ADVERTISEMENT

New Trump Ad: The Squad

It appears this was made by some random you tube user, , but it is not from the trump campaign because it does not have an attribution at the end of it. That also rules it out from being from a PAC.

Either way I believe it was a very effectively made video.

Reactions: RTM58
By casting these remarks in stone ... ie, putting them out there in the form of an ad will also force certain minority voters to actually frame the vote as having to take a side. We need to get away from that and let each minority voter see this stuff and think through it on their own. I really think that many of them are beginning to open their eyes.

There is a higher road out there; find it and take it. Three of those four women will make their party look ugly without receiving any help from us. There will be lots more of these remarks. We should just sit back and let them land however they may.

AOC actually has a track record of torpedoing the Amazon deal. Theoretically she should be toast. However, I think we may be stuck with her for awhile. She seems to be learning where all of the political lines are drawn and getting herself right up to the edges. Plus, she speaks in regular English and appears to be articulate. The other three are much cruder ... not inspiring as individuals whatsoever. They will do themselves in.

Trump really played the Democrats on this. Just when Pelosi attempted to down play these women, and cast them out labeling them the squad, Trump forced the mainstream Democrats to defend them, and bring them back into the fold.

I personally think Trump is a babbling idiot, but he outplayed the Democrats here.

Trump really played the Democrats on this. Just when Pelosi attempted to down play these women, and cast them out labeling them the squad, Trump forced the mainstream Democrats to defend them, and bring them back into the fold.

I personally think Trump is a babbling idiot, but he outplayed the Democrats here.

Only if the GOP base is a group of mindless, bigoted, idiots.

So, you may be right.

Reactions: MitchLL
Only if the GOP base is a group of mindless, bigoted, idiots.

So, you may be right.
The squad isn't changing the mind of the GOP base. They will drive away votes from moderates, Pelosi knows it and was trying to distance them from the party. The squad brings votes to the Republicans. Referring to anyone who doesn't support the squad as mindless, bigoted idiots does too. This is the failed lesson of 2016.

I think the racists of middle America are already in-the-bag for DJT. This was wasted time and effort.
It’s about turnout.
If by middle America you mean the flyover states, then turnout won't matter since those states are already bright red.
This is just another example of Trump supporters playing to their base. Trump has previously stated that he believes that's all he needs to win reelection.

Played the Dems by running on being a racist? Sure he didn't play himself?

It’s about turnout.
Of course it is... but, if anyone sees that and believes that it is accurate, then they're not moderates or close to being independent. Democrats are already voting for their D's and R's their R's.

If Trump can manage to gain votes after the past 3 1/2 years, then he deserves the office!

Reactions: Huey Grey
Played the Dems by running on being a racist? Sure he didn't play himself?
Why did Pelosi label them as the squad? Why was she pushing them aside? Is she a racist?

People don't need to be racist to disagree with the ideas being pushed by the squad. You have devalued to word by insisting everyone who doesn't agree with you is racist.

The squad isn't changing the mind of the GOP base. They will drive away votes from moderates, Pelosi knows it and was trying to distance them from the party. The squad brings votes to the Republicans. Referring to anyone who doesn't support the squad as mindless, bigoted idiots does too. This is the failed lesson of 2016.

Trump and his band if bigots singled out these four women because they are minorities. There are plenty of uber-liberals in Congress, but Trump knows that picking on them fires up his base.

Pelosi knows this, and wants them to be quiet so Trump doesn’t have more material to work with. It can’t be that she disagrees with their left wing views because we’ve been told for years that she’s a left wing loon.

If it starts getting too bad, the Dems will show the freshmen Congress ladies are not as far out there as the far right wants to paint them.

Trump and his band if bigots singled out these four women because they are minorities. There are plenty of uber-liberals in Congress, but Trump knows that picking on them fires up his base.

Pelosi knows this, and wants them to be quiet so Trump doesn’t have more material to work with. It can’t be that she disagrees with their left wing views because we’ve been told for years that she’s a left wing loon.

Pelosi isn't worried about Trump's base, Pelosi is worried about the moderates that will swing this election. The squad is the one that is going to fire up the moderates, just not in the direction you want. Please keep insulting people that you want to swing your direction, that will win votes for you every time.

Reactions: RTM58
Pelosi isn't worried about Trump's base, Pelosi is worried about the moderates that will swing this election. The squad is the one that is going to fire up the moderates, just not in the direction you want. Please keep insulting people that you want to swing your direction, that will win votes for you every time.
If the plan is to label an entire party by the words of four freshmen in Congress, then I think that's a failing strategy. When and if they have some proposals passed by the house and then supported by the Democrats in the Senate, the label would better apply.

The fact Trump wants to paint them as such doesn't make it so.

Why did Pelosi label them as the squad? Why was she pushing them aside? Is she a racist?

People don't need to be racist to disagree with the ideas being pushed by the squad. You have devalued to word by insisting everyone who doesn't agree with you is racist.
I'm referring to Trump's tweets, which are absolutely racist. That is the origin of his squad angle.

And just to be clear. Telling Americans, who just happen to be brown, to go back to where they came from is absolutely racist.

If conservatives don't like the squad, they're really going to hate what the future looks like.
Racist anti-semite, anti American values and pure hatred of all things not of brown color or of foreign dissent. Your right what's not to hate.

Trump has an amazing ability to get his opponents to act crazy, show their ass, ture color's and be even more radical.

If the plan is to label an entire party by the words of four freshmen in Congress, then I think that's a failing strategy. When and if they have some proposals passed by the house and then supported by the Democrats in the Senate, the label would better apply.

Except their anti-semitic racist anti American rhetoric does.

Racist anti-semite, anti American values and pure hatred of all things not of brown color or of foreign dissent. Your right what's not to hate.

That’s what you want to believe. But the truth is Trump has just gone onto say more disparaging things about America.

Tell that to Pelosi, she disagrees with you. She is concerned, Trump jumped at the chance to make the Party defend them.

I'm referring to Trump's tweets, which are absolutely racist. That is the origin of his squad angle.

And just to be clear. Telling Americans, who just happen to be brown, to go back to where they came from is absolutely racist.
I absolutely think he is a racist, but I don't think it would have made a difference what their skin tone was, he'd told them the same thing.

His squad angle is, polls show that moderates really, really don't like the squad. Pelosi knows it and tried to distance the Mainstream Democratic party from them and gave them the tag the squad. Trump forced the mainstream Democrats to defend them by criticizing them. His is a winning angle. It has nothing to do with skin tone.

If this is who we are, then it is my responsibility to determine what to do. If we are a nation of white supremacists, White Nationalists, racists, bigots, false Christians, haters...if this is who we are...then I will have to respond to that for my family.

I'm not worried though. It is not who we are.

I see where my President now wants to “keep America great” in 2020....when did America become great, ‘cause in ‘16 it was all about making ‘Merica great again....when did we cross the threshold? How come no party with free McDonald’s?
Or was that the reason for the tank parade and fly-over on the 4th?

It’s a little late for that.

The Squad’s main attribute is they point to how effective blatant bigotry is in exciting the GOP base.
Do you even know the meaning of bigotry?

Omar is a bigot and you support her, which makes you not only a supporter of a bigot, but a hypocrite.

Yes, Omar is a bigot. And don't just take my word for it. When Omar made national headlines yet again after making more disturbing remarks on social media they were were widely condemned as anti-Semitic by influential individuals. Anti-Defamation League CEO Jonathan Greenblatt wrote this: "Words matter Rep. @IlhanMN. Anti-Semitism is on the rise in the US and abroad. The use of this tired anti-Semitic trope about Jews and money is inappropriate and upsetting. As Americans and Jews, we expect our politicians to condemn bigotry, not fuel it."

Others who condemned her bigoted remarks:

* Omar's Democratic and Republican House colleagues;

* former presidential daughter Chelsea Clinton;

* Dan Shapiro, former U.S. ambassador to Israel during the Obama administration, and

* Anti-Defamation League CEO Jonathan Greenblatt.

* the Minneapolis Star Tribune Editorial Board .

From the Star Tribune editorial board:

The controversial comments also came on the heels of a January apology from Omar after a New York Times columnist raised concerns about a 2012 tweet in which Omar said Israel had "hypnotized the world" while doing "evil."

With an apology comes the expectation of change and personal growth. Omar's two tweets made it clear that hasn't happened. The flippant tone of one of her statements also underscores doubts about her judgment, particularly when this latest communications crisis could have been easily avoided. She didn't have to retweet another person's controversial views on Israel's congressional influence. But she did and then added her own comment: "It's all about the Benjamins, baby" and included a musical note emoji. This may allude to a 1997 rap song that included the same phrase.

House Democrats including Speaker Nancy Pelosi sharply rebuked Omar. Omar's communications director did not respond to an editorial writer's inquiry. Omar did issue a grudging apology on Twitter, saying her remorse was unequivocal but renewing her criticism of AIPAC.

Minnesota's largely urban Fifth District needs a hardworking representative who can articulate constituent needs and pass legislation. The continuing controversies will make it hard for Omar to enlist the congressional colleagues she'll need to get the work done.

Link: http://www.startribune.com/rep-ilha...505682442/?om_rid=1615744457&om_mid=359427529

Yeah, senile Art thinks that anyone who objects to the squad's ideas is a racist, bigot, or both.

Art has shown that he is not very bright.

Ultimately his opponent will be the boogie-man and people will largely forget about The Squad when the Dems have their candidate. The election will be about Donald Trump.

Reactions: ThorneStockton
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT