ADVERTISEMENT

New TV series for wife and I

UNIowaHawk

HR Legend
Jul 22, 2011
To start, no pic of wife.

We just finished the Americans so we are looking for another series to start after the kids go to bed. We have access to Amazon Prime, Netflix, HBO, and some Fx (apparently they have tiers).

We’ve seen (or caught up on):
  • Americans
  • Suits
  • Sopranos
  • Breaking Bad
  • The Crown
  • Jack Ryan

I’m watching without her (on her yoga nights):
  • Vikings
  • Game of Thrones
  • Better Call Saul

We have no interest in:
  • Walking Dead
  • Westworld
  • Making a Murderer
  • Stranger Things
  • House of Cards
  • American Horror Story
  • Mr Robot

Dexter? Not sure you can get it outside of Showtime account.
Same thing for Shameless.
My girlfriend likes Barry on HBO. I like Ballers but it is NFL themed.
I've heard things about Sneaky Pete on Prime.

Sneaky Peat on Amazon was entertaining. Con man assuming an identity and how he keeps ahead of his lies.

We are still watching Midsomer Murders on Netflix - the Brits have been making episodes for decades.

1200x630bb.jpg

The Bodyguard on Netflix was pretty solid. BBC series so its only 6 episodes which makes for a quick watch.

Reactions: dekhawk
Dexter? Not sure you can get it outside of Showtime account.
Same thing for Shameless.
My girlfriend likes Barry on HBO. I like Ballers but it is NFL themed.
I've heard things about Sneaky Pete on Prime.
Dexter is on Netflix, me and the wife have watched it twice. Others we liked are Ozark (Netflix), Shamless (Netflix), and Sneaky Pete (Prime Video). BlL really liked Punisher on Netflix.

Reactions: fredjr82
Patriot on Amazon Prime is fantastic. Season 2 is starting out pretty funny. Dark comedy spy stuff. More people should be watching this one. The dad from That 70's Show in the drug addiction circle in season 2 is worth the price of admission.

May only be one season, but started watching "Get Shorty" on Netflix with Ray Romano. Three episodes in and enjoying it.

Sherlock Holmes on Netfix is pretty entertaining. Ozark is awesome. Just finished Man in the High Castle (Prime)- like it a lot. Blacklist is one of my favorites.

To start, no pic of wife.

We just finished the Americans so we are looking for another series to start after the kids go to bed. We have access to Amazon Prime, Netflix, HBO, and some Fx (apparently they have tiers).

We’ve seen (or caught up on):
  • Americans
  • Suits
  • Sopranos
  • Breaking Bad
  • The Crown
  • Jack Ryan

I’m watching without her (on her yoga nights):
  • Vikings
  • Game of Thrones
  • Better Call Saul

We have no interest in:
  • Walking Dead
  • Westworld
  • Making a Murderer
  • Stranger Things
  • House of Cards
  • American Horror Story
  • Mr Robot
Stranger things was better than I thought it would be, I would suggest at least sliding to the maybe pile. Same with house of cards, first couple seasons were great.
As others have said, watch ozark asap. It's outstanding.

Man in the High Castle was solid in season 1, but season 2 sucked (only managed a few episodes before I quit). Is season 3 any better?

If you watched and liked the Americans, try Covert Affairs on amazon. Prolly not as well written, but entertaining none the less.(spy type of show)

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT