ADVERTISEMENT

New Truck

Brown Dog

HR MVP
Aug 12, 2002
I'm looking at getting a new truck this fall potentially. I have a 2013 Tundra Double Cab now and am looking at a newer Crew Cab with less mileage than the current truck (almost 150k). I love the durability (no work done outside of tires and brakes), resale and many other things about the Tundras but they're quite pricey. The RAM and F150 options seem to be a fair amount cheaper and are actually much better rated now. Would it be crazy going away from Toyota?

Sorry, should have clarified, not looking at brand new. Main reason for upgrading is to get to the crew cab. Thanks for the info guys.

Chevy guy here; I really enjoy my Silverado, great ride, seats are ultra comfortable, plenty of space and power for a family. Although, I don’t know if I would buy a used one with greater than 75,000 miles.

We really like the GMC Sierras and have been looking for several months. Trying to find a reasonably priced used truck under 70,000 miles is challenging. We are going to help this market out by holding off until next year.

If your tundra is paid for I wouldn't change a thing. I have a buddy who has had 4 dodges since I bought my truck, just like you it's all normal maintenance. 150k is just getting broke in.

(11 crewmax owner w/ 157k)

Started out with a chevy way back in 1967. Went to a dodge, then Ford, then GMC and back to Chevy.
Would not have any other than GMC or Chevy.
Problem with GM is that they are so overpriced in my mind just because they are so popular.
Of all the trucks I have had Doge and Ford gave me the most problems.

I’ve had all 3. Ram/Chevy/ford. All mid level trims. Chevy has nicest ride, ram had the nicest interior/most horsepower's and ford had the nicest styling at the time. They all have their pros and cons. And no, 150k miles isn’t just getting broke in unless it’s a diesel. Especially with the 6cylinder turbos.
They where all 3/4 ton however.

ADVERTISEMENT