ADVERTISEMENT

New York City is expected to require proof of vaccination for indoor dining and fitness.

Good call.

I keep a pic of my vaccine card on my smartphone at all times.

Semi-related, our company just mandated you show proof of vaccination or you have to wear a mask everywhere inside. I also like this - helps me identify the dummies around me.
I think masks for even the vaccinated is coming my way soon. I'm not pleased at all.

Should voting rights be suspended if one is not vaccinated?
yes but only for the unvaccinated Republicans.

Are any of those non FDA approved and rushed out in the fastest time frame in history?

Not anymore. But I’m assuming some of them used to be the fastest created.

And COVID is approved by the FDA for emergency use.

The weird thing at my office is that a large percentage of the people I've seen wearing masks (ergo, they are unvaxxed) seem to be the grossly overweight and smokers.

It's like a slow motion suicide death wish?
I think an ugly truth we are seeing with this is there is a segment on people who would rather ignore thier health issues/concerns than acknowledge them.

"Hey doc, I'm here for the shot"

"Outstnading, you know what else you could do that is proven to make you live longer? Drop 30 pounds and give up the darts."

"**** you doc you dont know me"

Reactions: tumorboy and torbee
Derpity derpity derp
Good thing our Founding Fathers weren't as stupid as you - we'd still be British subjects probably!

Washington issued the order to have all troops inoculated on Feb. 5, 1777, in a letter to John Hancock, who was president of the Second Continental Congress. In another letter, Washington ordered all recruits arriving in Philadelphia be inoculated.

“Finding the smallpox to be spreading much and fearing that no precaution can prevent it from running through the whole of our army, I have determined that troops shall be inoculated,” he wrote. “This expedient may be attended with some inconveniences and some disadvantages, but yet I trust in its consequences will have the most happy effects. Necessity not only authorizes but seems to require the measure, for should the disorder infect the army in the natural way and rage with its virulence we should have more to dread from it than from the sword of the enemy.”

I think an ugly truth we are seeing with this is there is a segment on people who would rather ignore thier health issues/concerns than acknowledge them.

"Hey doc, I'm here for the shot"

"Outstnading, you know what else you could do that is proven to make you live longer? Drop 30 pounds and give up the darts."

"**** you doc you dont know me"
I mean, I need to lose 25-30 pounds. The people I'm talking about need to lose 75-plus.

If they get the rona - they gonna be no more-a.

I mean, I need to lose 25-30 pounds. The people I'm talking about need to lose 75-plus.

If they get the rona - they gonna be no more-a.
Last one and then I gotta go.

I am NOT a fan of any government mandate. I think New York has a long way to go before it should ever be used as the example.

However, I have wondered how much better/worse we would be as a nation if instead of requiring mask, distancing, etc we would have mandated 30 minutes of physical activity a day 18 months ago. Interesting when you think of it. It's likely a larger portion would have died but the survivors would be much better suited for handling variants and the long term may have been a net gain on our overall health. It's pretty easy to see the fittest societies are handling this the best.

Reactions: hexumhawk
Last one and then I gotta go.

I am NOT a fan of any government mandate. I think New York has a long way to go before it should ever be used as the example.

However, I have wondered how much better/worse we would be as a nation if instead of requiring mask, distancing, etc we would have mandated 30 minutes of physical activity a day 18 months ago. Interesting when you think of it. It's likely a larger portion would have died but the survivors would be much better suited for handling variants and the long term may have been a net gain on our overall health. It's pretty easy to see the fittest societies are handling this the best.
People rather die than exercise or give up cheetos. Not hyperbole.

Good thing our Founding Fathers weren't as stupid as you - we'd still be British subjects probably!

Washington issued the order to have all troops inoculated on Feb. 5, 1777, in a letter to John Hancock, who was president of the Second Continental Congress. In another letter, Washington ordered all recruits arriving in Philadelphia be inoculated.

“Finding the smallpox to be spreading much and fearing that no precaution can prevent it from running through the whole of our army, I have determined that troops shall be inoculated,” he wrote. “This expedient may be attended with some inconveniences and some disadvantages, but yet I trust in its consequences will have the most happy effects. Necessity not only authorizes but seems to require the measure, for should the disorder infect the army in the natural way and rage with its virulence we should have more to dread from it than from the sword of the enemy.”

Who cares. Militias. Muskets. Am I doing this right?

No one wants to highlight that it is going to get very heated when black folks in NYC are denied entry to restaurants and stores. With the vaccination rate at around 31% for AA, that means 69% of them will be turned away.

That will be fun.

Why would anyone need to show proof? The microchip in the vaccine should be proof enough, just pass a wand over me and listen for the beep.
A microchip would have made this whole process easier.

Need the chip to get into sporting events, buy alcohol and smokes. Problem solved.

Reactions: Hawksfinal4
Great news. I hope localities and private businesses continue these sorts of measures. If people want to be part of society, they should take the most basic of measures to do it safely, if they'd prefer not to be, so be it.

Maybe this will help people learn what are legal rights, and what are protected classes.

No one wants to highlight that it is going to get very heated when black folks in NYC are denied entry to restaurants and stores. With the vaccination rate at around 31% for AA, that means 69% of them will be turned away.

That will be fun.
69 is always fun

ADVERTISEMENT