ADVERTISEMENT

Next ISU home game

SoFla-Hawkeye

HR Heisman
Nov 12, 2001
They are hoping to have fans in the stands. Is anyone willing to actually pay to watch them play after today? How embarrassing would it be to open up to 25,000 and only get 10,000? I’m guessing they may hold off on opening the gates.

Reactions: michael.nelson311
Don't they play Oklahoma? That'll draw a few people.
I agree but think they back off the 25,000 number. Between a crappy team, CV19 and who knows what kind of weather, people have reason to stay home and watch on TV. Too risky to take a chance at not selling out a non sell out.

I agree but think they back off the 25,000 number. Between a crappy team, CV19 and who knows what kind of weather, people have reason to stay home and watch on TV. Too risky to take a chance at not selling out a non sell out.

Iowa State may or may not be a crappy team. They've looked like shit against inferior teams a lot. I mean, lol, they almost lost to Drake. Point is it's too early to write them off for sure from their normal 6-6/7-5 output. Admittedly, there's a lot of red flags, but the jury is still out.

Regardless, I get your point. Iowa State fans show up for Iowa and from there it's a crapshoot.

Reactions: HemiHawk
Have spent some leisure time on the CyFanatics board today and the apathy has set in with their fan base. They will put butts in seats but the mood should be pretty depressing.

Top takeaways from their collective therapy session, shared here with first person pronouns for emphasis:

1. After the way Notre Dame handed us our asses, why did we think so highly of this team?

2. Every time we get preseason love we shit the bed.

3. Campbell teams suck ass in September.

4. Campbell is the next Paul Rhoades and exemplifies every decent Iowa State football coach in history: Starts hot with some big wins, we freak out thinking he’s going to leave us, give him some big ass extension, and by year 5 it becomes evident that Iowa State will never sustain any level of success.

5. As an older fan I’m not even surprised or mad, just numb to the decades of disappointment and getting blasted in the ass soon as I think we might be good.

6. Offensive coordinator needs to go ASAP.

7. Talent wasn’t the issue today: shitty scheme and fundamentals were

8. How do we not have a dedicated special teams coach and how did I not know we didn’t have a special teams coach?

9. How high was Purdy today? Hope he doesn’t go Jacob Park on us.

10. I doubt we could’ve even beaten Iowa today.

Have spent some leisure time on the CyFanatics board today and the apathy has set in with their fan base. They will put butts in seats but the mood should be pretty depressing.

Top takeaways from their collective therapy session, shared here with first person pronouns for emphasis:

1. After the way Notre Dame handed us our asses, why did we think so highly of this team?

4. Campbell is the next Paul Rhoades and exemplifies every decent Iowa State football coach in history: Starts hot with some big wins, we freak out thinking he’s going to leave us, give him some big ass extension, and by year 5 it becomes evident that Iowa State will never sustain any level of success.

5. As an older fan I’m not even surprised or mad, just numb to the decades of disappointment and getting blasted in the ass soon as I think we might be good.

8. How do we not have a dedicated special teams coach and how did I not know we didn’t have a special teams coach?

Is #8 real?

If I were an ISU fan, I'd be at the next game. It is only one and we have seen a few depressing Hawk games in the last 20 years. Not many, thank God, but some that I haven't forgot.

Reactions: EpenesaEpenesa
When tickets are $5 and you extend the IHSAA Coaches ticket allotment you will get 25,000 people in the stadium. Or at least say you sold out your 25,000 tickets.

Is #8 real?

If I were an ISU fan, I'd be at the next game. It is only one and we have seen a few depressing Hawk games in the last 20 years. Not many, thank God, but some that I haven't forgot.
Yes, ISU does not have an ST coach, which is laughable for a D1 school, let alone a P5 school.

ISU would get 25k fans easy. People are ready to come back.
They’d probably even get Iowa fans who just want to tailgate and root for Oklahoma.

Seriously with #10? Living rent free in clown heads are the Hawks? Like they beat Iowa much even when they have their best teams even at trice. Please.....

For the male ISU students, Trice is the only place on campus you can find a female <225lbs as they watch the cheerleaders. They'll easily get to the 25,000 fans level.

The Big 12 is an absolute dumpster fire. They will get some wins, overreact, get their ass kicked again in their bowl game and overhype the hell out of next years team yet again. Rinse and repeat every year with these idiots.

Reactions: HemiHawk
They are hoping to have fans in the stands. Is anyone willing to actually pay to watch them play after today? How embarrassing would it be to open up to 25,000 and only get 10,000? I’m guessing they may hold off on opening the gates.
Jamie said last week that if they open it up to fans for OU, they'd have around 12,000 at most. If they decide against opening, it won't be because they're concerned about a small crowd.

That's pretty close. Speaking only for myself, I would say:
1. I wondered that, myself. I thought there were too many questions.
2. True.
3. True.
4. Close to true.
5. True.
6. I think he's new this season. I think it's the guy who was fired at Northwestern.
7. True
8. Most of us have known this and asked this question for several years.
9. Bullshit.
10. True. And I would add UNI to that.

And man that Oklahoma game is gonna be a steam roller.

How they do against TCU in a couple weeks will determine a lot.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT