ADVERTISEMENT

New US covid cases peaked July 17th,

1) A "locale" is "a place where something happens or is set, or that has particular events associated with it". Iowa most certainly qualifies.

2) The infection rate has been on the decline for well over a month.

3) Schools will have little impact on the infection rate. The young are not spreading the virus in any significant numbers. And even if they were, moving them from where they've been to where they are now does little or nothing to increase infections. It's possible their new locations could see spikes, but if so, they'll come at the expense of declines in their former locations.

4) If the pointy white cap fits..........
[/QUOTE
To address your points:
2. Iowa reported their highest number ever of Covid positive cases today.
3. Of those highest ever daily cases, way over half were in Johnson & Story County. Just a coincidence that U of I and ISU are in those counties? Seems those counties are having a huge impact on the infection rate in IA.

No second wave yet. Consensus opinion. This guy has an outside position.

Yu does not have "an outside opinion". Along with Gabriela Gomes, Michael Levitt and a couple others, he's been among the most accurate COVID forecasters. Levitt is a Nobel Laureate who actually contacted the authors of the faulty Imperial College study multiple times beginning the very day it was released, begging them to retract their faulty study because he knew it was bad sceince that could be used to exploit intellectually defenseless readers like you.

As I said previously, some locales could see spikes, but at the expense of lower rates elsewhere, have little or no impact on the downward trend in the overall rate. Those locales with previously low infection rates remain susecptible, and will continue to be susectible until their rate reaches the threshold it begins to die off (around 20%). Meanwhile, the overal US rate will continue in its downward trend because so many locales have reached that rate.

Yu does not have "an outside opinion". Along with Gabriela Gomes, Michael Levitt and a couple others, he's been among the most accurate COVID forecasters. Levitt is a Nobel Laureate who actually contacted the authors of the faulty Imperial College study multiple times beginning the very day it was released, begging them to retract their faulty study because he knew it was bad sceince that could be used to exploit intellectually defenseless readers like you.

You came up with 4.

I provide the opinion of Gauci, considered to be the foremost authority, the CDC, the world's leader in research (separate from the Orange Turd's thumb), and the army of epidemiologists interviewed over recent recent weeks and months.

Intellectually defenseless. At least I know how to spell science. And, BTW, Nobel Laureate means indicates intelligence, but having nothing to do with common sense.

Last edited:
Reactions: not_mantiteo
You came up with 4.

I provide the opinion of Gauci, considered to be the foremost authority, the CDC, the world's leader in research (separate from the Orange Turd's thumb), and the army of epidemiologists interviewed over recent recent weeks and months.

Intellectually defenseless. At least I know how to spell science. And, BTW, Nobel Laureate means indicates intelligence, but having nothing to do with common sense.

No, you can't provide "an army" of the most accurate forecasters because being among the most accurate is by definition a small group. And the ones you offered aren't in that small group. But the ones I offered are in that small group.

See how math works now, science denier?

Edit: By "Gauci" were you referring to Professor Charmaine Gauci of the University of Malta where another COVID spike is underway, or did you not win the spelling bee either?

Last edited:
You came up with 4.

Dr’s aren’t always the finest examples of common sense as well. See the picture of Dr. Fauci not wearing his mask at the baseball game. Do you know what they call the person who finishes last at medical school? Doctor.

Approaching 200,000 + dead people from Covid in the good ol' USA alone. This will be tRump's long lasting legacy. All his other mismanagement and train-wreck, swamp filled, felony-convicted, administration will be long forgotten once he exits the WH. But his lack of leadership and effective management to manage this crisis will be long remembered by history.

Reactions: not_mantiteo
Sabula and the aptly named Obliviously Obvious could not have better proven everything I just said if I paid them to serve as foils, which I did not do.

Boys, do you understand the mask doesn't protect anyone if you don't have Covid? You cannot spread virons because you do not possess virons. You are not protecting anyone, you're doing absolutely no practical good by wearing the mask.

As of the August 24 CDC release, it is no longer believed that C+s a symptomatic pose a risk of transmitting the virons. So, you might be C+ and you still aren't protecting anyone.

There are only 3000 C+ people in Iowa. The average person in almost every public place has somewhere less than a 1% chance of even being in the same building as a C+. Think that off all the random things that have to happen after just being in the same building then proximity w/in 6 feet of a C+ that have to happen to get COVID. You have to be there when the virons are expelled, and then close enough to get them, then get them into your respiratory system, then you have to be receptive to the virus (e.g not already immune or functionally immune) and then you have to have symptoms, increasingly looking like at least 50%, to even have the symptom of an elevated fever for 48 hours, because that's symptomatic, much less be actually ill.

The mask is an empty gesture, but its clear you feel very good about your socially conscious morality.

It looks like soul crushing conformity to me.

Last edited:
Reactions: mcgrawfsu
I do not see it as conformity, I could care less about conforming or what others think of me. If I don't have Covid and I wear a mask it does offer protection for someone... me. Why are you so afraid of a mask? Challenges your sense of verility or masculinity? (I really am asking that in a serious tone. ) Afraid the Orange Buffoon will see you and trash you? (That I am not really asking you in a serious tone, ) While the virus is still rampant all over the place, ANYTHING I can do to lessen the chance of catching COVID and dying I will do. Masking, hand washing and disinfection, staying away from people, Cause one mistake can literally kill me. Like the 180,000 other dead US citizens who had little chance of catching it but are still dead. Young and old. I'd rather err on the side of safety and not add to th dead people totals. Stay safe.

Your fear of Covid is grossly misplaced. You use words like "rampant" when it manifestly is not "rampant". To night's math. 6,001,664 total Covid diagnosis Total population 331,199,434 Percent total current and C+ = 1.81% after 8 months. Total Recovered, which means no more virus = 3,157,240 Total known C+ 2,844,424.= .856% of the population. That is not rampant. Moreover, as the predictions of disaster become progressively disproven, all the contextual data is positive. R/nR moving daily in the R direction. Hospitalization rate declining. Mortality rate declining. % of C+ a symptomatic increasing in every survey. Best of all, under baseline expectations for 18 consecutive weeks.

That is CDC data, the common data with which we all have to work. How you feel about Trump, your stance on BLM or the Hitler youth at the RNC does not affect that data. That is me using the data in simple formulas to show the totality of the Covid problem on 8/28/2020. Covid isn't rampant, its rare. It placement and impact is also heavily skewed by the demographics. Old and already ill are grossly over represented in that mere 2,844,424.

Testing almost a million a day, more than ever, now over 80 million. That's 23% of the country from which to analyze and extrapolate the data. Again, you can pour every vitriolic adjective man has ever laid next to a noun about Trump and that data will not change. All of those positive developments have happened and are confirmed by the data. Hence that deft little 8/24 CDC walk back on a symptomatic testing.

Unless you're in some vulnerable category, at which point do as the President and everyone else asks, and do what your doctor tells you to do, or work around C+ populations the chances of being exposed to C+ is literally less than .75%. Now me, I'm a gambler and I will always take a 99.25% chance of victory. If you fear 99.25% odds you really should not start sports gambling because that probability is seldom mentioned.

As for the deaths, blaming Trump is so cliche`. The only people that believe that are convicted lefties and they're already voting against GEOTUS. No point in even bringing it up, already baked in the cake.

Oh, one other thing. Challenging masculinity really doesn't work on anyone after 9th grade. Really. It doesn't.

I don't fear the mask, I think this of the mask. Video link

Last edited:
Reactions: Finance85
Iowa is not a "locale". And the Gazette distribution is much larger than Glen Ellyn Daily Herald.

While the infection rate may be on the decline recently (last 2 weeks), it will go up now that schools are trying to reopen. Not rocket science, and the next 2 weeks will bear this out.

Regarding my ability to comprehend, I had no problems getting a great education at Iowa and leveraging that to be successful enough to retire early. If you need to anonymously insult someone you do not know on the internet to be proud of yourself, that tells me all I need to know about you.
You got bitch slapped all over this thread

Comrades, I'm curious when you think the country should return to normal social and commercial interaction? What is your risk benefit analysis? I think most of the people left on this thread would find that fascinating.

Also, possibly just to show us you can, please discuss the aforesaid question without saying anything disparaging Trump, Republicans or supporters. Its a socioeconomic pair of questions and your methodology should be fact based and logically provable.

I'm guessing no but, as odd as it seems, I am sometimes mistaken and could be surprised.

English may not be your strong suit.

That could help explain why you sit facing the corner with no idea of the reference to your pointy white cap.

Seriously, what would you do with a brain if you had one?
Considering that insults are your only reply, I am assuming that you
You got bitch slapped all over this thread
Do you really think that I give a crap what you idiots say about me? You take yourselves far too seriously.

Get.a.life, loser

You leftie's certainly demonstrate a highly consistent level of brilliant insight.

Americans died from a foreign disease
Trump is President
Orange Man Bad

That's really deep thought.

Reactions: mcgrawfsu
You leftie's certainly demonstrate a highly consistent level of brilliant insight.

Americans died from a foreign disease
Trump is President
Orange Man Bad

That's really deep thought.

tRump didn't invent the virus... which amazes me that he is somehow in his continual ignorance not trying to take credit for it... he tries so hard to try to take credit for everything else. He just refused to believe in it and refused to take any forceful actions... an actual plan to address it. And spare me his hollow excuse that he shut down travel from China. That's the ONLY action he can conjure up to try to show how 'quickly and forcefully' he acted. Thousands came into the US from China during the first couple months of his "travel ban". And if THAT was his plan to save us, how dismal of a failure was that feeble action? Our infection numbers and deaths are light years ahead of everyone else. Those infections and 186,000 US dead people are the facts I care about and on which he should be judged. But hey... tRump likes winning! Face it, he has proven he cannot manage a crisis (see Puerto Rico hurricane) ... instead trying to tell us the crisis does not exist... it is what it is... it will go away. Pushing the responsibility off to the states so he could blame them if they failed and yet try to take credit if things went well. I just wish once that he would actually be empathetic to those in need vs his chronic need to feed his own ego. And hey, just tell the truth to us! I can handle bad news. His lying is world-wide legendary. He is the president. It's his watch. He has final responsibility even though he will not accept that great responsibility. He has failed miserably. And people have died because of his incompetence.

Reactions: billanole
Do you really think that I give a crap what you idiots say about me? You take yourselves far too seriously.

One can only hope you don't mind be the butt of others jokes. Otherwise, I fear for your well-being. I mean, to observe that you're not exactly real bright would be a pretty obvious understatement.

You think these kids haven’t been interacting- with friends and at day care - all summer?

Honestly? Yes- many (in my area I would say most?) kids have not interacted with other kids to the levels that they will be interacting in a normal school day.

I have four kids- they’re doing hybrid school now- they are certainly exposed to more kids now than they’ve been exposed to on a daily basis over the summer.

im also talking about college kids going back which will inevitably lead to higher magnitudes of mingling (not blaming them I would’ve behaved the same way)

I’m not saying I think schools should stay closed (most of them should not stay closed). I am saying we should expect numbers to increase this fall (they already are afterall)

Approaching 200,000 + dead people from Covid in the good ol' USA alone. This will be tRump's long lasting legacy. All his other mismanagement and train-wreck, swamp filled, felony-convicted, administration will be long forgotten once he exits the WH. But his lack of leadership and effective management to manage this crisis will be long remembered by history.

Both deaths and cases are clearly going down. I think a big chunk of the nation wanting schools to reopen / college football / things to get better began listening and wearing a mask, not going to crowded places, socially distancing etc. The problem is downslope is always slower and rates and deaths are still significantly higher than the low points we were hitting in June. But it is moving in right direction for sure. Wear a damn mask people.

It is foolish to try to argue that COVID isn’t killing people. Our excess deaths is about 200k. If you are going to argue against the measures we are taking, as I do, you can do so honestly. You make me look bad when you make poor arguments like this.
I’m sorry the CDC data makes your arguments (not sure what those even are) look bad.

USA
TOTAL CASES
CDC | Updated: Aug 25 2020 12:16PM
USA
TOTAL DEATHS
USA
Cases in Last 7 Days

You actually quoted a Twitter page from a right winged wacko's account? Nice source. Here is a copy of the CDC's front page for Covid from today. Yeah, their update must have been done 'very quietly' since they haven't told anyone about it. Have you checked with QAnon yet... they probably have some good 'updates' too.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT