ADVERTISEMENT

Next years FB Team...and Defensive Line

perryhawk

HB Legend
Apr 3, 2008
Perry, Iowa
I have posted about this previously on the FB board.....but in reading Tom's article today it kind of reinforces my concern. I am truly an optimist when it comes to Hawkeye sports and I have great trust in Kirk and his entire staff......but next year's DL really concerns me.

First off, I think that we will be strong in every other element of this next team....Strong Offensive line, good receivers, good running backs, good TE's, and I even think that we will be pretty good at QB.

I REALLY like our LB's and our DB's return experience, some depth, and good talent.

Our special teams should be strong again....we might have a slight decrease in FG% but maybe not....

I think our DL has some young talent....but, I just don't see the run stuffers in the middle to stand up to the Wisconsin's and others of the conference....and that one weakness is what can seperate us from a top tier or B10 Division title, etc......

I have heard/read the posters saying...don't worry, we always develop a strong defensive line......there was doubt last year and look how we did....I give some credibility to both of those statements but that is not a guarantee. We start the year against a couple of preseason top 10 teams in Indiana and ISU.....I just see problems and I hope that I'm wrong.

More than any other position we could use a good transfer at D tackle. Interested in hearing what others think and REALLY interested in any inside info on player development with the Dline.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals.com to access this premium section.

• Member-Only Message Boards
  • Exclusive coverage of Rivals Series
  • Exclusive Recruiting Interviews
  • Breaking Recruiting News