ADVERTISEMENT

****NFL Black Monday****

At least the Bears moved on from Glennon. The Giants just had him starting a game a week ago against Chicago at Soldier Field. Proof there are a few other franchises in the NFL that are even more of a train wreck than the Bears.
Well, to be fair, the Giants didn't sign Glennon to be the starter. And they are only paying him 1.3 million.

The Bears signed Glennon to an 18 million contract and to be in contention to start. Then signed Foles, Then Dalton.

Incredible how dumb that franchise is.

Try and add a year (two tops) to his desk to soften the blow.

still would like to see cousins with a true offensive coach. Somebody that says, “if you see this, audible to this “. I think Zimmer just said “run the running plays we call no matter what”.

saw a tweet showing Cousin's numbers were almost identical to Favre’s glory years in Minnesota.

you F up the QB situation with some rookie jack and Jefferson will pull a Diggs.

In the reports I have listened to Flores is a candidate for the Vikings. Winning 7 games in a row at Miami is impressive.
It was an impressive stretch of the schedule:

Houston
Baltimore (no Lamar Jackson)
Jets
Carolina
Giants
Jets
New Orleans

You cannot lose sight of that context.

Reactions: Bro D
A lot of people forget the NC State coach ran off Russel Wilson to Wisconsin because they thought Mike was better. Whoops.
Story I read was he wanted to keep playing baseball and coach forced him to choose so he chose to leave and play both at college and then go the NFL.
I swear they were floating stories about him flirting with baseball even after he was an NFL QB. Maybe when he had a contract coming up or something?

Story I read was he wanted to keep playing baseball and coach forced him to choose so he chose to leave and play both at college and then go the NFL.
I swear they were floating stories about him flirting with baseball even after he was an NFL QB. Maybe when he had a contract coming up or something?
So he chose Wisconsin........which doesn't have a baseball program.

It doesn't matter that you have no dog in the fight. That doesn't make what you said accurate.......just sayin. :D
well then refute it.

Who is your young quarterback?
Where are you going to get money to spend on free agents?
You call it a ready-made roster...the one with a losing record that might lose Barr, how is that attrative?
Who are you going to draft at 12 to overcome those three things above.

You keep saying its attractive or ready made. It's not either of those, hate to break it to you.

I have no dog in the fight. Clearly you do and you're being blinded. The vikings right now is not a good job.
Jefferson, Cook, two very good OT's, good young TE, and if returns (I don't think he will) a top 10 QB. A brand new practice facility, and an amazing stadium. Also the owners want to win.

well then refute it.

Who is your young quarterback?
Where are you going to get money to spend on free agents?
You call it a ready-made roster...the one with a losing record that might lose Barr, how is that attrative?
Who are you going to draft at 12 to overcome those three things above.

You keep saying its attractive or ready made. It's not either of those, hate to break it to you.
Lol at losing Barr is a bad thing.

It was an impressive stretch of the schedule:

Houston
Baltimore (no Lamar Jackson)
Jets
Carolina
Giants
Jets
New Orleans

You cannot lose sight of that context.

They did sweep the Patriots. Not during the streak. ;)

Going by this list, I think it is safe to say that the Hawkeyes won't be losing Brian Ferentz. I assume he is holding out for the Patriots job.

tenor.gif

• Haha
Reactions: QChawks and HawCory
Jefferson, Cook, two very good OT's, good young TE, and if returns (I don't think he will) a top 10 QB. A brand new practice facility, and an amazing stadium. Also the owners want to win.
Holy blinders batman!

Yes jefferson and cook are good. Two "Very good OTs" is laughably blind (Darrisaw graded out at 25th best LT, Smith at 47) . Same for the TE (wooo 600 Recieving yards) and Cousins being a top 10 Qb is beyond dumb. Wow you have a new practice facility and a nice stadium so do about 29 other teams. Owners that want to win? Can you point to one who doesn't?

You know what i didn't see listed in your post. Anything about a defense. And nothing about being over the cap.

So you got a WR a RB and not much else. You got not money to improve your team and pick 12th. But, hey that 8-9 roster with two good pieces is gonna be every coaches dream!

Cousins isn’t Brady or Mahomes or Rodgers but after those three he is likely about as good as the rest. The rest are all far from perfect

if Rodgers leaves Green Bay the Vikings are looking pretty.

you want to coach in Miami and play against the Pats and Bills twice a year?

Theilen Jefferson and Cook isn’t going to be matched by any teams looking for a coach.

Try and add a year (two tops) to his desk to soften the blow.

still would like to see cousins with a true offensive coach. Somebody that says, “if you see this, audible to this “. I think Zimmer just said “run the running plays we call no matter what”.

saw a tweet showing Cousin's numbers were almost identical to Favre’s glory years in Minnesota.

you F up the QB situation with some rookie jack and Jefferson will pull a Diggs.
I highly doubt getting a new QB and it not working would be why Jefferson leaves. The staff will be the sole source to blame, because they could lose him with Kirk still under contract as well.

Also, Favre had basically one year with the Vikings. He was done before the end of the 2010 season because he never fully recovered from all the cheap shots the Saints gave him that went uncalled just sayin..........

Cousins isn’t Brady or Mahomes or Rodgers but after those three he is likely about as good as the rest.

if Rodgers leaves Green Bay the Vikings are looking pretty.

you want to coach in Miami and play against the Pats and Bills twice a year?
We could do worse than Cousins................but we could also do a LOT better.

The theme of the day is: don't let good be the enemy of great.

That's the message the Wilfs are sending right now.

Reactions: Thunderlips71
We could do worse than Cousins................but we could also do a LOT better.

The theme of the day is: don't let good be the enemy of great.

That's the message the Wilfs are sending right now.
Maybe Garapalo.

if you want to start over with a rookie you might as well trade away Cook Theilen and Jefferson and tank for the 2023 draft.

a different coach and they likely are in playoffs today IMO. The current roster is worth taking a shot with in 2022. If that fails blow it all up. Completely.

Holy blinders batman!

Yes jefferson and cook are good. Two "Very good OTs" is laughably blind (Darrisaw graded out at 25th best LT, Smith at 47) . Same for the TE (wooo 600 Recieving yards) and Cousins being a top 10 Qb is beyond dumb. Wow you have a new practice facility and a nice stadium so do about 29 other teams. Owners that want to win? Can you point to one who doesn't?

You know what i didn't see listed in your post. Anything about a defense. And nothing about being over the cap.

So you got a WR a RB and not much else. You got not money to improve your team and pick 12th. But, hey that 8-9 roster with two good pieces is gonna be every coaches dream!
Sounds like someone is blind against what the Vikings have........ ;)

Btw, the Vikings with that 8-9 roster riddled with injuries and stupid decision-making only had two games out of 17 where they didn't have at least a 6 pt lead at any point in time, and with better coaching they win some of the 8 games (out of 9) they lost by 8 pts or less......................

The Vikings played 5 of the top 6 seeds in the NFC and went 1-5, losing 4 by a single possession, and splitting with the Packers with the loss being a covid freebie essentially.

Maybe Garapalo.

if you want to start over with a rookie you might as well trade away Cook Theilen and Jefferson and tank for the 2023 draft.

a different coach and they likely are in playoffs today IMO. The current roster is worth taking a shot with in 2022. If that fails blow it all up. Completely.
I've heard a few other names they could trade for that wouldn't be the worst thing in the world.

Also, remember. This is going to be about Kirk's contract.

It's not a matter of what we think he should do.....but what he wants to do.

His only option is to extend and eat some of the money, now, to help the roster.....or get traded.

If he doesn't want to extend..........

"Well........bye"

Rodgers is gonna join Favre in Minnesota.

Why?

Because I can't truly be happy as a Vikings fan and that would be the most begrudging thing possible that could still realistically happen for the Vikings in the near future, so naturally it can't not happen.

But at least it'll make Packer fans pissy, so I'll deal with it...... :cool:
Spoken like a true Vikings fan. You get more satisfaction over a Packers loss than a Vikings win.

Would love to see them sign James Daniels if he isn't resigned by the Bears.

He isn't very good. He isn't bad either. Just... disappointing. And his opinions on things are awful. He said he was mad about Nagy getting fired because Nagy was "fun and let us be ourselves". He totally does not give two shits about winning.

I've heard a few other names they could trade for that wouldn't be the worst thing in the world.

His only option is to extend and eat some of the money, now, to help the roster.....or get traded.

"Well........bye"
Can’t cut him, he is getting 35-45 million against the cap no matter what.

there is no point in cutting him. Mond isn’t the answer and you can’t afford to pay another QB.

Reactions: claykenny
Holy blinders batman!

Who the hell is smith? It is Brian O'Neil. One of the best RT's in the league.

Pretty surprised w
He isn't very good. He isn't bad either. Just... disappointing. And his opinions on things are awful. He said he was mad about Nagy getting fired because Nagy was "fun and let us be ourselves". He totally does not give two shits about winning.
”Let us be ourselves.”

JFC

We didn’t have a Doyle problem. We had a James Daniels problem. /hottake

Vikings > Bears > Packers
He clearly wasn't talking about winning programs, so maybe public transportation to and from their respective stadiums?

Not cut....trade. There's a difference.
And who QBs the Vikings in 2022?

nobody is taking a 45 million dollar hit for Cousins. So eat a chunk of that contract and Star a piece of crap rookie?

for all of Cousins warts his stats this year were almost exactly like Favre’s great year on Minnesota.

defense was the biggest problem with the Vikings by a wide margin.

Cousins is god compared to Baker Mayfield.

Cousins had 33TDs and 7 picks. You are not getting that production from any rookie or journeyman piece of crap.

And who QBs the Vikings in 2022? (Someone better than Cousins....)

nobody is taking a 45 million dollar hit for Cousins. (Yeah....not even the Vikings) So eat a chunk of that contract and Star a piece of crap rookie? (What if that rookie turned out to be a Joe Burrow or Justin Herbert?.....Ya never know.)

for all of Cousins warts his stats this year were almost exactly like Favre’s great year on Minnesota. (And how did we do in both seasons? Don’t make excuses for ole teeth clencher.......I know it's going to be very hard to do......like maybe one of the hardest things you've ever done in your life........but please don't make excuses for Kirk Cousins. Good luck.)

defense was the biggest problem with the Vikings by a wide margin. (Sure, but there really aren't any great dominating defenses this year.......way too many 2 minute drills, and whole games that are basically an extended 2 minute drill.)

Cousins is god compared to Baker Mayfield. (I agree.....that's why we're not trading for him.)

Cousins had 33TDs and 7 picks. (Do better....) You are not getting that production from any rookie or journeyman piece of crap. (Then lets do what the Rams did...........)

Well, to be fair, the Giants didn't sign Glennon to be the starter. And they are only paying him 1.3 million.

The Bears signed Glennon to an 18 million contract and to be in contention to start. Then signed Foles, Then Dalton.

Incredible how dumb that franchise is.
If I remember correctly, they signed Glennon to that fat contract and had him host the Bears’ draft party. The first thing they did was trade up and draft Mitch Trubisky - before Glennon even played his first snap. A true sign of failed leadership in the organization. They essentially did the same damned thing this last season with Dalton and Fields.

Holy blinders batman!

Darrisaw missed most of the offseason and a good portion of the season as a rookie playing one of the toughest positions in football. I’m giving him at least another year before passing judgement. O’Neill is the other tackle and has been pretty solid. Cleveland has been solid. They need a C and RG and the line, as a whole, will be more than adequate.

Darrisaw missed most of the offseason and a good portion of the season as a rookie playing one of the toughest positions in football. I’m giving him at least another year before passing judgement. O’Neill is the other tackle and has been pretty solid. Cleveland has been solid. They need a C and RG and the line, as a whole, will be more than adequate.
I'm not saying Darrisaw is crap and should be cut. But to argue they are "very good OTs" is wrong. There is nothing to back that up expect Minnesota fan blinders.

"Well........bye"

You have two choices due to Kirk’s cap hit:

1. Cut him or trade him. You eat a ton of dead money and start a league minimum quarterback with zero flexibility to upgrade the roster. In that event, it’s a total rebuild and should trade Jefferson, Cook, Smith, Kendricks, Hunter, etc. and enjoy going through at least two coaches before being competitive again. If the new GM isn’t a home run, we can enjoy a decade or more of non-competitive football.

2. Restructure in a front loaded deal for 3-4 years to keep the current roster intact by freeing up money for this year, buying time to develop a new quarterback, and giving you an out as early as next year. There are at any given time 4-5 “elite” quarterbacks in the league. Kirk isn’t that, but they can win despite him with this roster if his contract isn’t hamstringing the rest of the roster. There isn’t anyone better than Cousins available for 2022, realistically speaking.

I'm not saying Darrisaw is crap and should be cut. But to argue they are "very good OTs" is wrong. There is nothing to back that up expect Minnesota fan blinders.

O’Neill is probably a top ten at RT. Great run blocker. Decent in pass protection.

ADVERTISEMENT