ADVERTISEMENT

New York Times endorsement

They basically endorsed Warren. They know Klobouchar can't and won't win. The endorsement of her is an attempt to pull votes away from Biden in more middle of the road and right states.

New York Times: "Now is time to elect a woman, it doesn't matter which one"

I am finr with a female POTUS; it absolutely matters which one.

Gutless “endorsement”. The NYT editorial board has gone downhill, and this is yet more proof.

I made it about half way through that editorial and it was a rough read. Hard pass on their garbage.

The 2016 Presidential campaign proved
that just being a woman does not win the
election. Hillary thought people should
vote for her because she would be the 1st
woman President. The New York Times is
making the same mistake by endorsing
Elizabeth Warren.

-The planet is on fire
-Millions of American jobs are being replaced with machines
-Healthcare is broken and life expectancy is declining.

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive...har-elizabeth-warren-nytimes-endorsement.html
I didn't read it, but do they actual say they picked these two because they are women, and that we need to elect a woman, or did they just happen to pick two women?

Elizabeth Warren.

To be fair, more people voted for Hills than for Trump, so she was right that people would vote for her.

-The planet is on fire

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive...har-elizabeth-warren-nytimes-endorsement.html
I couldn't find that quote, ""Now is time to elect a woman, it doesn't matter which one," in the article.

So maybe this sexism talk is a big fat serving of bullshit.

Reactions: gusto79
I couldn't find that quote, ""Now is time to elect a woman, it doesn't matter which one," in the article.

So maybe this sexism talk is a big fat serving of bullshit.
I just read the thing and they never once said that being a woman was part of the decision.

@BeepBeepInMyJeep, if they would have endorsed Sanders and Mayor Pete, would you have claimed they said "now is the time to elect a man, it doesn't matter which one"?

I just read the thing and they never once said that being a woman was part of the decision.

@BeepBeepInMyJeep, if they would have endorsed Sanders and Mayor Pete, would you have claimed they said "now is the time to elect a man, it doesn't matter which one"?
I know. I read it twice, ran searches and looked for cached versions and everything. OP led with a fabrication to steer the conversation disingenuously. And look at how easily it worked. America.

Reactions: Moral and unIowa
I know. I read it twice, ran searches and looked for cached versions and everything. OP led with a fabrication to steer the conversation disingenuously. And look at how easily it worked. America.

This.

Although, they pick two women to endorse, and the two they picked couldn’t be further from each other on their platforms, unless one was a republican

But they didn't, and they don't have to explicitly state that they were co-nominated because they were women.

The reason you can imply that it was based on gender is because it specifically dodges answering any of the most difficult questions the primary poses as far as the direction of the Democratic Party. I, like at least half of all other caucus-goers am voting the most on being terrified about picking the wrong person to oppose Trump. Y'all Trumpers can stomp on me all you want for saying that, but don't even try to tell me you didn't land on Mitt Romney in 2012 using that same logic.

By picking both the centrist and far-left woman, they've managed to split the difference and craft their way into writing a fluffy "Vote blue no matter who" piece.

I read the article...I searched for cached phrases...,in effect the article quoted an old Temptations song from the late 60’s / early 70’s....” vote for me and I’ll set you free”....(Ball of Confusion).

-The planet is on fire

we must elect Elizabeth Warren because : the earth is burning, machines are taking over and we aren't living as long as we used to

Sounds legit

what hysterical trash

83297587_2861214307255109_4171784627473612800_n.jpg

I'd consider voting for you. What is you position on 69 and pineapple on pizza? M1 or 2?

yes
yes
I've read that M1ers do something profane to collies so I'm not sure how to answer without revealing too much about my preferences. Plus every time I think I understand the difference along comes a post that confuses me.

May I be your VP? Just like the song says, “I love to work at nothing all day.”

I think we'd make a great team accomplishing nothing but looking really busy doing it.

Reactions: Nipigu
yes
yes
I've read that M1ers do something profane to collies so I'm not sure how to answer without revealing too much about my preferences. Plus every time I think I understand the difference along comes a post that confuses me.

I think we'd make a great team accomplishing nothing but looking really busy doing it.

2 out of 3. M1 is clearly the superior method and method 2ers are the ones who fornicate with collies.

I'd vote for you over Trump, but that's not saying a lot.

Reactions: hawkbirch
Elizabeth Warren.
I’m screwed. I always wait for the NYT to tell me how to vote. :mad:

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT