ADVERTISEMENT

New York City is expected to require proof of vaccination for indoor dining and fitness.

No one wants to highlight that it is going to get very heated when black folks in NYC are denied entry to restaurants and stores. With the vaccination rate at around 31% for AA, that means 69% of them will be turned away.

That will be fun.
Good point. If I am a restaurant owner, I think I’d rather have the pro-vaxx crowd angry at me than the ACLU/BLM crowd. Gotta pick your poison carefully these days.

No one wants to highlight that it is going to get very heated when black folks in NYC are denied entry to restaurants and stores. With the vaccination rate at around 31% for AA, that means 69% of them will be turned away.

That will be fun.
Although I suspect the statistic you didn't actually cite or link is bullshit, if the measure gets ANYONE off the sideline and into a vaccination site, it should be fully embraced and celebrated.

• Haha
Reactions: ICHerky
This is lol and roflmao worthy? Where do fart noises rank on the hilarity scale for you?
It’s reality. If you don’t want to get vaccine all you need is a computer and a printer. Complete waste of time. Hell, bums on the street will be selling blank cards for a dollar.

more social grandstanding.

likely many places struggling to stay open will not even check. The police don’t even like stopping criminals since Floyd. I doubt they start going table to table asking to see vaccine card.

It’s reality. If you don’t want to get vaccine all you need is a computer and a printer. Complete waste of time. Hell, bums on the street will be selling blank cards for a dollar.

likely many places struggling to stay open will not even check. The police don’t even like stopping criminals since Floyd. I doubt they start going table to table asking to see vaccine card.
Macron made similar threats and promises and France is on a huge vaccination upswing. Threats of loss of privilege are the single biggest remaining motivator for the mouth breathers among us that can't get to a pharmacy.

Macron made similar threats and promises and France is on a huge vaccination upswing. Threats of loss of privilege are the single biggest remaining motivator for the mouth breathers among us that can't get to a pharmacy.
This isn’t France.

are the African Americans mouth breathers also?

Thanks for providing your version of reality. I was more curious about your sense of humor. Just for context, I generally see "lol" and "roflmao" used to indicate something the writer found funny. Is this a good example of what you find funny?

Not against the idea in theory, but I might start doing my due diligence in researching Epson, HP, Canon, Xerox, International Paper, and Georgia-Pacific stocks.

Good call.

I keep a pic of my vaccine card on my smartphone at all times.

Semi-related, our company just mandated you show proof of vaccination or you have to wear a mask everywhere inside. I also like this - helps me identify the dummies around me.
Will a photo suffice? I keep mine in my wallet and just looked at it and it's getting kinda faded and beat. I will be sorely pissed if someone says it's not valid. Would love to just show a photo of it, but could see that becoming an issue as well.

Although I suspect the statistic you didn't actually cite or link is bullshit, if the measure gets ANYONE off the sideline and into a vaccination site, it should be fully embraced and celebrated.
I’ve seen the black vaccination rates posted in several threads. It’s for sure in the low 30s

Reactions: kzoohawk80
Will a photo suffice? I keep mine in my wallet and just looked at it and it's getting kinda faded and beat. I will be sorely pissed if someone says it's not valid. Would love to just show a photo of it, but could see that becoming an issue as well.
I don't know. I mean, they are ridiculously easy docs to forge anyway, so I guess I figure a pic of mine with my name on it should suffice.

Reactions: kkhawk
Just make your own vaccination card, take a photo of it and keep it on your phone,... they're all different so who's to say what they're supposed look like..

Reactions: dandh
I don’t know about a straight vaccine requirement - I think I would prefer proof of vaccine or recent negative test. If you don’t want to get vaccinated and would rather get a swab jammed up your nostril every time you want to go to a restaurant or sporting event, that’s your choice.

That will be fun.

So like every resteraunt and cab has done for the last 100 years?

• Haha
Reactions: ICHerky and torbee
I don't know. I mean, they are ridiculously easy docs to forge anyway, so I guess I figure a pic of mine with my name on it should suffice.

In NY state there is an app with the official record.

They are supposed to be creating a city pass system that can log your card so you don't have to carry it everywhere.

But, right now I can't use the state one cause I got my shot in antoher state. I hope the city one lets me log it, or that the copy will be OK, cause I really don't want to have to carry the thing that doesn't fit in my wallet everywhere. If it was the size of the credit card that would be much more helpful.

Last edited:
Reactions: torbee
In NY state vthere is an app with the official record.

They are supposed to be creating a city pass system that can log your card so you don't have to carry it everywhere.

But, right now I can't use the state one cause I got my shot in antoher state. I hope the city one lets me log it, or that the copy will be OK, cause I really don't want to have to carry the thing that doesn't fit in my wallet everywhere. If it was the size of the credit card that would be much more helpful.

An app connected to a database would be much more secure and verifiable

Getting mocked on here is like getting mocked as the teacher of a special ed class. I will try to not interrupt your cult meetings here less often or just feel free to put me on ignore if you hate having to defend absurd positions so much.
Special Ed classes have a better handle on the English language.

Reactions: GES4
McDonald’s is going back to mandatory masking, regardless of vax status, because they obviously care about the health of the American people.

In other news, McDonald’s will continue to serve food, because they obviously don’t care about the health of the American people.

Reactions: naturalbornhawk
McDonald’s is going back to mandatory masking, regardless of vax status, because they obviously care about the health of the American people.

In other news, McDonald’s will continue to serve food, because they obviously don’t care about the health of the American people.
Never change.

Reactions: mattymoknows
Just make your own vaccination card, take a photo of it and keep it on your phone,... they're all different so who's to say what they're supposed look like..
I go to Mayo for my health care. They did not give out cards for the vaccination. I called recently to ask whether they can send me one, and they said sure, but it would be blank and I would have to fill it out myself. Their reasoning for not issuing these is that it is not a legal document and can be readily forged or easily purchased on the internet.

The good news is that I have a Mayo app on my phone that lists my vaccination records. The only reason I asked is that my wife keeps hounding me about getting a paper certificate "just in case" I can't open the app when I need it.

Reactions: Rifler
Only 31
Only 31% of blacks in NYC have the vaccine. This is going to punish them the most. Will they be allowed to claim unemployment because they refuse to get vaccinated and now aren’t allowed to work? Should they?

George Gammon does a pretty good job of explaining this nonsense.

I listened to the first two minutes. This guy makes a lot of observations about how Puerto Rico is being run like a police state. Compares it similarly to East Berlin. My friend is in Puerto Rico and having a blast. She doesn't appear to be getting shot by guards while she climbs the wire.

Last edited:
Only 31

Only 31% of blacks in NYC have the vaccine. This is going to punish them the most. Will they be allowed to claim unemployment because they refuse to get vaccinated and now aren’t allowed to work? Should they?
For those who asked for the data, the article has the data in it. 31%.
Has there been a lawsuit yet of civil rights vs vaccine requirement?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT