ADVERTISEMENT

News and notes from players today

TomKakert

Publisher, HawkeyeReport.com
Sep 16, 2001
Just wrapped up our session with the Iowa players today.

Talked to Mabin and he did confirm is was a hamstring issue that had been bothering him. He said it feels fine now. Asked Ott about his elbow and he said it's getting better every day. Wouldn't provide a percentage on how good it feels, but says it's better.

Kind of dove a little deep with some of the guys about the changes in the program and if they had noticed any changes with Kirk Ferentz or New Kirk as we have called him. Just about every guy said he's the same guy he has always been in terms of his personality. Blythe did say that maybe he's around the complex more and seeking out guys more.

It seems like a big part of the change fans have seen is really about the seniors and the leaders on this team. Also I think it's fair to say that being in the new complex has made this team much closer. They are spending more time together as a team. Not that I think it was a divided team last year, but they feel like guys are just hanging out more in the complex. I think that's one of the benefits of the new facility for sure.

Ferentz speaks at 1:15 today and we will have a full rundown later this afternoon.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.