ADVERTISEMENT

Newest Hawkeye is en route

Congrats Vak, I've always enjoyed the banter you bring here and themat. Cheers my friend!

btw, to echo some of the other sentiments expressed here, raising children is the greatest thing in the world.

Our youngest started college this year, and we moved to our "retirement home" a year ago; so we've really ended that particular era in our lives. I've been in a bit of a funk about it, not because our lives now feel as if they're going to be empty -- we stay very active and are having a great time -- but because I know we can NEVER top the last twenty years. Those two decades were so rich and fulfilling, filled with so much love and so much happiness, I know for certain our best years are now past. Which makes me sad. The redeeming thing is that I am a better and happier person for having had those twenty years, and I have amazing memories that will no doubt help carry me through the future.

Savor every moment.

congrats.... i am sure you will be forever in his corner !!! that's one of the BEST PARTS of being a parent...stay in the corner...support from a distance and be there for him...Don't distract or be a distraction...enjoy his accomplishments and life will be even better for it !!!

Reactions: TarpHawk
btw, to echo some of the other sentiments expressed here, raising children is the greatest thing in the world.

Our youngest started college this year, and we moved to our "retirement home" a year ago; so we've really ended that particular era in our lives. I've been in a bit of a funk about it, not because our lives now feel as if they're going to be empty -- we stay very active and are having a great time -- but because I know we can NEVER top the last twenty years. Those two decades were so rich and fulfilling, filled with so much love and so much happiness, I know for certain our best years are now past. Which makes me sad. The redeeming thing is that I am a better and happier person for having had those twenty years, and I have amazing memories that will no doubt help carry me through the future.

Savor every moment.

Yep. I'm going to be so bored without my kids.

Reactions: artradley
Congrats and enjoy! My dad once told me you never realize how much your parents loved you until you have kids of your own. This is so true.

Reactions: HawkeyeEmpire
How soon until the little guy or gal is able to do play by play? Also, there are a lot of great "name" books out there, remember, it's never too early to start picking out HR screen names. If you wait to long, all the good ones will be taken and he/she might end up with an underscore in their handle :(

You picked out walk out / entrance music yet?

Congrats man, wish I could go back and do it again, very excited for you!

Guess he can't make 184 by March............sheeeeeshhhh!

images

Reactions: Mendoza77
If he's going to go that far then he should pack up and move to Pennsylvania for better competition..
Well if your gonna go that far, you might as well be like Pat McCaffrey's(centerville several years ago) dad and send him to Russia to train in the summer, and have him live in the backyard with a hose and tuna cans when he is home. Thats what a good parent would do.

My daughter Wylie India Novak was born at 5:30 yesterday evening. 6 lbs, 12 oz., and 19 inches. Everybody is healthy and happy. I posted it on themat, but I can't figure out how to attach images directly here.

Congratulations!

WIN....................Now those are some great wrestling name initials!!!!!!

Congrats Vak! Fatherhood is a wonderful blessing, and a lot of work, but something you wouldn't trade for anything.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT