ADVERTISEMENT

New t-shirt for Iowa fans...

The Tradition

HR King
Apr 23, 2002
Caitlin Clark picked up a questionable technical foul call recently after letting an expletive slip during the Northwestern game. A store in Iowa City took advantage of the opportunity and thought of an interesting way to sell some Iowa hoops shirts.

RAYGUN sells clothing and home goods with multiple stores across the United States. The store’s Twitter account posted a picture of the new shirt design that has what Clark said when she picked up the foul.

Caitlin Clark picked up a questionable technical foul call recently after letting an expletive slip during the Northwestern game. A store in Iowa City took advantage of the opportunity and thought of an interesting way to sell some Iowa hoops shirts.

RAYGUN sells clothing and home goods with multiple stores across the United States. The store’s Twitter account posted a picture of the new shirt design that has what Clark said when she picked up the foul.

What's her cut in the money?

I don't believe she was saying it to herself.

Why not?

She missed a shot and said, "Damn it"; who else would she be saying it to? What context have you ever said "Damn it" other than frustration with yourself? I can't recall a scenario where another person pissed me off and I looked at them and thought of saying "damn it" at them. That wouldn't make any sense.

il_1588xN.4410738822_l5hf.jpg

Why not?

She missed a shot and said, "Damn it"; who else would she be saying it to? What context have you ever said "Damn it" other than frustration with yourself? I can't recall a scenario where another person pissed me off and I looked at them and thought of saying "damn it" at them. That wouldn't make any sense.

Have you seen the play? I believe her reaction was to a non call.

Have you seen the play? I believe her reaction was to a non call.

I will admit, you've got me there; I don't watch much women's BBall. I was going off what she said and what has been reported.

Even if she said it regarding a missed call it is ridiculous Unfortunately, officials need to make themselves part of the game.

The only thing worse than the officiating in men’s college basketball is the officiating in women’s college basketball.
I dunno about that. I watch a ton of both and my many-years-developed opinion is the women’s game is better… but ONLY because the refs suck without, or with less, at least, bias.

RARELY do you see women’s refs cowtowing to a particular big name coach the way that, for example, happens with an Izzo, or coach K.

She got a technical for saying “Damn it”? Good thing those officials don’t do football games.
The NBA made a highlight package of Kobe shit-talking foreign players in their native languages.

The message was what a competitor to go to that length to learn enough to do that.

Reactions: Chuck C
Csb I got a T once for mocking the way a ref sorta pridefully strutted towards the scorers table to call a T on one of my players. The families of my players seated behind the bench said it was one of the funniest, most absurd things they’ve ever seen. The ref has a reputation for being racist. My team was all black. The player that got the T was trailing a fast break. Teammate ahead of him laid the ball in and he junptef to track the ball in case it caromed off the front, ready to tip in a miss. There were guys under him as he jumped, so he very lightly touched the r with his hands while checking beneath him. Didn’t even grab t, just sort of put his hands there ready to grab the rim if he felt he needed to.

Refs calls a T like it made his week. Then made a damn spectacle of strutting over to the table to announce the call. I laughed and strutted towards the baseline, mocking him. Dude deserved to be mocked. He hears the laughter and Ts me up. Which kinda made my week, I’ll be honest.

Csb.

You don't know that? It's just something some of you have latched onto to be aggrieved about.
To my knowledge it has never been called in the history of men's college basketball. I would love for you to show me the example of a male player being given a technical for saying "damn it" on the court, though.

She got a technical for saying “Damn it”? Good thing those officials don’t do football games.

Or men's basketball games. I was in row 14. I could hear it and so could my kids. I didn't care, she is an athlete playing at the highest level and was frustrated. I can't believe she got a T for that. Major double standard.

Reactions: Chuck C
I took a charge on the baseline once. There was no call. I'm laying on my back and the ref comes over and asks if I'm OK. I tell him I'm just thinking about that no call. He threatened to T me up for what I'm thinking. I get up and start down the court. I tell him I don't deserve a T for what I thinking but do deserve to be arrested. He laughed and said he owes me.

Csb I got a T once for mocking the way a ref sorta pridefully strutted towards the scorers table to call a T on one of my players. The families of my players seated behind the bench said it was one of the funniest, most absurd things they’ve ever seen. The ref has a reputation for being racist. My team was all black. The player that got the T was trailing a fast break. Teammate ahead of him laid the ball in and he junptef to track the ball in case it caromed off the front, ready to tip in a miss. There were guys under him as he jumped, so he very lightly touched the r with his hands while checking beneath him. Didn’t even grab t, just sort of put his hands there ready to grab the rim if he felt he needed to.

Refs calls a T like it made his week. Then made a damn spectacle of strutting over to the table to announce the call. I laughed and strutted towards the baseline, mocking him. Dude deserved to be mocked. He hears the laughter and Ts me up. Which kinda made my week, I’ll be honest.

Csb.
Did you win?

We've heard this just talking to herself stuff before.

Last year at UNI she received a technical foul for comments she made to the UNI bench after hitting a three pointer.

CEDAR FALLS — Whatever she said, Caitlin Clark wasn’t saying.

A preseason Associated Press All-American, the Iowa sophomore hit a late 3-pointer Sunday, then was headed down court when she was called for the first technical foul of her career.

After the ninth-ranked Hawkeyes beat Northern Iowa 82-61, the high-scoring guard didn’t want to detail what she said, or who was supposed to hear it.

I like to talk to myself,” Clark said, laughing. “I was just hyping myself up. I was just trying to give us confidence, you know?”

We've heard this just talking to herself stuff before.

Last year at UNI she received a technical foul for comments she made to the UNI bench after hitting a three pointer.

CEDAR FALLS — Whatever she said, Caitlin Clark wasn’t saying.

A preseason Associated Press All-American, the Iowa sophomore hit a late 3-pointer Sunday, then was headed down court when she was called for the first technical foul of her career.

After the ninth-ranked Hawkeyes beat Northern Iowa 82-61, the high-scoring guard didn’t want to detail what she said, or who was supposed to hear it.

I like to talk to myself,” Clark said, laughing. “I was just hyping myself up. I was just trying to give us confidence, you know?”

I like her fire.

Can’t beat every woman into submission it seems.

Had a ref give a team mate a T for trying to toss the ball to another ref during a free throw. The ref he tossed it to didn't know he was trying to give him the ball and it rolled down the side of the court to the other end. Ref gave him the T and told him to go get the ball, he tried to explain himself and the ref kicked him out of the game. Dumbest thing I had ever seen. CSB/

ADVERTISEMENT