ADVERTISEMENT

Newsom announces efforts to sweep homeless encampments near state roads: ‘I’m fed up’

RicoSuave102954

HR All-American
Jul 17, 2023
Montezuma, Iowa
Boohoo poor Gavin is fed up, well your chickens have come home to roost Gavin.

Live with it!!!

"We've got to move, people are counting on us," Newsom said in a news briefing on Monday. "The public has had it, they're fed up, I'm fed up, we're all fed up."

To date, the Golden State has removed 5,679 encampments in the state right-of-way, and the latest grant funds add on to the $414 million awarded from the state’s Encampment Resolution Fund, which was established in 2021 and serves 66 counties. Cities and counties will be able to apply for and receive the latest round of funds until June 2024 or until the funds are exhausted.

Multiple counties across California have declared a state of emergency on homelessness, such as Alameda County in the East Bay. At the end of last year, Democratic Mayor Karen Bass used her first day in office to issue a state of emergency for Los Angeles's homelessness crisis.

As of 2022, 30% of the nation's homeless population resided in California, according to the Public Policy Institute of California. Since Newsom took office in 2019, California has spent over $20 billion toward housing and homelessness, mainly through the general fund, according to the Legislative Analyst’s Office.

“Since day one, combatting homelessness has been a top priority. Encampments are not safe for the people living in them, or for community members around them," Newsom said in a press release.

Boohoo poor Gavin is fed up, well your chickens have come home to roost Gavin.

Live with it!!!

"We've got to move, people are counting on us," Newsom said in a news briefing on Monday. "The public has had it, they're fed up, I'm fed up, we're all fed up."

To date, the Golden State has removed 5,679 encampments in the state right-of-way, and the latest grant funds add on to the $414 million awarded from the state’s Encampment Resolution Fund, which was established in 2021 and serves 66 counties. Cities and counties will be able to apply for and receive the latest round of funds until June 2024 or until the funds are exhausted.

Multiple counties across California have declared a state of emergency on homelessness, such as Alameda County in the East Bay. At the end of last year, Democratic Mayor Karen Bass used her first day in office to issue a state of emergency for Los Angeles's homelessness crisis.

As of 2022, 30% of the nation's homeless population resided in California, according to the Public Policy Institute of California. Since Newsom took office in 2019, California has spent over $20 billion toward housing and homelessness, mainly through the general fund, according to the Legislative Analyst’s Office.

“Since day one, combatting homelessness has been a top priority. Encampments are not safe for the people living in them, or for community members around them," Newsom said in a press release.

out of curiosity, where precisely are they sweeping them to?

Reactions: goldmom
He wants to be able to use this in that silly pointless “debate” with DeSantis.

out of curiosity, where precisely are they sweeping them to?

This isn't just a California problem, it's everywhere.

We need a national homeless rehabilitation program. Offer housing, drug rehab, mental health services, job training, etc. Put it in BFE western Nebraska or somewhere remote that nobody cares about. Hell, corporations can even set up factories there for cheap labor. Give people 12-24 months to get their lives together. If they can't, ship them off to Central America or something.

I'm sure it would be unconstitutional (especially the last part), but I don't see another viable solution.

We need a national homeless rehabilitation program. Offer housing, drug rehab, mental health services, job training, etc. Put it in BFE western Nebraska or somewhere remote that nobody cares about. Hell, corporations can even set up factories there for cheap labor. Give people 12-24 months to get their lives together. If they can't, ship them off to Central America or something.

I'm sure it would be unconstitutional (especially the last part), but I don't see another viable solution.
hey, i'd be perfectly happy with a new deal like the old new deal, where you work on public works that benefit future generations, except that as you note, nobody would actually sign up for it and it would otherwise be denounced as slavery. At least while all of the existing welfare and charitable programs are out there to support the status quo. And of course we don't actually build any public works any more either.

But the CA version of the problem is rather an order of magnitude or so worse than other places, and viewing it in the context of 'cleaning up state roads' is a rather ... interesting .. prism to consider it through.

Homelessness didn’t use to be an issue. Your solution is admittedly extreme but it sounds like a degree of frustration felt by many.
I drive a friend to a dental office not too far from a large shelter facility here in our downtown and just driving (slowly) by it exposes one to a whole different world. The homeless who gather in the areas surrounding it are not young strung out types (as in some areas) but many older persons, often in wheelchairs or in apparent mental disability.
They gather near the facility because it’s also near the Police HQ and they feel safer.
These folks need serious help.
The types like those shown on TV news gather elsewhere and tend to be more problematic due to their tendency to be drugged and unpredictable.
Florida gets an increase in homelessness during the winter months - the Ratso Rizzos come to stay warm.

Instead of being "fed up", maybe Newsome should have being doing something all along, instead of waiting until everyone is "fed up".
Dudes not fed up with shit. He shaved his pussy in anticipation for his boss, Xi, to come to town and normal California's, who he regularly ****s, were like hey, how bout keeping this botch trimmed for us and now he has to atleast fake giving a shit about them for awhile.

Give it 6 months and California will be back to full, nappy, stinky, Bush.

Dudes not fed up with shit. He shaved his pussy in anticipation for his boss, Xi, to come to town and normal California's, who he regularly ****s, were like hey, how bout keeping this botch trimmed for us and now he has to atleast fake giving a shit about them for awhile.

well i suppose that's one way to put it.

Chef's kiss on the analogy. Many struggle with the form.

Chef's kiss on the analogy. Many struggle with the form.
hat-tip-cowboy-bowling-big-lebowski-1jqo833z4atvw6d0.gif

This is a great progressive type solution. We should call them work camps! Work will set you free!

Most homeless are walking zombies incapable of holding a job or even taking care of themselves.

The solution is to lock them up until sober but nobody can deal with that political firestorm.

The easy answer is to make them uncomfortable enough to the point where they “go be homeless” somewhere else.

This issue will only get worse as drug laws are relaxed.

Eloquent... straight from the mouth of a middle-schooler.

Haha. I work as a college professor.

You openly discriminate against anything you don't understand and write analogies about pubic hair on a message board.

Not remotely in the same league, little boy.
Hahaha. I could easily teach at the undergrad level with my degrees., but I actually make money in the real.world.

What are you working with bud? What do you have and where are they from?

• Haha
Reactions: SocraticIshmael
Hahaha. I could easily teach at the undergrad level with my degrees., but I actually make money in the real.world.

What are you working with bud? What do you have and where are they from?

Yep, seems about right. Money over intellect. Though the part about you being in the "real world" is humorous.

I've read your views on here. Even putting the language aside, your simple-minded, narrow view wouldn't survive a week in academia.

And why would I share specific details with a poster that has shown recurring instability and an obvious inferiority complex? I have nothing to prove to such a little, little man.

Go make your money. Let the adults focus on the future.

Yep, seems about right. Money over intellect. Though the part about you being in the "real world" is humorous.

I've read your views on here. Even putting the language aside, your simple-minded, narrow view wouldn't survive a week in academia.

And why would I share specific details with a poster that has shown recurring instability and an obvious inferiority complex? I have nothing to prove to such a little, little man.

Go make your money. Let the adults focus on the future.
Because you are another Ron alt and don't have shit.

If there is one thing people with advanced degrees love doing, it's talking about their advanced degrees. ( myself included)

You ever met someone with a doctorate that didn't tell you they had a doctorate?
Kick rocks pussy.

• Haha
Because you are another Ron alt and don't have shit.

If there is one thing people with advanced degrees love doing, it's talking about their advanced degrees. ( myself included)

You ever met someone with a doctorate that didn't tell you they had a doctorate?
Kick rocks pussy.
The problems with doctorates, particularly of the academic variety, are twofold. First, to get one you have to use or invent a jargon so refined as to suggest that you possess a hidden knowledge so unique and powerful that only only two or three people can understand it (you and the people who will review your dissertation after they get tired of using you as a research assistant and want some fresh meat), which of course is sort of the opposite of what the academic exercise is supposed to be about. Second, they generally entail the creation of people with knowledge that is an inch wide and a mile deep, rather than a mile wide and an inch deep, who are profoundly ill-suited for responding to hard multidimensional problems like the ones that occur outside the four walls of the faculty lounge.

(Oh, and the use of profanity or purile language actually correlates quite well with intelligence and effective communication.)

• Haha
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT