ADVERTISEMENT

NFL Tradeline Moves

IowaPackFan

HR Heisman
Dec 30, 2006
Any moves you anticipate for your team of choice?

I fully expect the Packers to make a move… for a scrub WR for a 7th or a street FA (not named OBJ).
I also expect the GM to come out and state they inquired on a number of WR’s, they were in on a number, but the asking price was something they weren’t comfortable with. Then he’ll say they like the receivers they have and the scrub they added will help bolster the depth.

In a shocking move, the Bears are trading linebacker Roquan Smith to the Ravens.

The Bears are getting a second-round pick and a fifth-rounder in return, per a source.

The Bears are also getting linebacker A.J. Klein as a depth piece. The 31-year-old has started 81 games at inside linebacker since 2013 and was signed by the Ravens off the Bills practice squad four weeks ago.

Smith, the team’s best player, is in the final year of his contract. The Bears, though, could have controlled him through the 2024 season by giving him the franchise tag next year and then doing so again.

The linebacker conducted a “hold-in” at the start of the season after he and new general manager Ryan Poles couldn’t hammer out a contract extension. He then demanded a trade, issuing a public statement that said the first-year GM was not negotiating in good faith.

Smith backed off his demand, eventually returning to preseason practices. He said he would focus on the season instead of a new deal. Smith leads the NFL with 83 tackles and was one of the team’s four captains.

Any moves you anticipate for your team of choice?

I fully expect the Packers to make a move… for a scrub WR for a 7th or a street FA (not named OBJ).
I also expect the GM to come out and state they inquired on a number of WR’s, they were in on a number, but the asking price was something they weren’t comfortable with. Then he’ll say they like the receivers they have and the scrub they added will help bolster the depth.
Rumor here is Brandin Cooks for draft picks

Falcant's management will decide that since they're in 1st place, with a .500 record, in the worst division in the NFL, things must be ducky and there's no need to muck it up.

Where, though? There are three or four very good three down backs on the market and zero interest.
I thought the Rams or Chiefs would be a good spot.. Wouldn't expect anything better than a 6th though. Agree with you.. could see them not moving him just because who gives away assets for a RB these days

In a shocking move, the Bears are trading linebacker Roquan Smith to the Ravens.

The Bears are getting a second-round pick and a fifth-rounder in return, per a source.

The Bears are also getting linebacker A.J. Klein as a depth piece. The 31-year-old has started 81 games at inside linebacker since 2013 and was signed by the Ravens off the Bills practice squad four weeks ago.

Smith, the team’s best player, is in the final year of his contract. The Bears, though, could have controlled him through the 2024 season by giving him the franchise tag next year and then doing so again.

The linebacker conducted a “hold-in” at the start of the season after he and new general manager Ryan Poles couldn’t hammer out a contract extension. He then demanded a trade, issuing a public statement that said the first-year GM was not negotiating in good faith.

Smith backed off his demand, eventually returning to preseason practices. He said he would focus on the season instead of a new deal. Smith leads the NFL with 83 tackles and was one of the team’s four captains.

This baffles me. Dude is leading the NFL in tackles and is at a linchpin position.

This to me seems more about the bears and roquan being very far apart on a new contract, and they didn’t want to pay the franchise tag - no idea what that would be for MLBs.

I saw the Colts fired their OC today, I think they will be dumping some players before the deadline

Nyheim Hines would be a good receiving back for a playoff team

I’m hearing Clelin Ferrell and Jonathan Abram are leaving Las Vegas. I don’t have an official source on this I just keep hearing it.

Any realtors here know if you have to disclose that when you put a house up for sale?

Just traded to Vikings.

3rmC.gif

ADVERTISEMENT