ADVERTISEMENT

New Year and Two New Resolutions

i don’t disagree with your op. It would be great if all could treat others with respect. However, when you have some that feel their opinions are superior to others, that is going to create personal attacks and is the very definition of being sanctimonious. Fact.

98% of the US population

i don’t disagree with your op. It would be great if all could treat others with respect. However, when you have some that feel their opinions are superior to others, that is going to create personal attacks and is the very definition of being sanctimonious. Fact.

My second paragraph does not misread your intention. I am questioning who, exactly, you feel you need to police here. You quoted my post and claim I am attacking someone but the very post I quoted was attacking a group of people. Why do you choose to quote and question me but not him? cmhawk is constantly attacking people on this board.
Let's break this down. Some opinions are superior to others, that's the nature of argument. People inherently assume their opinions are correct or they would have other opinions. I am talking about something entirely different. It's the manner, and to some extent the volume in which those opinions are expressed.

Nor do I think I need to "police" the conversations. I was suggesting that everyone be more mindful of how they express their opinions. This applies to everyone. But I obviously cannot make people speak or think differently. My previous comments were based on what you just said and did not address any posting history.

Since I understand your point a little better, I'm just urging everyone to be nicer and more polite. I would say about the Ferentz bitter enders that maybe the 1000th post attacking the Ferentzes might be a tiresome song for the audience. Every day does not need new threads about Brian Ferentz. That opinion has been repetitiously beaten to death.​

New Year's resolutions suck! Gotta deal with a bunch of fat-asses using my equipment at the fitness center for the next month or so before they give up on this new healthy lifestyle once again.

Honestly, until very recently I never paid any attention to anything he said. Nor am I concerned about him now…

Mostly in life people wanna say whatever they want to say without getting any blow back… When people do get blow back, they want to chastise the person, giving them blow back without any sort of accountability on their own. All it does is make me chuckle and dig in more!
Very smart of you.

ADVERTISEMENT