ADVERTISEMENT

Next year trip?

Cerro Gordo Hawk

HB Heisman
Oct 29, 2003
Sorry if this has been discussed before, but do we go somewhere (preseason NIT, Bahamas, etc). for a OOC trip in November/December ?

They will be around Orlando, FL at thanksgiving I believe? Can't recall the name of the tourney but has a loaded field, so we'll be tested early again.

Originally posted by Hawkfan_08:
Originally posted by EpenesaEpenesa:
Orlando. Iowa, Notre Dame, Alabama, Wichita State, Xavier, Dayton

Posted from Rivals Mobile

Yikes that's loaded.
Good test for a young team next year. Chance at some quality wins early on in the season. We don't play UNI next year, we get Drake in the big 4. ACC/Big10 challenge we will get a good game at home.

The schedule will be similar to this years, and hopefully we can take advantage of the pre-season games.

The big ten I think will be down next year. Got to think Russell, Trimble, and dekker declare for the draft. MSU is losing TT and Dawson. OSU is losing some key players as well. Wisky is of course is losing Kaminsky and Gasser. Purdue losing Hammons.

The big ten will be young next year. I don't know who else is losing some key players?

Originally posted by DavenportHawk8:

Yikes that's loaded.
Good test for a young team next year. Chance at some quality wins early on in the season. We don't play UNI next year, we get Drake in the big 4. ACC/Big10 challenge we will get a good game at home.

The schedule will be similar to this years, and hopefully we can take advantage of the pre-season games.

The big ten I think will be down next year. Got to think Russell, Trimble, and dekker declare for the draft. MSU is losing TT and Dawson. OSU is losing some key players as well. Wisky is of course is losing Kaminsky and Gasser. Purdue losing Hammons.

The big ten will be young next year. I don't know who else is losing some key players?
Purdue will only lose Hammons if he declares for the draft.

Originally posted by hawkguy77:

Originally posted by DavenportHawk8:

Yikes that's loaded.

Purdue will only lose Hammons if he declares for the draft.
My bad thought he was a senior, the guy has been there forever.

Well then Purdue returns most of their players. Who else isn't losing anybody?

Iowa returns 4 starters and another who has started several games. I don't think they qualify as young.

We have 7 players returning but our bench will be young. We will have 5 Freshman coming on board is more my line of thought. I know we will have experience returning, but for our young guys that will be a good trip for them. They will get to see early in the season what elite basketball looks like and the pace of the college game.

that was where I was going with that. I realize we return 7 solid players, but our 5 freshman will be tested early which will be good for them.

I'd think Purdue and Michigan have a chance to be back at the top of the conference next year. I'm sure Wisconsin will be in the top 4 because they always are. MSU will find a way to be MSU. Depending if everyone comes back at Indiana, I'd expect them to be near the top too. Ohio State has an absolutely loaded class coming in (four 4 stars and a 5 star) and NW is going to be much improved in my opinion. We lose some star power in the conference but I really don't think the B1G is going to be down.

Purdue may or may not lose Hammonds but the still have 7' Haas who was just a FR this season. and in 14.7 mpg he avg'd 7.9 ppg, Purdue will be loaded. and Haas was a 4*. Purdue looks to be loaded and may be next season #1 pick to win the BT. especially if Hammonds returns, and he did not put up the numbers to warrant a look by him at the NBA this year,

11.5 ppg, 6.5 rpg, pretty pedestrian numbers. they will be my pick to win the BT next season.

as for the BT being down, I don't think it will be down in fact I feel it will be stronger, from top to bottom, NW will be bringing in another 4* forward to go along with 4* Law that Collins brought in in the 2014 class.

the BT will be fun to watch next season, which can only benefit IA, the stronger the conference the easier it is to get top recruits, for everybody.

Originally posted by Hawkeye2222:

Purdue may or may not lose Hammonds but the still have 7' Haas who was just a FR this season. and in 14.7 mpg he avg'd 7.9 ppg, Purdue will be loaded. and Haas was a 4*. Purdue looks to be loaded and may be next season #1 pick to win the BT. especially if Hammonds returns, and he did not put up the numbers to warrant a look by him at the NBA this year,

11.5 ppg, 6.5 rpg, pretty pedestrian numbers. they will be my pick to win the BT next season.

as for the BT being down, I don't think it will be down in fact I feel it will be stronger, from top to bottom, NW will be bringing in another 4* forward to go along with 4* Law that Collins brought in in the 2014 class.

the BT will be fun to watch next season, which can only benefit IA, the stronger the conference the easier it is to get top recruits, for everybody.
I think it will suffer a little. When you lose that many quality players like Russell, Tremble, Wells, Kaminsky, Dekker, Gasser, Jackson, and others. I think the league will be competitive, but I like the fact that Iowa returns 7 players who played significant minutes. I realize we lose 2 of main scoring threats, but we return a lot of experience which can help next year. Also add in some of our freshman and I think we have a squad that can battle for a top half finish next year.

I agree Purdue will be loaded as well as IU. I think Wisky takes a step back they are losing Jackson, Gasser, Kaminsky, and Dekker. That's a lot of scoring/experience they are losing. Also think OSU will be good, but they will be inexperienced again. NW is a team that could improve and possibly get to the NCAA next year. Nebbie I think will be improved as well. Penn State is losing some quality players I believe. MSU losing Dawson and Trice will hurt them. I realize they always get good recruits, but losing those two is a HUGE loss. Michigan will be loaded again, but they so inconsistent in shooting. Hard to believe them and Illinois will be better?

I like the hawks chances next year of finishing in the top half of the conference. I think we can finish anywhere from 4-7th place and depending on how the non-conf goes we could be in the hunt for a NCAA birth.

Yikes that's loaded.

Wichita St. will be a different team without Carter and Cotton. Pretty sure ND loses a lot too. Dayton and Xavier lose their leading scorers, but return a lot. If we can find a way to replace most of White's production, I think we could do well in Orlando.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT