ADVERTISEMENT

*****NFC & AFC Championship Games Thread. Which 2 Teams are Heading to the Super Bowl?*****

Which 2 teams are heading to the Super Bowl?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Eagles getting a lot of love and now an opening 1 1/2 point favorite in the Super Bowl. They've beaten a Daniel Jones Giants team and a Brock Purdy/ Josh Johnson lead Niners team, who then had to play a running back at QB at times. Talking heads now also saying the Eagles have a better roster, just like they said the Bengals did. Mahomes threw for over 300 yards with 1 leg, 3 receivers out, lost their best cover guy the very beginning of the game in Snead and also lost Willie Gay who was dominating. I don't think any of these injuries are serious to the other guys and I think in 2 weeks Mahomes is going to be much healthier than he was yesterday. I'll take the Chiefs.

And if the chiefs didn’t pick up another 8-10 yards the refs might have let them redo the down and try again 🤷🏼‍♂️
haha, well it turns out the clock operators or the clock somehow was running after an incompletion so a side judge ran in to stop the play but no one heard the whistle. It was a correct call by the ref but just looked very ugly because no one knew what the hell was going on.

What happened to JJS-S? I never saw or heard why he left the game.
Not sure. They made some mention of him getting dinged, and then he was out also, along with Toney, and Hartman again, and he just came back. The CB Snead also was knocked out of the game in conccusion protocal. Does anyone one know, with ISM just being added to the Chiefs practice squad, can he be added to the active roster for the Super bowl if some of these guys can't go?

Reactions: Bishop1971
Not sure. They made some mention of him getting dinged, and then he was out also, along with Toney, and Hartman again, and he just came back. The CB Snead also was knocked out of the game in conccusion protocal. Does anyone one know, with ISM just being added to the Chiefs practice squad, can he be added to the active roster for the Super bowl if some of these guys can't go?
I believe that rosters are a game to game decision, so yes, ISM could be added. Blake Bell was IA so if Kelce can't go he could be added as well.

I watched the whole game and must not have been paying attention when the addressed JJS-S. Just all of sudden noticed he wasn't playing. But then Tony Romo sucks and tend to ignore him so there is that.

I asked it before I wonder if a team that advanced to the Final 4 ever had to use their 4th stringer.

I felt bad for Kittle and all of their offensive weapons because they had no one who could throw to them
Which begs the question why didn't SF put CMcC in at QB and have him go all Jalen Hurts on them.

I asked it before I wonder if a team that advanced to the Final 4 ever had to use their 4th stringer.

I felt bad for Kittle and all of their offensive weapons because they had no one who could throw to them
So I have to wonder what the niners were thinking having a 36 year old backup who has been on 14 different teams in 15 years? And basically never played for any of them. While Purdy had been really good, don't you think they could have gotten a quality backup as a guy who might have possibly wanted a Super bowl ring?

CMac can't pass the ball. I doubt they practiced him at the wildcat besides a play or 2. With a roster as good as the niners this was really short sighted. And that offense is starting to show some miles.

So I have to wonder what the niners were thinking having a 36 year old backup who has been on 14 different teams in 15 years? And basically never played for any of them. While Purdy had been really good, don't you think they could have gotten a quality backup as a guy who might have possibly wanted a Super bowl ring?

I agree. Hindsight is 20/20, but it seems like the GM and HC messed up when it came to acquiring a backup to Purdy.

I had to look it up but the 2022 trade deadline was Tuesday, Nov. 1 at 4 p.m. ET, following Week 8 of the season. At that time, Jimmy G was QB1 and Purdy was QB2. Jimmy G then got injured and has been out since Week 13 with a foot injury.

I believe that rosters are a game to game decision, so yes, ISM could be added. Blake Bell was IA so if Kelce can't go he could be added as well.

I watched the whole game and must not have been paying attention when the addressed JJS-S. Just all of sudden noticed he wasn't playing. But then Tony Romo sucks and tend to ignore him so there is that.
I wasn't sure if that applied this deep in the playoffs, if you could still add someone going into the super bowl. Could you trade for a player this week, and then play him in the big game?

I wasn't sure if that applied this deep in the playoffs, if you could still add someone going into the super bowl. Could you trade for a player this week, and then play him in the big game?
No on the trades, the deadline is prior to week (???) games. As far as claiming a player off waivers/FA's/players off the street I'm not sure how that works, maybe before the playoffs start?

Just heard on 810 here this morning that it's the knee for Juju. While I want everyone healthy I"m really glad both our o line and d line are both healthy as the Eagles strength is both of their lines. Spags had a helluva game plan against the Bengals. Eagles offense and running game is a different beast. Number 1 priority is stopping the run. Hurts has not been forced to pass the ball at all since he came back. When he has passed he hasn't looked good. 90% Mahomes w/healthy receivers the Chiefs will score 21-28 pts. I'm really hoping Willie Gay is back. We're pretty thin at linebacker and he was a beast until he got hurt against the Bengals.

Reactions: kceasthawk
Just heard on 810 here this morning that it's the knee for Juju. While I want everyone healthy I"m really glad both our o line and d line are both healthy as the Eagles strength is both of their lines. Spags had a helluva game plan against the Bengals. Eagles offense and running game is a different beast. Number 1 priority is stopping the run. Hurts has not been forced to pass the ball at all since he came back. When he has passed he hasn't looked good. 90% Mahomes w/healthy receivers the Chiefs will score 21-28 pts. I'm really hoping Willie Gay is back. We're pretty thin at linebacker and he was a beast until he got hurt against the Bengals.
Chiefs fan here - I was worried the dline would let Burrows sit back there all day and tear up the secondary. But opposite happened....looked like he never really got comfortable for the entire game. The D really stepped up!

Chiefs fan here - I was worried the dline would let Burrows sit back there all day and tear up the secondary. But opposite happened....looked like he never really got comfortable for the entire game. The D really stepped up!
Best our d line has played all year. Took away the running game, which forced Mixon out of the game because he can't block, and made Perine play quite a bit more snaps. A couple of big plays by the Bengals were just basically their great players making plays. Chase on 4th down taking the ball away from Cook and Williams on that catch was just Chase being Chase. The Higgins TD was not bad coverage just his height and athletic ability won out. Otherwise our defense could not have played any better honestly.

It does suck to be headed to "the game" and have so many questions on injured players. Would love to see ISM get activated and make a couple of plays for the magician....

didn't the Bengals have 3 OL starters out with injury? their replacements were not very good

didn't the Bengals have 3 OL starters out with injury? their replacements were not very good
They did. Shows you how good Burrow really is as he was under constant pressure. I'll say their line held up at Buffalo really well the week before, which really surprised me.

Reactions: Franisdaman
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT