurts Warnock. I expect ticket splitters, and was thinking Kemp would win by 2-3% and Warnock by 2%.

But if Kemp is leading between 5-8% right now...I could see Walker surviving enough ticket splitters to eak it out. The wind has really gone out of Abrams' sails, and she needed a massive turnout of her voters. If her turnout is unenthusiastic, that's going to hurt Warnock. While Warnock vs Walker is huge for national Democrats given the Senate, but I'm not sure how much it animates the Abrams base in Georgia.

Walker came out of the debate with Warnock pretty well, mainly by not imploding in front of Republican voters that might be skittish about voting for him. Unless Abrams can really turn things around somehow, I think Walker might actually be in good shape.

Ohio is a total clown show. I have no idea what will happen there, but the last couple weeks haven't been all that kind to Fetterman.

I had pretty much chalked up OH and GA Sen races to the Dems, but I'm a lot less sure of that now.

Hmmm.
Early voting kicks up and who knows.
No chicken should be counted until all those eggs in one basket are hatched..,🤔

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT