ADVERTISEMENT

*****NFC & AFC Championship Games Thread. Which 2 Teams are Heading to the Super Bowl?*****

Which 2 teams are heading to the Super Bowl?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Franisdaman

HR King
Nov 3, 2012
Heaven, Iowa
NFC Championship

San Francisco (13-4, 5-3 Away)

at Philadelphia (14-3, 7-2 Home)

Sunday, 2 pm CT, on FOX

Philly is a 2.5 point favorite; the O/U is 46.

AFC Championship

Cincinnati (12-4, 6-3 Away)

at Kansas City (14-3, 7-1 Home)

Sunday, 5:30 pm CT, on CBS

KC is a 1.5 point favorite; the O/U is 48.

These games are tough to predict. Mahomes is not 100%. The Chiefs have home field. Do the Bengals nevertheless have the edge?

Is the 49'er key to victory simply for Purdy to continue to not make mistakes, let the his play makers make plays and let the 49'er defense dominate? Or, will Philly, with the home field, take care of business and advance?

Last edited:
I wish they would put the first game on Saturday primetime. I am thinking Philly and Cincy. I think Cincy may by two scores and I hate Cincy. The San Fran vs Philly is much more difficult to predict.

I have no clue. I want Philly and KC, so that means it will be SF and Cincy!

I'd like to see the Chiefs win it all, but if they don't I hope it's Cincy because they have never won it.

I'm not sure KC's defense is good enough.

I have no clue. I want Philly and KC, so that means it will be SF and Cincy!

I'd like to see the Chiefs win it all, but if they don't I hope it's Cincy because they have never won it.

I'm not sure KC's defense is good enough.

I forget who said it but someone said that now that Mahomes is injured, Cincy now has an advantage in all 3 phases (offense, defense, and special teams). I found that interesting.

Do you agree? Honestly, I see both games as a coin flip. I think both games come down to turnovers. Whoever wins the turnover margin wins. We'll see.

I forget who said it but someone said that now that Mahomes is injured, Cincy now has an advantage in all 3 phases (offense, defense, and special teams). I found that interesting.

Do you agree? Honestly, I see both games as a coin flip. I think both games come down to turnovers. Whoever wins the turnover margin wins. We'll see.
I honestly don't know. I agree both games are a coin flip and will probably come down to turnovers. Cincy is playing so well right now, I'm not sure they don't have the advantage even against Mahomes at 100%.

I think both games will be close and fun to watch.

Reactions: Franisdaman
NFC Championship

San Francisco (13-4, 5-3 Away)

at Philadelphia (14-3, 7-2 Home)

Sunday, 2 pm CT, on FOX

Philly is a 2.5 point favorite; the O/U is 46.

AFC Championship

Cincinnati (12-4, 6-3 Away)

at Kansas City (14-3, 7-1 Home)

Sunday, 5:30 pm CT, on CBS

KC is a 1.5 point favorite; the O/U is 48.

These games are tough to predict. Mahomes is not 100%. The Chiefs have home field. Do the Bengals nevertheless have the edge?

Is the 49'er key to victory simply for Purdy to continue to not make mistakes, let the his play makers make plays and let the 49'er defense dominate? Or, will Philly, with the home field, take care of business and advance?

There is news out that KC TEnd Kelce might not play. Tweaked his back in practice yesterday. They brought a TEnd to the roster from the practice squad.

I have been a big chiefs fan since 1963ish and would love to see them win again. But if Mahomes is gimpy and Kelce doesnt play I do not like those odds. KC's defense can be real good or just flat average sometimes with 3 rookies in the DBackfield sometimes

There is news out that KC TEnd Kelce might not play. Tweaked his back in practice yesterday. They brought a TEnd to the roster from the practice squad.

I have been a big chiefs fan since 1963ish and would love to see them win again. But if Mahomes is gimpy and Kelce doesnt play I do not like those odds. KC's defense can be real good or just flat average sometimes with 3 rookies in the DBackfield sometimes

From the Cincinnati Enquirer:

I don't think theres a chance in hell that Kelce doesn't play. If it will limit him at all we'll see. The last few days they act like Mahomes is fine, and yesterday they took him off the injury report all together. Not sure if this is just gamesmenship or what but its hard to believe that he's 100% already. His Mrs is a personal trainer though so I'm sure he's getting that extra special work in when he's home... ;)

Reactions: littlez
I wish they would put the first game on Saturday primetime. I am thinking Philly and Cincy. I think Cincy may by two scores and I hate Cincy. The San Fran vs Philly is much more difficult to predict.
Cincy by 2 scores? Bengals have won 2 of the 3 in Cincy and both last possession games. Chiefs were up 21-3 in Arrowhead last year. Mahomes will be fine. Bengals were a fluke play away from losing to the Ravens in the 1st round. If Chiefs don’t turn the ball over they win. I think the Eagles win by at least a touchdown. Hurts seems close to 100%. Eagles will score at least 24 in my opinion. Think today is it for Purdy.

From the Cincinnati Enquirer:

Those doctors and trainers can do wonders. My lower back muscles will cramp up to protect other structures sometimes if I lift too much the wrong way and I am usually down for two days of doing nothing.

I would like to see Mahomes and Kelce have great games and get back to the super bowl.

Reactions: kceasthawk
I don't think theres a chance in hell that Kelce doesn't play. If it will limit him at all we'll see. The last few days they act like Mahomes is fine, and yesterday they took him off the injury report all together. Not sure if this is just gamesmenship or what but its hard to believe that he's 100% already. His Mrs is a personal trainer though so I'm sure he's getting that extra special work in when he's home... ;)

I just hope Andy Reid and Mahomes, if given the same opportunity, dont biff up the end of the first half and not get any points like last year.

A chip shot field goal gives them a 24-3 lead which is just huge and does not give the Bengals a big lift.

It's amazing how teams have to start rookies (or aging or average players) on cheap salaries in order to stay within the salary cap and be able to pay their star players. Is an elite QB worth a lot of money? You bet. But when you can't afford to sign other good players, how far will that take you? Just look at Joe Burrow; when his OL sucked not that long ago, the Bengals were not very good.

It's going to be interesting to see how Purdy performs today.

Hopefully it is Chiefs and 49ers, wouldn’t be sad to see Philly against Chiefs.

It's amazing how teams have to start rookies (or aging or average players) on cheap salaries in order to stay within the salary cap and be able to pay their star players. Is an elite QB worth a lot of money? You bet. But when you can't afford to sign other good players, how far will that take you? Just look at Joe Burrow; when his OL sucked not that long ago, the Bengals were not very good.

It's going to be interesting to see how Purdy performs today.
No doubt, but I'll say this. Given the current $$ structure, a decent veteran backup like Chad Henne is damn valuable. Doesn't care that he's making bank, and just holding the clipboard, but guy who can come in and at least not lose you the game.

Reactions: Franisdaman
Epps, for the Eagles, just showed why you are supposed to tackle with your arms, not by launching yourself at the ball carrier.

Reactions: PIEPI
this game is garbage, too many penalties and injuries, a fake catch, officials suck
Agree. Not a fan of either team is really making it that much worse. I would have to say the niners have been on the short stick of a lot of shitty penalties.
Niners don’t even have a qb that can throw right now and the eagles are still getting calls.

Numerous former huskers playing in or potentially playing in the SB this season, pretty amazing since they’ve sucked so bad lately.

i fear we are gonna have another rout here

the Cincy OL has given up 3 consecutive sacks
Burrow has found his rhythm and the Chiefs defense can't stop the Bengals right now. Chiefs haven't been able to move the ball much their last few series. It would not surprise me if Cincy wins this.

Burrow has found his rhythm and the Chiefs defense can't stop the Bengals right now. Chiefs haven't been able to move the ball much their last few series. It would not surprise me if Cincy wins this.
Cincy got screwed in this game multiple times. In the end we witnessed one of the most stupid plays in history with the personal foul on Cincy.

• Haha
Reactions: littlez and 83Hawk
Ossai gets the Leon Lett award for lowest IQ for the 22-23 season.

Yeah, you just have to know the situation before the snap. Only seconds left, tough field goal weather, know where the out of bounds is.

But that being said there was 8 seconds left when Mahomes went out of bounds and we do not know if he could have passed for 8-10 yards or so and the guy gets out of bounds and they still kick the winner.

The Macaulays got the majority of the calls and in the end one of their players made a thug play.

Congrats to KCEasthawk! I hope your guys win it all!
Thanks. Hopefully we have some WR's for PM to throw the ball to. Half of them left the game due to injury along with Mahomes himself limping pretty bad. Eagles will be a tough out. Will be fun for Big Red, (Andy Reid) since he took both these two teams to the Super bowl. Mrs Kelce will have to break out her two sided game jersey with both sons playing...... :D

Reactions: TRHawkeye145
Thanks. Hopefully we have some WR's for PM to throw the ball to. Half of them left the game due to injury along with Mahomes himself limping pretty bad. Eagles will be a tough out. Will be fun for Big Red, (Andy Reid) since he took both these two teams to the Super bowl. Mrs Kelce will have to break out her two sided game jersey with both sons playing...... :D
What happened to JJS-S? I never saw or heard why he left the game.

Can you imagine if the Chiefs (similar to the 49'ers yesterday) have to use their 4th string QB in the Super Bowl? ;)

Yeah, you just have to know the situation before the snap. Only seconds left, tough field goal weather, know where the out of bounds is.

But that being said there was 8 seconds left when Mahomes went out of bounds and we do not know if he could have passed for 8-10 yards or so and the guy gets out of bounds and they still kick the winner.
And if the chiefs didn’t pick up another 8-10 yards the refs might have let them redo the down and try again 🤷🏼‍♂️

Reactions: Sett1997
I kinda forgot about how Hurts became Philly's starting QB. He is just 24 and has one year left on his rookie deal. He is now eligible for a contract extension.

From ESPN:

The selection of Hurts with the 53rd overall pick in the 2020 NFL draft caught many off guard, mainly because the team had just handed Carson Wentz a four-year, $128 million contract extension 10 months prior. Eagles management intended on Hurts being a solid backup and insurance option.

But Wentz struggled in 2020, was benched in favor of Hurts for the last four games, and was traded to the Indianapolis Colts that offseason after his relationship with the team eroded.

Hurts led the Eagles to the playoffs in his first year as a full-time starter in 2021, and he followed that up with an MVP-level campaign this season, helping Philadelphia to a 14-3 regular-season record and, now, a spot in Super Bowl LVII.

Reactions: Bishop1971
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT