ADVERTISEMENT

New US covid cases peaked July 17th,

Hey those 175,000... soon to be 200,000 dead people... well "It is what it is". Good grief the lack of leadership.
Stop typing on your phone and using the internet. You know I have to go to work because of people like you, you are putting my life at risk. Makes me sick, that you have no regard for my health.

I see the president isn't the only one trying to practice medicine without a license or, in many cases, without a brain. Well done. And those 170,000 dead Americans aren't really dead. It's all a hoax. You know it. FOX News knows it. It's the Deep State. It's voodoo. The liberals will literally try anything to bring down Fuhrer Trump as he attempts to make Germany, er, America great again. Sic em.

But most of all, play ball! That's what REALLY matters.

You have to be the most ignorant SOB on earth

I see the president isn't the only one trying to practice medicine without a license or, in many cases, without a brain. Well done. And those 170,000 dead Americans aren't really dead. It's all a hoax. You know it. FOX News knows it. It's the Deep State. It's voodoo. The liberals will literally try anything to bring down Fuhrer Trump as he attempts to make Germany, er, America great again. Sic em.

But most of all, play ball! That's what REALLY matters.
Football is clearly secondary. What really matters is that Biden does not get elected. If that happens, then the US will begin a rapid slide to a very, very terrible outcome.

Football is clearly secondary. What really matters is that Biden does not get elected. If that happens, then the US will begin a rapid slide to a very, very terrible outcome.
No one person has that power. Even Bush, with all of his eff-ups, never caused that to happen.

The real issue/question is how many years is it going to take to get the US healthy physically and economically. Not sure we will see that in 4 years with either candidate but I know thst with Trump it won't happen. He still can't accept that there is a serious health issue (as many of you cannot).

Well, the peak was at 70,000 new cases per day and now there are "only" 45,000 cases per day. In early April, though, there were "only" 35,000 per day. Additionally, the new cases in the Midwest, particularly Iowa and Illinois, are on the rise. Football is not going to happen in the B10 this year. It sucks, but grasping at straws isn't going to change the outcome.
U.S. reported 36,000 cases today.

This is just nuts. The original goal was to flatten the curve, and the left continues to want to move the goal posts completely ignoring the science. Hospitalizations are down to where they were in March, protect the elderly is all we are really required to do as a society. 275 million people go to a Walmart weekly.()https://expandedramblings.com/index.php/walmart-statistics/[URL]https://expandedramblings.com/index.php/walmart-statistics/[/URL],
To argue that we cannot have college football is assinine. If we had vaccinations tomorrow, there will still be half the nation filled with cowering hand wringers whining that it is still not safe.

lol. You need to work on your reading comprehension skills. I'm not the one making decisions; I'm just telling you that I don't think the B10 will reverse its decision. I don't see why they would given that not much has changed since they made the decision. Do I wish there was B10 football this fall? Yes, but I also realize that the issue is closed for 2020. The powers that be made their decision and they're not going to change their mind because you are bitching and moaning. Hilarious that you're calling others hand-wringers when you can't even handle going without a college football season. Things didn't go our way in terms of college football this year, but, Jesus, grow a pair, man.

U.S. reported 36,000 cases today.

Cool. That's progress. Now reduce it by another 25,000 for a month straight and maybe we can have B10 football starting some time in October. I'm not making the decisions, but it's pretty easy to read the tea leaves: Kevin Warren and the university presidents aren't going to change their minds unless there is a new-case-per-day reversal that is more dramatic than what you or I may think is reasonable.

imagine if the college kids decided to pick up the rock and play on old grass lots behind the gas station

? Is he right?

The daily death numbers are higher, maybe states are fidging the positive numbers (likw Iowa has been doing?
https://www.cidrap.umn.edu/news-perspective/2020/08/us-sees-highest-covid-19-daily-death-toll-may

Well, the OP specifically mentioned cases, and your link refers to deaths. Obviously, not the same thing, and deaths will always trail cases,

Moreover, according to ourworldindata, the deaths are also coming down. In fact, their data suggests on Aug 12 (the day referenced in teh article you posted) there were 1,076 COVID deaths in the US (as opposed to the 1,499 listed in your article), and on June 26 there were 2,437 (quite a bit higher than the 1,499 the article you posted claims to have been the highest since May).

But no matter whose data you use you can clearly see that the trend in both cases and deaths has been dropping for some time. So yes, the OP was right.

Reactions: Kurt Warner
No one person has that power. Even Bush, with all of his eff-ups, never caused that to happen.

The real issue/question is how many years is it going to take to get the US healthy physically and economically. Not sure we will see that in 4 years with either candidate but I know thst with Trump it won't happen. He still can't accept that there is a serious health issue (as many of you cannot).

Lol

With what is going on in college towns all over the country, we are about to see a big increase in cases. Packed into bars with no masks or loitering outside with no spacing, Iowa City now has the third most increase of new cases in the nation. Eagle Pass,Texas is number one, Lawton OK is #2, and Iowa City is #3. Our number went from 154 new cases to 354 cases per week. The next two weeks will be worse.
Keep it up. We should have herd immunity for Garzilla in November.

Reactions: Clownhater
Well, the OP specifically mentioned cases, and your link refers to deaths. Obviously, not the same thing, and deaths will always trail cases,

Moreover, according to ourworldindata, the deaths are also coming down. In fact, their data suggests on Aug 12 (the day referenced in teh article you posted) there were 1,076 COVID deaths in the US (as opposed to the 1,499 listed in your article), and on June 26 there were 2,437 (quite a bit higher than the 1,499 the article you posted claims to have been the highest since May).

But no matter whose data you use you can clearly see that the trend in both cases and deaths has been dropping for some time. So yes, the OP was right.
Still too high. And there isn't really a trend in the US unless we say that the numbers continue to do up and down, not really solidly one way or the other overall. And we are seeing a spike now that kids are starting to return to school. We'll know a lot more at the end of September than we do now.

Still too high. And there isn't really a trend in the US unless we say that the numbers continue to do up and down, not really solidly one way or the other overall. And we are seeing a spike now that kids are starting to return to school. We'll know a lot more at the end of September than we do now.

Trends actually go up and down. That's called volatility. For valatility to be a trend, we need to see lower highs and lowers lows (or higher highs and higher lows for an upward trend). What we're seeing is clearly a trend. Can you guess which way it's going?

And no, we're not seeing a spike as kids return to school. We're seeing a continuation of the trend that was already in place. In fact, yesterday was the lowest low yet in the current trend.

Last edited:
Trends actually go up and down. That's called volatility. For valatility to be a trend, we need to see lower highs and lowers lows (or higher highs and higher lows for an upward trend). What we're seeing is clearly a trend. Can you guess which way it's going?

And no, we're not seeing a spike as kids return to school. We're seeing a continuation of the trend that was already in place. In fact, yesterday was the lowest low yet in the current trend.
Keep drinking the koolaid.

Again, we are soon to be at 200,000 + dead people. In just the US. In like 6 months. Anyone still trying to sell the tRump line... it's not going to be that bad... it will go away... summer will cure it... shoot up bleach... we can put a light inside the body to fight the virus... it isn't that bad... it is what it is... we need less testing... it's only cause we test 'so much'... we have it under control... it doesn't effect the young... masks don't really help... we should pack the churches for Easter...ought to keep their head in the sand along with tRump until it is gone. That's probably safer than wearing a mask... which tRump's self-inflated ego will not allow him to do. Leadership vacuum unparalleled.

Last edited:
With what is going on in college towns all over the country, we are about to see a big increase in cases. Packed into bars with no masks or loitering outside with no spacing, Iowa City now has the third most increase of new cases in the nation. Eagle Pass,Texas is number one, Lawton OK is #2, and Iowa City is #3. Our number went from 154 new cases to 354 cases per week. The next two weeks will be worse.

The CDC just instructed everyone to only test sick people so I don't see that happening. You will unfortunately see an increase in hospitalizations and deaths.
Largely asymptomatic which is integral to herd immunity acquisition. The young, largely unaffected, are the brakes to the virus. This is good and necessary to ever burn out the virus. Hiding those able to resist the effects of the disease only insures continuation way beyond necessary with collateral damages worse than the disease. But then, that is the agenda.

Well this aged well.

Reactions: not_mantiteo
What next, the Strawberry Point Weekly?

Of course, the virus is going up in some locales and down in others, but the data on the overall infection rate couldn't be more clear, even if it's more than you can comprehend.
Iowa is not a "locale". And the Gazette distribution is much larger than Glen Ellyn Daily Herald.

While the infection rate may be on the decline recently (last 2 weeks), it will go up now that schools are trying to reopen. Not rocket science, and the next 2 weeks will bear this out.

Regarding my ability to comprehend, I had no problems getting a great education at Iowa and leveraging that to be successful enough to retire early. If you need to anonymously insult someone you do not know on the internet to be proud of yourself, that tells me all I need to know about you.

Iowa is not a "locale". And the Gazette distribution is much larger than Glen Ellyn Daily Herald.

While the infection rate may be on the decline recently (last 2 weeks), it will go up now that schools are trying to reopen. Not rocket science, and the next 2 weeks will bear this out.

Regarding my ability to comprehend, I had no problems getting a great education at Iowa and leveraging that to be successful enough to retire early. If you need to anonymously insult someone you do not know on the internet to be proud of yourself, that tells me all I need to know about you.

1) A "locale" is "a place where something happens or is set, or that has particular events associated with it". Iowa most certainly qualifies.

2) The infection rate has been on the decline for well over a month.

3) Schools will have little impact on the infection rate. The young are not spreading the virus in any significant numbers. And even if they were, moving them from where they've been to where they are now does little or nothing to increase infections. It's possible their new locations could see spikes, but if so, they'll come at the expense of declines in their former locations.

4) If the pointy white cap fits..........

Last edited:
Again, we are soon to be at 200,000 + dead people. In just the US. In like 6 months. Anyone still trying to sell the tRump line... it's not going to be that bad... it will go away... summer will cure it... shoot up bleach... we can put a light inside the body to fight the virus... it isn't that bad... it is what it is... we need less testing... it's only cause we test 'so much'... we have it under control... it doesn't effect the young... masks don't really help... we should pack the churches for Easter...ought to keep their head in the sand along with tRump until it is gone. That's probably safer than wearing a mask... which tRump's self-inflated ego will not allow him to do. Leadership vacuum unparalleled.
Total YoY deaths are stagnant. Median age of death is still 78. Elderly folks dying overall at the same rate. The data is starting to show people are dying with Covid not necessarily from Covid at the rate you want them too.

also, the U.S. hospital system was never overrun. We are strategically storing ventilators because we have too many. We are testing note then any other country in the world. This has been handled well Stfu with this thing killing everyone and tRump (did I do that righ?) killed 200k people. The common flu kills more people under the age of 30 each year then Covid.

1) A "locale" is "a place where something happens or is set, or that has particular events associated with it". Iowa most certainly qualifies.

2) The infection rate has been on the decline for well over a month.

3) Schools will have little impact on the infection rate. The young are not spreading the virus in any significant numbers. And even if they were, moving them from where they've been to where they are now does little or nothing to increase infections. It's possible their new locations could see spikes, but if so, they'll come at the expense of declines in their former locations.

4) If the pointy white cap fits..........
You appear to be the one in the pointy white outfit...
white_supremacy-jpeg-57b14_207e2a08a5cdab3ee8546ca780e622c0.fit-760w.jpg

Last edited:
You are ignorant. Good luck with your career in sanitation engineeri

You appear to be the one in the pointy white outfit...
white_supremacy-jpeg-57b14_207e2a08a5cdab3ee8546ca780e622c0.fit-760w.jpg

English may not be your strong suit.

That could help explain why you sit facing the corner with no idea of the reference to your pointy white cap.

Seriously, what would you do with a brain if you had one?

The lefties use all there tricks in this page/topic.

COVID is not a hoax, like the Russia or Ukraine bullshit the Communist/Democrats just fabricated entirely. COVID is real and it has made many people sick.

But COVID was hysterically exaggerated and that hysteria continues in this thread. Message bots like Aristotle keep exaggerating the risk for one reason, creation of a sense of dissatisfaction for the upcoming election. The communist left continues to "move the goal post" for the the conditions precedent to ending the shut down.

COVID is not close to the threat the almost entirely left wing public health community said it was going to be. In March April we were told tens of millions of cases and millions of deaths were certain. The left ran with the Imperial College study that 1-2 millions would die and perhaps 50 million infections in the coming "months". That hysteria was screamed 24/7 by the also primarily far left media. We were told 24/7 that the hospital system and infrastructure in the entire United States was collapsing and with some MSNBC an CNN message engineers claiming it had already happened. If you deny that was the coverage and the presentation you're simply lying to yourself or just lying. So the nation never had an intelligent conversation about the response to an appropriate risk level.

In March I posted on this site that the COVID risk was being greatly exaggerated for political reasons. Dems first attacked Trump for doing the first most sensible thing: ban entry into the US from the original source of the disease, China. I mean what motive other than virulent racism would prompt a travel ban for a country in which a novel and uncurbable virus had arisen and from which it was spreading, right? The Democrat responses was "come on in", party and parade. Then the deaths started.

Democrats opposed every measure the Trump administration took. Moron governors like Karen of Michigan and whatever criminal is now governor of Illinois (their govs are all criminals, its a bipartisan thing in the land of the Cheatin' Illini) actually banned hydrochloroquine because Trump suggested there was evidence that it mitigated the symptoms. Of course as millions of doses were administered world wide, and it did mitigate the symptoms if administered early, the Dems doubled down on murder, constantly attacking a well known drug in their media and embargoing any news that it worked. The klepto Communists that run FB and Twitter actually banned the doctors trying to discuss the viability of hydrochloroquine. The Commies kept this up after the CDC approved HCQ use in early cases and other countries with advanced medical science, like France, used it extensively with success. The morons attacked Trump for saying internal sunlight would help clear the lungs-like a guy with a degree from the Wharton School didn't know humans cannot internally consume actual "sunlight". Of course, the UV light, e.g. imitation sunlight, turned out to be an excellent therapy for COVID.

The blame Trump for everything is just simple revolutionary tactics right out of Lenin and Alinsky. If you've studied the history of revolutions anywhere you recognize the tactics. Robespierre, Lenin/Stalin, Hitler, Mao, Fidel, Pol Pot, Ortega and the Sandinistas, and whichever jerk offs are destroying Venezuela and Zimbabwe at the moment. Basically never let up, lie early, lie often, lie constantly. By the time one lie is disproven (Russia) the next lie starts (Ukraine). Politicize epidemics and natural disasters-the objective is to not let your opponent catch their breath and destroy them with constant attack through agitation propaganda. The United States is now at that point. Think May 1789 or October 1917 because the country is there. So if you think there's no difference in the election you are dreaming.

As for the COVID threat, the communists that run almost all of American non commercial enterprises, like every University in the Big Ten, are reduced to continuing the lies and, almost comically, claiming the worse is yet to come as a justification for the hardship and death they continue to cause. Then we learn bits of context, like the UI is releasing the number of positive tests, without disclosing in the same releases that the same people, already known to be C+, are repeatedly tested, hence elevating the public belief about the scope of the problem. It sounds like 32 different kids tested positive when you say "32 positive tests" without disclosing it might be 16 people tested twice or, more likely, four people tested 8 times each. In the law we call that fraudulent concealment.

The facts, based on the numbers CDC reports, COVID has not hit 2% of the population after 8 months of existence in the US. Half the cases have fully resolved. Today's numbers show only 2,896,427 have Covid, still under 1% active C+. The percentage recovering grows every day, as the mortality rate declines daily....and we are at least 8 months in. The symptomatic/a symptomatic ratio improves every day. The CDC no longer must think the a symptomatic are contagious because they no longer recommend testing even for a symptomatics that have had some contact with C+. Over 22% of the American population has been tested, 77,931,407 as of today, more than a million since Tuesday. We have enormous data sets with which to work. Obviously cases will increase as schools reopen but that is not really the issue here. The issue is whether the shut down must continue until there are no cases, a zero or near zero risk environment? The mere possibility that some small number of players, coaches or other people might get COVID cannot be the precondition of a shut down or it will never end.

Its a nasty virus. People die from viruses. In the case of COVID, far far fewer people have died than was originally projected. Now, crushed between 2 truths, either they fantastically exaggerated COVID or the US government has done a fantastic job of mitigating something akin to the Bubonic plague, the communist left bleat the same tropes they use on every subject, just an infantile reiteration of stupid, stupid, stupid snark and lies or distortion. Orange Man Bad.

Finally, this "absolute moral authority" that the communists use, on every subject, isn't truer here than in any of its other manifestations, and its really particularly stupid here. Sure, those of us opposed to the shut down of football want to watch football, that does not deprive us of morality or damn us with selfishness. The players that play it and the adults that coach it want to play/coach too. They are the people with the most at risk and they want to go. But they cannot "go" because others have decided that a tiny risk of harm to a very small number of people is sufficient justification to deprive everyone else of the enjoyment, and more importantly, the revenue earned from college football. So who has moral authority on this issue? Not the hysterics, to be sure-almost universally the shut down crowd has had no economic or health related impact from the shut downs.

But Sheeple, please wear your masks and show everyone how much you care.

Last edited:
Reactions: twindman

COVID is not a hoax, like the Russia or Ukraine bullshit the Communist/Democrats just fabricated entirely. COVID is real and it has made many people sick.

But COVID was hysterically exaggerated and that hysteria continues in this thread. Message bots like Aristotle keep exaggerating the risk for one reason, creation of a sense of dissatisfaction for the upcoming election. The communist left continues to "move the goal post" for the the conditions precedent to ending the shut down.

COVID is not close to the threat the almost entirely left wing public health community said it was going to be. In March April we were told tens of millions of cases and millions of deaths were certain. The left ran with the Imperial College study that 1-2 millions would die and perhaps 50 million infections in the coming "months". That hysteria was screamed 24/7 by the also primarily far left media. We were told 24/7 that the hospital system and infrastructure in the entire United States was collapsing and with some MSNBC an CNN message engineers claiming it had already happened. If you deny that was the coverage and the presentation you're simply lying to yourself or just lying. So the nation never had an intelligent conversation about the response to an appropriate risk level.

In March I posted on this site that the COVID risk was being greatly exaggerated for political reasons. Dems first attacked Trump for doing the first most sensible thing: ban entry into the US from the original source of the disease, China. I mean what motive other than virulent racism would prompt a travel ban for a country in which a novel and uncurbable virus had arisen and from which it was spreading, right? The Democrat responses was "come on in", party and parade. Then the deaths started.

Democrats opposed every measure the Trump administration took. Moron governors like Karen of Michigan and whatever criminal is now governor of Illinois (their govs are all criminals, its a bipartisan thing in the land of the Cheatin' Illini) actually banned hydrochloroquine because Trump suggested there was evidence that it mitigated the symptoms. Of course as millions of doses were administered world wide, and it did mitigate the symptoms if administered early, the Dems doubled down on murder, constantly attacking a well known drug in their media and embargoing any news that it worked. The klepto Communists that run FB and Twitter actually banned the doctors trying to discuss the viability of hydrochloroquine. The Commies kept this up after the CDC approved HCQ use in early cases and other countries with advanced medical science, like France, used it extensively with success. The morons attacked Trump for saying internal sunlight would help clear the lungs-like a guy with a degree from the Wharton School didn't know humans cannot internally consume actual "sunlight". Of course, the UV light, e.g. imitation sunlight, turned out to be an excellent therapy for COVID.

The blame Trump for everything is just simple revolutionary tactics right out of Lenin and Alinsky. If you've studied the history of revolutions anywhere you recognize the tactics. Robespierre, Lenin/Stalin, Hitler, Mao, Fidel, Pol Pot, Ortega and the Sandinistas, and whichever jerk offs are destroying Venezuela and Zimbabwe at the moment. Basically never let up, lie early, lie often, lie constantly. By the time one lie is disproven (Russia) the next lie starts (Ukraine). Politicize epidemics and natural disasters-the objective is to not let your opponent catch their breath and destroy them with constant attack through agitation propaganda. The United States is now at that point. Think May 1789 or October 1917 because the country is there. So if you think there's no difference in the election you are dreaming.

As for the COVID threat, the communists that run almost all of American non commercial enterprises, like every University in the Big Ten, are reduced to continuing the lies and, almost comically, claiming the worse is yet to come as a justification for the hardship and death they continue to cause. Then we learn bits of context, like the UI is releasing the number of positive tests, without disclosing in the same releases that the same people, already known to be C+, are repeatedly tested, hence elevating the public belief about the scope of the problem. It sounds like 32 different kids tested positive when you say "32 positive tests" without disclosing it might be 16 people tested twice or, more likely, four people tested 8 times each. In the law we call that fraudulent concealment.

The facts, based on the numbers CDC reports, COVID has not hit 2% of the population after 8 months of existence in the US. Half the cases have fully resolved. Today's numbers show only 2,896,427 have Covid, still under 1% active C+. The percentage recovering grows every day, as the mortality rate declines daily....and we are at least 8 months in. The symptomatic/a symptomatic ratio improves every day. The CDC no longer must think the a symptomatic are contagious because they no longer recommend testing even for a symptomatics that have had some contact with C+. Over 22% of the American population has been tested, 77,931,407 as of today, more than a million since Tuesday. We have enormous data sets with which to work. Obviously cases will increase as schools reopen but that is not really the issue here. The issue is whether the shut down must continue until there are no cases, a zero or near zero risk environment? The mere possibility that some small number of players, coaches or other people might get COVID cannot be the precondition of a shut down or it will never end.

Its a nasty virus. People die from viruses. In the case of COVID, far far fewer people have died than was originally projected. Now, crushed between 2 truths, either they fantastically exaggerated COVID or the US government has done a fantastic job of mitigating something akin to the Bubonic plague, the communist left bleat the same tropes they use on every subject, just an infantile reiteration of stupid, stupid, stupid snark and lies or distortion. Orange Man Bad.

Finally, this "absolute moral authority" that the communists use, on every subject, isn't truer here than in any of its other manifestations, and its really particularly stupid here. Sure, those of us opposed to the shut down of football want to watch football, that does not deprive us of morality or damn us with selfishness. The players that play it and the adults that coach it want to play/coach too. They are the people with the most at risk and they want to go. But they cannot "go" because others have decided that a tiny risk of harm to a very small number of people is sufficient justification to deprive everyone else of the enjoyment, and more importantly, the revenue earned from college football. So who has moral authority on this issue? Not the hysterics, to be sure-almost universally the shut down crowd has had no economic or health related impact from the shut downs.

Wow... paranoid and delusional much? yes I will wear my mask to protect me and others. It's called science and recommended by the docs and scientists, most everyone except for the great orange buffoon realize that. as far as your charge of lies... lying... sorry but that is patented by and is tRump's go-to schtick. He does it so much... you, me... everyone knows it. Trouble is he lies so much about EVERYTHING we can't keep track of them. He must be rolling in his comrade Putiin's lap each night thinking how he hoodwinked you simpletons. Good luck with your bleach injections and internal blacklights and hot weather fixes that tRump has recommended if you are unlucky enough to be one of the millions infected. Or dead. He's like a Mad magazine comic character.

Wow, get a grip dude.

Cedar Sinai Medical Center actually made a UV light that you can insert into the lungs to fight COVID-19.

Only one state in the country (Georgia) has more than 20% of their hospital beds being used by COVID patients. 45 states are under 10%. 27 states are under 5%. This. Is. Not. Being. Reported

• And even apart from the dropping hospitalizations, and dropping cases, the hospitalizations-per-confirmed cases has dropped substantially from the spring levels, unambiguously supporting the notion that the recent infections affected a less vulnerable and more healthy group, and lending support to the idea many epidemiologists have proposed that the virus is losing potency.
  • From David Bahnsen

• The FDA gave emergency use authorization to Abbott Labs yesterday for their $5 rapid response antigen test. The test is tiny, cheap, and fast, and uses a similar technology to a home pregnancy test, with results expected in 15 minutes. Tens of millions of these tests will ship in September now. They will not be sold directly to consumers – but are intended for use by medical professionals, school nurses, etc. Accuracy levels are estimated to be roughly 97%.

Reactions: BBHawk
  • One of the tricky things about analyzing the summer surge in cases and determining where or where not a potential herd immunity analysis becomes useful from all of it was that so many places being analyzed had not had a real “first wave” yet. Louisiana was an exception – as they were hit pretty hard back in March/April, and then again in June/July, indicating that perhaps the herd immunity hopes that were a possible explanation for low reinfection rates in some places like New York were premature. I have benefited immensely from the work of Youyang Gu, a data scientist at MIT, throughout the last few months, and I took the time this morning to read his exhaustive analysis of Louisiana’s “second wave.” Not only do we see that it was very different parishes/regions of the state impacted in March/April vs. June/July, we see that the mortality in the “second wave” was a fraction of the first.
  • From David Bahnsen

• One of the tricky things about analyzing the summer surge in cases and determining where or where not a potential herd immunity analysis becomes useful from all of it was that so many places being analyzed had not had a real “first wave” yet. Louisiana was an exception – as they were hit pretty hard back in March/April, and then again in June/July, indicating that perhaps the herd immunity hopes that were a possible explanation for low reinfection rates in some places like New York were premature. I have benefited immensely from the work of Youyang Gu, a data scientist at MIT, throughout the last few months, and I took the time this morning to read his exhaustive analysis of Louisiana’s “second wave.” Not only do we see that it was very different parishes/regions of the state impacted in March/April vs. June/July, we see that the mortality in the “second wave” was a fraction of the first.
  • From David Bahnsen

No second wave yet. Consensus opinion. This guy has an outside position.

We have no idea. Testing has been curtailed, so we don't know. Hospitalizations are down but states are not reporting. We do not have reliable stats.
You mean like the 135 deaths Florida reported today 70 of them actually died in July and were backlogged.

ADVERTISEMENT