ADVERTISEMENT

New Therapeutic 85% Success - Out by End of September

Don’t know if I would get my hopes up. That article was written by the cofounder of the company producing the product. Seems like a blatant attempt to pump the value of his company. Maybe it’ll be a wonderful new therapeutic, but after 30 years in medicine, I’ve seen many “miracle “ cures touted, and few that have worked out.

Don’t know if I would get my hopes up. That article was written by the cofounder of the company producing the product. Seems like a blatant attempt to pump the value of his company. Maybe it’ll be a wonderful new therapeutic, but after 30 years in medicine, I’ve seen many “miracle “ cures touted, and few that have worked out.
Why should anyone get their hopes up? It's much better to live in fear and chaos and negativity every day ;). I really am just speaking in general, and it's not directed at you!

Got a good treatment now, but it doesn't enrich any drug companies.

https://covidsilverbullet.com

Then there's that other silly witch doctor thing....

We don't...never have and likely never well have a real treatment

Last edited:
Got a good treatment now, but it doesn't enrich any drug companies.

https://covidsilverbullet.com

Then there's that other silly witch doctor thing....

EfQn7SyVoAE8b-t
Selective stats are bad, mmmmkay?

HCQ is not the useless death drug that some claim, and it is not a miracle drug either. Results are mixed and hard to really quantify at the moment.

Selective stats are bad, mmmmkay?

HCQ is not the useless death drug that some claim, and it is not a miracle drug either. Results are mixed and hard to really quantify at the moment.

Also why it's unfortunate the NIH terminated the RCT on it.

Lancet put out the global negative study on it which caused a firestorm and later had to be retracted when found out the data was fabricated.

It's likely not incredibly effective in late stage, critically ill patients but most observational studies show some benefit in early outpatient and prophylactic use. They just need to conduct a good RCT.

The best therapeutic there is to Wear a Mask everywhere you go and social distance and this virus will be strangled until we can get a vaccine out!

I think we need to accept the fact we may never have a vaccine and it may never be substantially effective. A leading covid researcher at UT Medical Center projects that this virus will mutate into a less harmful state within the next couple of years.

Masks may provide limited mitigation but it won't strangle it. We're seeing that in California now where mask compliance is very high. A Norwegian study now shows it takes 200,000k mask wearers to prevent 1 virus spread.

It's fine to wear them but it's not a sustainable solution and may not even be a viable one with most actual RCTs showing limited efficacy.

Waiting on the holy grail vaccine is likely not a great strategy.

Yes it does, why do you ask?
If the fda approves for treatment of cov19, the comments about the WSJ article are in question.
A drug maker reporting on their clinical trials so far is no different from any other commercial enterprise promoting their next big deal like apple, microsoft etc.

I think we need to accept the fact we may never have a vaccine and it may never be substantially effective. A leading covid researcher at UT Medical Center projects that this virus will mutate into a less harmful state within the next couple of years.

Masks may provide limited mitigation but it won't strangle it. We're seeing that in California now where mask compliance is very high. A Norwegian study now shows it takes 200,000k mask wearers to prevent 1 virus spread.

It's fine to wear them but it's not a sustainable solution and may not even be a viable one with most actual RCTs showing limited efficacy.

No, we don't have to "Accept the fact we may never have a vaccine..." There are more than a half dozen in phase III trials, and it is very premature to come to that conclusion. We'll find out within the next six months or so.

For now, consistent mask wearing and social distancing are the best tools and it's cheap & easy. If we could get everyone to comply would improve things greatly. Mask compliance in California is indeed fairly good, but not nearly good enough. There are way too many people who do not comply for a variety of reasons, mostly political, denial, and general obstinance. The Norwegian study sounds highly suspect.

Last edited:
Yes, unlike MERS, Hong Kong Flu or Asian Flu, it is now bigoted to label this with the geographic point of origin. We can't offend the sensibilities of the CCP.
You sound like an idiot. I expect IowaNiceGuy to say stupid and ignorant stuff.

Reactions: Hawkness Monster
The Norwegian study sounds highly suspect.

Do tell. I'm sure we'd appreciate your expertise in contradicting a robust peer reviewed article, especially one cited by the premier evidence-based medicine research institution at Oxford.

Last edited:
Reactions: scotihawk
You sound like an idiot. I expect IowaNiceGuy to say stupid and ignorant stuff.

And here we go with the ad hominem, which is typical for you in lieu of substantive points. Countless diseases and viruses are labeled with region of origin, several of which are listed in posts above. But your comments are almost always shallow and what one would expect to find on Reddit forums.

In fact Wuhan Coronavirus was the accepted term, many times stated as such by CNN and others, until it became weaponized by the politically correct. The tapes don't lie.

Last edited:

Yea, college football in 2023!!!

Reactions: CP84
If the fda approves for treatment of cov19, the comments about the WSJ article are in question.
A drug maker reporting on their clinical trials so far is no different from any other commercial enterprise promoting their next big deal like apple, microsoft etc.
What comments will be in question? The clinical trials are part of the FDA process. The results of the first trial were peer reviewed and published in Lancet. What part of this do you find troubling?

""That article was written by the cofounder of the company producing the product. Seems like a blatant attempt to pump the value of his company. ""

""That article was written by the cofounder of the company producing the product. Seems like a blatant attempt to pump the value of his company. ""

Could be hyping the stock or could be just what he says. I will let FDA make that call. The point is the B1G should have been more patient before punting on the season. Season could start 10/24, play 6 games and end 11/28.

Reactions: jdhawk
The best therapeutic there is to Wear a Mask everywhere you go and social distance and this virus will be strangled until we can get a vaccine out!
Lol no. Don’t be a fatass is even more effective. Don’t hold your breath on a highly effective vaccine. How long did they work on the sars2 vaccine for? 12 years?

and I wear a mask everywhere btw

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT