ADVERTISEMENT

New York attorney general seeks to dissolve NRA in suit

This will drive donations bigly. From the folks who shouldn't be allowed to vote.
That's the thing. The NRA stopped their donation machinery in May. The more I read up on this the less I think they will make any hay from this. If anything I think they will lose membership because of this.

The NRA will be fine. The officers that defrauded people not so much. They are probably going to jail.

The NRA in its current form should be disbanded. I don’t care if there is a gun lobby, but they had wildly aberrant financial practices and pretty troubling organizational issues.

If they want to transfer a membership list over to a new organization or reorganize under wholly new leadership, that would be fine.

She may have a good case, and the officers of the organization sure seem to have lined their pockets, but I wish she would have waited until November to announce this. This is the kind of issue that drives votes and I believe the pro-gun voters will be more motivated now than ever before. This is not helpful to Biden.

Dumb.

If this thing wins, within one minute the National Firearms Association would form a charter and have millions of members. All former NRA members.

Dumb.

If this thing wins, within one minute the National Firearms Association would form a charter and have millions of members. All former NRA members.

As long as they’re separate from the current management, great. I believe in the role nonprofits play in advocating for their members’ interests.

Reactions: THE_DEVIL
I agree though that we will see the NRA ads about Dems coming for our guns - it's a tradition as hallowed as apple pie.
A tradition unlike any other.
post-1353-0-26383500-1428521848.jpg

Correct me if I am wrong here, what I am gathering from the repub side is that this is dumb because when you find these guys were guilty some other guys will come along and do the same thing. So just leave them alone.

That sounds an awful lot like being in favor of lawlessness.

"Let them go; we're just gonna get conned again, anyway"

The NRA in its current form should be disbanded. I don’t care if there is a gun lobby, but they had wildly aberrant financial practices and pretty troubling organizational issues.

If they want to transfer a membership list over to a new organization or reorganize under wholly new leadership, that would be fine.
The NRA is a giant PAC, and long ago stopped being a sportsman and gun safety organization.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT