ADVERTISEMENT

New recruit story on Caden Wilkins

Thanks for linking a story on the front page of this site!
😉

If I keep creating new posts re-posting info available on the front of this site, lost of people would be pissed, especially the mods.

The 2 posts I quoted above came from here:

Reactions: Bishop1971
The 2 posts I quoted above came from here:

He thinks he’s proving a point, but all he’s doing is showing how petty he is.

With Koch's commitment to the Hawks, will the Hawks extend an offer to Wilkens. They seem to have similar types of games.

Reactions: skydog0784
I don’t think their games are that necessarily that similar. Koch is a stretch 4. Wilkins is a slashing wing who can also shoot the 3.
Agree. Fran's recruiting strategy outside of the PG position lately has been getting lengthy players that can shoot and play multiple positions. I think Wilkins could likely play the 2 or 3 unless he grows a couple more inches and then easily could be a small ball 4 as well. I could imagine a lineup in '24 of:
Bowen/Harding
Pryce
Payton
Koch
Freeman
That's a lot of length 2-5 and five legit 3 point shooters on the court.

Just let Fran do his thing - it's not a big deal imo and the mods will contact him if they see a need to.

He does add a lot of value to the site by sharing information that normally would take a lot longer to find, if ever, so I do come to the basketball board more often than I normally would since the information is easier to access due to his work.

While his work may sometimes be redundant or self serving, depending on your perspective, I don't see a big need to attack him or try to push him out the door, as that is essentially throwing the baby out with the bath water so to speak, and the board would lose more than it gains.

I'm not sure why it's turned personal. If I attacked everyone who annoyed me on these boards, I would never get anything done, and these attacks and counter points dilute the value of every thread. Just let it be imo, and let each board member decide for their own what to read and who to read.

Agree. Fran's recruiting strategy outside of the PG position lately has been getting lengthy players that can shoot and play multiple positions. I think Wilkins could likely play the 2 or 3 unless he grows a couple more inches and then easily could be a small ball 4 as well. I could imagine a lineup in '24 of:
Bowen/Harding
Pryce
Payton
Koch
Freeman
That's a lot of length 2-5 and five legit 3 point shooters on the court.
I've really never looked at it this way before, but now it makes perfect sense.

Just let Fran do his thing - it's not a big deal imo and the mods will contact him if they see a need to.

He does add a lot of value to the site by sharing information that normally would take a lot longer to find, if ever, so I do come to the basketball board more often than I normally would since the information is easier to access due to his work.

While his work may sometimes be redundant or self serving, depending on your perspective, I don't see a big need to attack him or try to push him out the door, as that is essentially throwing the baby out with the bath water so to speak, and the board would lose more than it gains.

I'm not sure why it's turned personal. If I attacked everyone who annoyed me on these boards, I would never get anything done, and these attacks and counter points dilute the value of every thread. Just let it be imo, and let each board member decide for their own what to read and who to read.
I whole heartedly disagree.

Where did those great recruiting threads go? Franisdaman and Hawkeyehoops pulled together great information….the threads that were broken down by class.

Reactions: Bishop1971
Kind of a no-win situation for McCaffery. If he doesn't recruit the young man, there will be a lot of people on here that complain. If he does recruit the young man, there will be a lot of people on here that complain. that he can only recruit Iowa kids. On the other hand, I'm pretty sure McCaffery doesn't take the temperature of this board before making decisions.

Kind of a no-win situation for McCaffery. If he doesn't recruit the young man, there will be a lot of people on here that complain. If he does recruit the young man, there will be a lot of people on here that complain. that he can only recruit Iowa kids. On the other hand, I'm pretty sure McCaffery doesn't take the temperature of this board before making decisions.
This for sure. And I pretty much trust whatever he does in this situation.

I really like the class he's signed for this year. And if not for the injuries this year, this is probably a 2-loss team heading into the B1G.

This for sure. And I pretty much trust whatever he does in this situation.

I really like the class he's signed for this year. And if not for the injuries this year, this is probably a 2-loss team heading into the B1G.
I completely agree. If we have the scholarship and have 1 for a big guy iif its not a 1 and done in the portal too this year that would be optimal.

Last edited:
Does anyone project Caden to be in the starting lineup for a D1 school or more so as a role player?

Does anyone project Caden to be in the starting lineup for a D1 school or more so as a role player?
I think he plays himself into a starter close to his senior year but if he's as hard a worker as reported maybe starts before his senior year. I'd think more of a Sandfort role which is nice to have a scorer coming in with the second team. Still has a year to develop but that's my unprofessional take.

Reactions: Sheahawk
Seen his AAU action too and I've always felt he has a bit of Bobby Hansen and Jeff Hornacek to his game.
I can see the Bobby Hansen, nice old school comparison! I think the kid is a scorer with a nose for the ball

Seen his AAU action too and I've always felt he has a bit of Bobby Hansen and Jeff Hornacek to his game.
His rebound numbers are surprisingly high. And just a junior
Definitely expect gim to grow in height and skills.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT