ADVERTISEMENT

New York Governor says taxpayers will be responsible for $850 million for the new Buffalo Bills stadium.

Morrison71

HR Legend
Nov 10, 2006
ALBANY — A new $1. 4 billion stadium for the Buffalo Bills will receive a record public subsidy of $850 million between state and county funding, Gov. Kathy Hochul announced Monday.

The agreement, if approved in the state budget and by the NFL, would include $600 million from the state and $250 million from Erie County in an effort to keep the Bills in Buffalo for decades to come.
Click to shrink...
The combined $850 million would set a record for the most public money ever spent on an NFL stadium, topping the $750 million recently spent in Las Vegas.

"I went into these negotiations trying to answer three questions — how long can we keep the Bills in Buffalo, how can we make sure this project benefits the hard-working men and women of Western New York and how can we get the best deal for taxpayers?" Hochul said in a statement.

"I'm pleased that after months of negotiations, we've come out with the best answers possible — the Bills will stay in Buffalo for another 30 years, the project will create 10,000 union jobs and New Yorkers can rest assured that their investment will be recouped by the economic activity the team generates."
Click to shrink...

Seems pretty crazy for tax payers to foot the bill for this. But, that’s the cost of doing business I guess. Buffalo would pretty much be a wasteland of nothingness without the bills.

Seems pretty crazy for tax payers to foot the bill for this. But, that’s the cost of doing business I guess. Buffalo would pretty much be a wasteland of nothingness without the bills.

I bet you’ve never been there.

Well of course they will. Isn't the owner a billionaire? Can't expect them to invest any of their own money.
This is a government problem, not an owner issue. Local politicians give out handouts all the time and screw over other businesses/residents.

I’m guessing they’re happy to do this. They should ask for a MASH unit in the stadium for “Jumping off of van” injuries though.

The alternative is the Toronto Bills, I wouldn't want to be the politician that lets that happen.....

QuarterlyBrilliantBrontosaurus-max-1mb.gif

giphy.gif

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT