ADVERTISEMENT

Newer Ankeny restaurants

Tenacious E

HR Legend
Dec 4, 2001
For those of us in the area and have had them, thoughts? Here are mine:
  • Nonna's pizza. It was very good, and I will be ordering from there in the future.
  • Filet Steakhouse. I REALLY wanted to like this place. The bread was fresh and good, and the salads were okay. The ribeye I ordered was pathetic. It was cooked to a medium rare as requested, but it was about 1/2 inch thick with poor marbling. The wife's crab cakes were good however.
  • 30 Hop. Really liked the food there - great bar food. Will be back.
Those are the new ones of note. On the north side Tavern 180 is still the best food. We also really like the trailside tap, and I have a soft spot for Yanni's. Curious what the thoughts of others are... Also curious if anyone has heard what is going in up by Costco, as there have to be a bunch of places lining up to open there.

Best new(er) restaurant currently is Silk Elephant in Prairie Trail IMO. Next favorite is probably Tavern 180, but haven't went there in a while. 30 Hop in Coralville was good, haven't been to ours yet. Us northsiders are getting Popeyes by the north Fareway, so the new places by Costco will hardly be worth a trip.

Best pizza is still Casey's, followed by Rosati's.

Best new(er) restaurant currently is Silk Elephant in Prairie Trail IMO. Next favorite is probably Tavern 180, but haven't went there in a while. 30 Hop in Coralville was good, haven't been to ours yet. Us northsiders are getting Popeyes by the north Fareway, so the new places by Costco will hardly be worth a trip.

Rosati's has been slipping in my opinion. Fully convinced there is shrinkflation going on. An 18" pepperoni is like $30, and the box seems a lot lighter than it used to be. For pizza, I like the new Nonna's, as well as Yanni's NY style pizza.

Last edited:

Also, I was not aware of the popeye's going in. This listing is eye opening, with a daily traffic count driving that past that location in north ankeny being at 24K. For that location, I was also actually surprised that the 1-mile radius average household income is only $103K. I would have guessed it was in the mid 100s.

Also, I was not aware of the popeye's going in. This listing is eye opening, with a daily traffic count driving that past that location in north ankeny being at 24K. For that location, I was also actually surprised that the 1-mile radius average household income is only $103K. I would have guessed it was in the mid 100s.

I don't buy that income level. We're one of the poors in our neighborhood and well above that. Only thing I can think of is if they do a rough estimate on the apartment complexes to the north and west of there that are bringing it down.

I'll have to get Rosati's tomorrow to confirm. If you're wrong you're going to meet my fists SP style.

Reactions: Tenacious E
I don't buy that income level. We're one of the poors in our neighborhood and well above that. Only thing I can think of is if they do a rough estimate on the apartment complexes to the north and west of there that are bringing it down.

I'll have to get Rosati's tomorrow to confirm. If you're wrong you're going to meet my fists SP style.
I will be waiting with bells on at the fight pizza parlor.

Reactions: NorthDSMHawk
I will be waiting with bells on at the fight pizza parlor.
giphy.gif

• Haha
Reactions: Tenacious E
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT