ADVERTISEMENT

****NFL Black Monday****

You have two choices due to Kirk’s cap hit:

1. Cut him or trade him. You eat a ton of dead money and start a league minimum quarterback with zero flexibility to upgrade the roster. In that event, it’s a total rebuild and should trade Jefferson, Cook, Smith, Kendricks, Hunter, etc. and enjoy going through at least two coaches before being competitive again. If the new GM isn’t a home run, we can enjoy a decade or more of non-competitive football.

2. Restructure in a front loaded deal for 3-4 years to keep the current roster intact by freeing up money for this year, buying time to develop a new quarterback, and giving you an out as early as next year. There are at any given time 4-5 “elite” quarterbacks in the league. Kirk isn’t that, but they can win despite him with this roster if his contract isn’t hamstringing the rest of the roster. There isn’t anyone better than Cousins available for 2022, realistically speaking.
Are you sure there isn't anyone better?

And again.......what is so hard about this.

They're either gonna trade him.....and MAKE/FORCE FEED someone else his contract.......

Or he is gonna swallow his f***ing pride and restructure.

The Vikings ARE NOT GOING TO CUT HIM NOR ARE THEY GOING TO PAY HIM $40+ MILLION.

Kirk will either have to accept a trade......or restructure/sign an extension on his contract to lighten the cap hit.

Also, anyone who thinks the cap is an issue for the Vikings doesn't understand how money can be managed to make things work.

Spielman did it this past year with an even smaller cap and the fact, yes FACT......that Kirk was approached about restructuring once again, and refused.

Kirk restructured in 2020, said "I'm good" in 2021, and now doesn't have a choice in 2022.

Hope that helps everyone.

@claykenny not necessarily attacking you on this subject

Reactions: claykenny
I'm just hoping Denver doesn't snatch Bienemy. If Chiefs win super bowl, I think Reid retires. Bienemy deserves the job.

Cardinals fired HC Kliff Kingsbury.​

Kingsbury was hired in 2019, which also marked the beginning of the Kyler Murray era in Arizona. The two made sense together on paper as they both operated air raid offenses at the college level. However, Kingsbury never developed the prolific passing offense many hoped for in Arizona. The Cardinals finished in the top half of the league in passing yards just once in his four years at the helm, peaking in 2021 with a 10th-place finish. 2021 was also Kingsbury's only playoff season. The Cardinals were absolutely dismantled by the Rams in the Wild Card Round. They regressed badly in 2022, finishing 4-13, the worst season of Kingsbury's NFL career. As Adam Schefter noted on Twitter, the Cardinals have never had a head coach last longer than six years in their 100-plus-year history.

JOB OPENINGS​

i

Arizona Cardinals

Former coach: Kliff Kingsbury
Record with Cardinals: 28-37-1 over four seasons
Date fired: Jan. 9

i

Houston Texans

Former coach: Lovie Smith
Record with Texans: 3-13-1 over one season
Date fired: Jan. 8

i