ADVERTISEMENT

Next 3 @MSU NW and Rutgers at home

Don't want to be in a big hole. At Minnesota shortly after that and a must win. 19 wins they in
We should be fine at 18 with none of the losses being @Minnesota or Nebraska I think. 19 obviously would make us a lot more comfortable on selection sunday though.

We definitely need 3 of the next 4, technically next 5 …since the outcome vs Purdue is a given.

That leaves us 7 games down the home stretch; need to go at least 4-3, but 5-2 looks highly doable.

We definitely need 3 of the next 4, technically next 5 …since the outcome vs Purdue is a given.

That leaves us 7 games down the home stretch; need to go at least 4-3, but 5-2 looks highly doable.

Purdue is no heavy weight, IMO. They scraped by Nebraska and Maryland

Teams are starting to figure out that pressuring their young guards and running them off of the 3 point is a weakness. Let Edey get his for the most part and try to lock down the 3 point line. Michigan St. held Purdue to just 10 3 point attempts and today Maryland held them to shooting just 2/13. Smith also had 4 TOs in both of those games.

Now do I think Iowa is capable of locking down Purdue's guards? Probably not. But Iowa's 3/4 court pressure has given them issues in the past. I'd expect that's the gameplan going into that--try to speed them up by pressuring them and seeing if their freshmen guards crack a bit.

It’s a bad matchup …Hawks have a 2% chance in WL. Chalk it down as an L, save yourself the wasted anticipation.

Hawks need to focus on sweeping the remaining home schedule and hopefully snag at least one or two winnable road games from here on out.

Teams are starting to figure out that pressuring their young guards and running them off of the 3 point is a weakness. Let Edey get his for the most part and try to lock down the 3 point line. Michigan St. held Purdue to just 10 3 point attempts and today Maryland held them to shooting just 2/13. Smith also had 4 TOs in both of those games.

Now do I think Iowa is capable of locking down Purdue's guards? Probably not. But Iowa's 3/4 court pressure has given them issues in the past. I'd expect that's the gameplan going into that--try to speed them up by pressuring them and seeing if their freshmen guards crack a bit.
Maryland definitely gave us the road map on how to beat Purdue. They shot 3/20 from 3. If they shoot their average percentage, they win that game going away.

Reactions: HawkHoops80
It’s a bad matchup …Hawks have a 2% chance in WL. Chalk it down as an L, save yourself the wasted anticipation.

Hawks need to focus on sweeping the remaining home schedule and hopefully snag at least one or two winnable road games from here on out.
Iowa needs to focus on winning every game because that's how sports work.

You can focus on whatever you want.

Iowa needs to focus on winning every game because that's how sports work.

You can focus on whatever you want.
LOL ...are you one of the players?

If so, I agree 💯 ...focus on the game ahead of you and play to win.

If you're a fan, I'm only trying to save you the guaranteed heartache.

Re read what you wrote. Then what I wrote.

Hopefully it will make sense.
My original comment was directed at fans, not the team.

Of course the team should focus on winning.

Fans can afford to be more realistic.

All I’m saying is you better not expect a W in WL this year ….we rarely get them when they’re not ranked let alone ranked #1.

Reactions: RocknRollface
Maryland definitely gave us the road map on how to beat Purdue. They shot 3/20 from 3. If they shoot their average percentage, they win that game going away.
I'd feel a little better about Iowa's chances if Josh O. was available. I wonder if there is any chance he's back.

Reactions: kceasthawk
I'd feel a little better about Iowa's chances if Josh O. was available. I wonder if there is any chance he's back.
I would feel better too. He played him tough in BTT game last year and he can bang on him and try to wear him out. Mulvey is long and can run the floor. That’s another option. At this point, you play Purdue straight up. Edey will get his points, but you want to limit everybody else. Don’t double team Edey, he can see over you and he will find the open 3 point shooters.
Purdue will have a hard time keeping up with our tempo and they’re not very deep. If we can wear them down like we did against Northwestern and get into the bonus early in 2nd half. we have a great chance in beating them.

I would feel better too. He played him tough in BTT game last year and he can bang on him and try to wear him out. Mulvey is long and can run the floor. That’s another option. At this point, you play Purdue straight up. Edey will get his points, but you want to limit everybody else. Don’t double team Edey, he can see over you and he will find the open 3 point shooters.
Purdue will have a hard time keeping up with our tempo and they’re not very deep. If we can wear them down like we did against Northwestern and get into the bonus early in 2nd half. we have a great chance in beating them.
Edey is too strong for Mulvey. Josh has the bulk to keep Edey from getting to his spots.

I’m sure some will think this is ok, but here it is.

The Orange Krush bought 200 tickets for Saturday’s game. Did a fundraiser and rented buses. Tickets paid for. Iowa finds out they are the Krush and cancel the tickets. After they were paid for. Now the kids are stuck with buses they have to pay for and won’t be at the game.

They are college kids. What harm can 200 kids do cheering for their team in an arena of thousands of Iowa fans? Last year, the Krush raised over $500,000 for charity. It’s not some ragtag group.

Pretty low if you ask me. Not sure how they can get away with it, but it appears they have. Again, I’m sure some will think it’s ok and funny. Pretty classless from my view.

And Iowa is likely to win, so you could send the Krush home sad. Makes no sense.

4e286b91b3fd51f5ddf807f276468c2c--guru-people.jpg

Gary Barta gunning for Player Hater of the Year

Reactions: RocknRollface
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT