ADVERTISEMENT

New Walk-on Punter for 2020

Nick went to Woodbury Central High, like the Paulsen twins.
Yep. Helluva track and field athlete. Sister too...

Phelps_2.jpg

There were some pretty good Phelps brothers from Kingsley back in the mid-80’s. Bob played football at Luther and was like 6’7”. He was in my brother’s wedding. His “little” brother was a Drake Relays champion shot and Discus thrower that went to Iowa State.

I don’t recall the brother’s name, but I think he has a daughter who was all-everything track runner a couple of years ago. I wonder if it is the same family?

edit: I am sure that is her above. More of a field athlete than track runner. I think there was another sister who was a runner.

Last edited:
There were some pretty good Phelps brothers from Kingsley back in the mid-80’s. Bob played football at Luther and was like 6’7”. His “little” brother was a Drake champion shot and Discus thrower that went to Iowa State.

I don’t recall the brother’s name, but I think he has a daughter who was all-everything track runner a couple of years ago. I wonder if it is the same family?
Yeah, that would be Scott Phelps, who is Nick's father. He was a thrower at Iowa State.

I’m sure he’s a great kid but am I the only guy that when his oldest two daughters just turned 16 and 13 start to think every guys picture looks a little ‘rapey’?

Just let Duncan air it out.

QUOTE="QChawks, post: 7309159, member: 13042"]We won’t be punting next year :D[/QUOTE]

Looks like he walked on at NDSU as well and didn't start for them ... I did find he took part in some kicking camp and this is the summary:

Phelps, Nick IA
Phelps recently attended the 2017 National Scholarship Camp. He showed above average leg strength in kickoffs by charting a few kicks 68+ yards. Increasing his command of his plant foot and ball contact should help improve his consistency. He was easily able to hit punts with 45+ yards, increasing his sit back should help increase his hang time and command of ball flight.
  • Committed: North Dakota State*

Looks like he will probably be a nonfactor.
Why
Looks like he walked on at NDSU as well and didn't start for them ... I did find he took part in some kicking camp and this is the summary:

Phelps, Nick IA
Phelps recently attended the 2017 National Scholarship Camp. He showed above average leg strength in kickoffs by charting a few kicks 68+ yards. Increasing his command of his plant foot and ball contact should help improve his consistency. He was easily able to hit punts with 45+ yards, increasing his sit back should help increase his hang time and command of ball flight.
  • Committed: North Dakota State*

Nick and Kiana lost their older sister to anorexia when she was a sophomore.

Kiana is also one of the greatest female track athletes ever in the state.

Might want to show a little respect and hold off on some of the comments/pics.

JMO

Nick and Kiana lost their older sister to anorexia when she was a sophomore.

Kiana is also one of the greatest female track athletes ever in the state.

Might want to show a little respect and hold off on some of the comments/pics.

JMO
Are you her dad?

;)

Seriously, she is also pretty attractive, too.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT