ADVERTISEMENT

NFL owners are thinking about ousting Daniel Snyder from their club.

Stealing from other owners. If this was the mafia he’d already be swimming with the fishes.

Stealing from other owners. If this was the mafia he’d already be swimming with the fishes.
Actually, in the big picture, Snyder showed the other staid old owners ways to monetize their franchises that they'd never even considered. Remember, this is a guy that came out of the ad/promo business. He's probably made them more money than he could ever possibly steal from them.

Marge_Schott.jpg

Actually, in the big picture, Snyder showed the other staid old owners ways to monetize their franchises that they'd never even considered. Remember, this is a guy that came out of the ad/promo business. He's probably made them more money than he could ever possibly steal from them.
The commission would still approve the hit.

Reactions: Aardvark86
Probably double that.

Forbes seems to agree with you listing Washington as the #5 most valuable NFL team, but I don't understand why Washington would be more valuable than a lot of other teams.

It doesn't seem to have an overly large or extremely passionate fan base.

Forbes seems to agree with you listing Washington as the #5 most valuable NFL team, but I don't understand why Washington would be more valuable than a lot of other teams.

It doesn't seem to have an overly large or extremely passionate fan base.
At one point, the fan base was second to none but he's burned about 80% of the goodwill that existed. The reason that they are #5 in the NFL is because Snyder has completely monetized every aspect of the operation, from digital, to broadcast, to stadium experience, to "official sponsors." Remember that prior to his ownership, the guy was just an ad man. That has come at a cost to fan loyalty, and it will be interesting to see what some future new owner has to do to get some of that back.

Here's a hilarious local piece listing some of his offenses against customers from A to Z -- and this is over ten years old!!!

Last edited:
Reactions: lucas80
I'll believe it when I see it. Those owners have to be thinking in the back of their head that if they do oust Snyder what happens if I'm next?

Lived in VA for a while and he was a douche then and still seems to be one. Be the owner and hire a President that knows how to football while he be the owner and run the business. Happy to see that team struggle every year with him as the owner.

Lived in VA for a while and he was a douche then and still seems to be one. Be the owner and hire a President that knows how to football while he be the owner and run the business. Happy to see that team struggle every year with him as the owner.
I've lived in NoVa for over 30 years, and came here hating the Redskins having somehow grown up a cowboys fan in central pennsylvania. But even with that, I have to confess that the schadenfreude has simply become too much to enjoy any more. I actually have a lot of sympathy for some of the local african american fanbase who were truly passionate about their team at one point and have been shat upon. And i think Ron Rivera's a standup guy who deserves better than to have to deal with the shit he does.

Snyder is like Trump. It could be 31-1 but he will spend every dime fighting it and bogging it down in the courts. He's willing to burn the whole thing down and take everyone down with him. That's much more desirable to him than just taking the money and going away quietly.

Snyder was fined $60 million for all the sexual harassment and stuff. He sold the team for $6.05 billion this week. He bought the team for $800 million in 1999. Guess it worked out for him.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT