ADVERTISEMENT

New York City is expected to require proof of vaccination for indoor dining and fitness.

They should have made the vaccination cards more difficult to falsify
60cc8afe6a1e0.image.png

2020-12-18T174601Z_97833794_RC2TPK9NP1ZC_RTRMADP_3_HEALTH-CORONAVIRUS-PELOSI-e1609254236648.jpg

(And I am just now learning that Pelosi is 81)

I applaud the state of New York for supporting the personal freedoms of its populace.

Starts in September.

I mean I carry a copy in my wallet so it won't be a problem. I just hope the gym doesn't make me show it every damn time.

Also who the hell decided to make the vaccine card just slightly larger than wallet size? That person should be shot.

If they really want to do it. They'll require it for the Subway, but I have no idea how you have enough people to check that.

Reactions: CaboKP
I like this idea. I'd like to see Kinnick allow vaccinated people in by simply showing your card. Anyone without a card should have to be tested and be negative before being admitted.

Honestly, with everyone arguing about freedoms… I think this is the best option to ensure freedom for everyone involved.

eople who have been vaccinated have the freedom to actually go out and do things and not have it ruined by people who refused to get the jab.

People who do not want to get vaccinated have the freedom to make that choice and they’re not forced to do so.

It seems like a win-win to me.

Honestly, with everyone arguing about freedoms… I think this is the best option to ensure freedom for everyone involved.

eople who have been vaccinated have the freedom to actually go out and do things and not have it ruined by people who refused to get the jab.

People who do not want to get vaccinated have the freedom to make that choice and they’re not forced to do so.

It seems like a win-win to me.

But they will also say you should just stay home if you are scared of the .0073 percent chance of getting sick

Oh please...explain in all of your brilliance..."how schools work"
Frank Easterbrook is much smarter than me. I'll let him do it for me:

"Each university may decide what is necessary to keep other students safe in a congregate setting. Health exams and vaccinations against other diseases (measles, mumps, rubella, diphtheria, tetanus, pertussis, varicella, meningitis, influenza, and more) are common requirements of higher education. Vaccination protects not only the vaccinated persons but also those who come in contact with them, and at a university close contact is inevitable."

Papers are such a hassle these days, they should all be digital or just be required to wear a badge on your clothes for identification purposes.

Reactions: ericram
Frank Easterbrook is much smarter than me. I'll let him do it for me:

"Each university may decide what is necessary to keep other students safe in a congregate setting. Health exams and vaccinations against other diseases (measles, mumps, rubella, diphtheria, tetanus, pertussis, varicella, meningitis, influenza, and more) are common requirements of higher education. Vaccination protects not only the vaccinated persons but also those who come in contact with them, and at a university close contact is inevitable."

Are any of those non FDA approved and rushed out in the fastest time frame in history?

Semi-related, our company just mandated you show proof of vaccination or you have to wear a mask everywhere inside. I also like this - helps me identify the dummies around me.
My company started doing this about a month ago and I thought it was a good idea. Unfortunately (or fortunately in my case), I work from home so I don't get to play this game.

It sounds like they're following the method used by france which will have a vaccination pass system:

As part of the new program, New York City will create a health pass called the “Key to NYC Pass” to provide proof of vaccination required for workers and customers at indoor dining, gyms, entertainment and performances.

In France, people will soon have to show a health pass — providing proof of vaccination or a recent negative test — to visit indoor bars, restaurants and gyms. It has already been implemented at amusement parks, theaters and venues hosting more than 50 people. In New York City, proof of vaccination will be required and there will be no testing option.
Click to shrink...

Israel did something similar with something called "The Green Pass," which to get into specific venues you had to show it and it was an app on your phone, watch, or a printable verifiable card if need be.

Starts in September.

I mean I carry a copy in my wallet so it won't be a problem. I just hope the gym doesn't make me show it every damn time.

Also who the hell decided to make the vaccine card just slightly larger than wallet size? That person should be shot.
The gym could keep it on file. Show proof once.

Reactions: HawkMD and GES4
The gym could keep it on file. Show proof once.
Well that makes senes. But, we're talking about the gym here. Not the brightest bulbs in the bunch. I'm fully ready to have to scan and show everytime I go in.

Good call.

I keep a pic of my vaccine card on my smartphone at all times.

Semi-related, our company just mandated you show proof of vaccination or you have to wear a mask everywhere inside. I also like this - helps me identify the dummies around me.
What if they’re vaccinated but wearing a mask?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT