ADVERTISEMENT

NHSCA National Duals

minnhawkeye

HR All-American
Oct 20, 2006
Flo is streaming this and nothing on Floarena how in heck can someone follow have about 40 mats what a darn mess..

YOUNG GUNS BLACK
YOUNG GUNS BLACK vs ()INDIANA FLASH Score=67- 0
YOUNG GUNS BLACK vs ()84 ATHLETES Score=83- 0
YOUNG GUNS BLACK vs ()BISON LEGEND BLUE Score=65-13

TEAM SHUTT
TEAM SHUTT vs ()MORRIS FITNESS HS Score=76- 0
TEAM SHUTT vs ()BERSERKER HS Score=62- 6
TEAM SHUTT vs ()MICHIGAN MOB Score=63- 3

Any more updates. That spread sheet so big and small writing. I'm getting old and can't read so well

Yes same here gave up why stream it if they can't show a way to follow matches coming up and on what mat . Just another rip off....

Tried looking around...would have liked to have seen Brands and Murin wrestle.

I've been down there many years and watched a few years via webcast. This event is not worth the effort to watch unless you are following a team that you know or are associated with for the first two days. Two many mats, elite teams are matched up with community teams, the first two days are just to get the community level mat time in and basically this is a fun event for the wrestlers so they have a bunch of time off.

Today it is worth watching. The final brackets are on NHSCA. It has started already but this first round is relatively week (R32) and the second round (R16) isn't great unless you know what matchups you are looking for.

From the quarters on there will be good matchups between really good kids on a bunch of mats and if Flo has a team down there I would imagine they will have an announcing team on one if not two mats.

Tried looking around...would have liked to have seen Brands and Murin wrestle.
Murin and Brands will be wrestling on Mat 11 today, probably for the first two matches at least. Are wrestling Triumph Elite now, a pretty decent team from NJ, will have Quest or Doughboy next - Quest is another club in Western PA, Doughboy is from NE.

Their first good match should be in the quarterfinals against Illinois Outsiders - this should be around 11am CT - although I don't see any good potential matchups for Murin and Brands against them. Really not against the potential #2 seed either (Team Shutt). The teams with elite 138s and 152s seem to be on the other side of the bracket (Dark Knights, Florida Lightning, etc). Of course they may run into a good 138 or 152 in one of these first matches.

EDIT - Just looked at the brackets again and Dark Knights are on their side, but in the 7 position. They would have to get by Team Shutt and then you could potentially see Sasso-Brands.

Last edited:
Young Guns Black on Mat 5 vs. Quest next. If rosters hold up, Murin will wrestle freshman Thayne Lawrence of Frazier, PA - they met in the regional finals with Murin winning 5-0. Brands will wrestle Gerrit Nijenhuis, a freshman from Canon Mac who took 3rd in PA's large school division. Interesting match.

Last edited:
Murin won either 15-8 or 13-7, something like that. Looked a bit gassed in the 3rd. Chippy match between the two as the freshman was not shy about heavy hands.

Nijenhuis - Brands up next.

Brands wins 3-1. Late escape in the 2nd and then hit a quick go behind. Did not attempt to ride in the 3rd.

Other wrestler had some good counters. 6 finishes Nelson missed out on.
This is what happens when you try the same TD attempt about 40 times in a row. That's obviously hyperbole, but it is obvious that his go-to against quality opponents is the left handed sweep off of right handed elbow control. IIRC Even his one TD against Nijenhuis started with that but he varied his finish and scored nicely. Good kids adjust and it makes for difficult finishes.

Of course I will get blasted for the above, but it really stood out when watching. And it's not really a surprise if you think about it. Late start wrestling, probably needs to develop more varied attacks to compete at an elite level. Mat wrestling probably takes a back seat to developing this as there are more aspirations than just folkstyle in that family.

Kid has got good genes, is much bigger than I thought he would be (first time I was able to see him against kids that I was familiar with their size) with a good frame, looks to have a motor and is a grinder always moving forward. He's only a JR so a lot of time for development. Again, his frame is surprising he looks as if he can add some serious good weight, I would not be surprised if he continues to improve as he moves up the weight ladder. His mom must not be a short lady.

Last edited:
Quarters are set and I heard some table workers chattering in the background about Flo guys coming to the table, so possible for the next round you may see some graphics/announcing going on.

Quarterfinals:

Team Kong (All over US) vs Bad Boys (MI) - Mat 1
S. Florida Lightning (FL) vs Bison Legend (PA) - Mat 2
Young Guns (PA) vs. Illinois Outsiders - Mat 11
Team Shutt (OH) vs. Indiana Rollers - Mat 8

Just tuned back in to Young Guns mat (which ended up being on 10, it was on 12 at one time) because I was watching SF Lightning vs. Bison Legend and missed the two matches Iowa fans would be interested in as they were already on 160.

Assuming YGB moves on here they are going to get Team Shutt (ahead by a ton right now). Murin's potential matchups are Drew Fairbanks or Alex Rhine. Murin has already trounced Rhine before at Disney.

Brands potential opponents are Kevon Freeman or Jake Marsh. Freeman is listed as a 2x OH state champ but it must be lower division. I've heard of Marsh he's decent and probably would be a good match.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT