ADVERTISEMENT

Nic Bouzakis to Ohio State

You’ll keep laughing because you’re missing the point. (still)

Again, you can’t dispute that PSU and tOSU get more P4P wrestlers than Iowa. I don’t care where tOSU has placed the last two years. That doesn’t negate that their recruiting has been good. To me that’s development. Iowa develops wrestlers much better in my opinion.

By your logic of copying and pasting scores, Michigan State and Northwestern recruit better than tOSU. Now that will make a guy laugh.
Wow, missing the point is the pot calling the kettle black. sllllllloooooowwwwww on the uptake. Hang in there. It will click at some point. Part of recruiting is talent evaluation. I guess they hit a home run with Jordan Decator and he was a highly decorated recruit. Didn't we all love when Decator wrestled DeSanto in Carver.... And Greg Kerkvliet really helped them to sign a highly ranked class--oh no, he's at PSU now but he still helped their rankings. Gavin Hoffman was another top 10 recruit and he's 33-17--good record but not one that was expected for a top 10 ranking. Chase Singletary from mighty Blair Academy.... The point is that I don't believe TOSU has out recruited Iowa in real talent versus rankings talent and that is what counts,. That's my point. Recruiting also includes transfers and Iowa recently had a top recruiting class without counting the transfers to come.

Back to the earlier part of this thread: Every top program already has guys in the room that are freshmen, or have recently committed... This plays into where kids choose to go as well, and it works both ways. Teams and recruits assess a program's need, whether it be immediate or future openings in the line up etc... Look at the mass exodus out of Iowa and the decommits after Spencer Lee announced where he was going to school. IowaChief32 mentioned the current logjam between 125-141. No program can land every top tier kid. There just isn't enough space/scholarships etc. and the one thing totally out of the control of a coach/recruiter/college is what is going on in the recruits head, their life, their goals, and just flat out, where do they want to go? There are so many variables to sway them.

Since my post regarding why Bouzakis chose Ohio State, was scrutinized as having no basis to make those claims, yet, my post was also pointed out as being similar to what Willie had said (for the record, I was not aware of Willie's comments on the Bouzakis commit) perhaps, those reasons are valid and accurate?

lookleft goright also nailed a solid point. Guys go somewhere else because they think it is a better fit, but then some wise up, and realize Iowa is the place where they will develop and achieve more (DeSanto/Lugo Eierman). Mike Eierman even said, Jaydin wasn't prepared or ready to show up in Iowa City as a college freshmen.

HawkGold mentioned when it comes to developing talent, Iowa 10/0 over tOSU. He is correct, and some guys realize this and transfer, while others are taking notice of it now, it may sway some recruits early, and they may choose Iowa the first go 'round.

Keep in mind Ohio State had 3 Greco finalists who are all still in college at the latest USA World team trials. I'm sure that didn't hurt their chances with Bouzakis as bman546 said.
Lastly, keep in mind the quote from fronk71, so when this is your instagram page;

Nic Bouzakis​

Sem wrestler 🤼‍♂️ 4x state champ #goforgreco 🐞🤼‍♂️www.livegreco.com

and you wear t-shirts like this:
FATSat7VcAQZOcY

And Ohio State has 3 current athletes in the Greco finals at the World Team Trials (and a 4th place for Ohio State as well), it may be a much easier sell. Whatever the Ohio RTC is doing with their Greco guys, they're doing it well..... 3 in the finals at WTT, and with wrestlers that only wrestle Greco April through September. But, it is what can you do for freestyle athletes wrestling in college that wins NCAA Titles... Welcome Terry Brands....

Last edited:
Wow, missing the point is the pot calling the kettle black. sllllllloooooowwwwww on the uptake. Hang in there. It will click at some point. Part of recruiting is talent evaluation. I guess they hit a home run with Jordan Decator and he was a highly decorated recruit. Didn't we all love when Decator wrestled DeSanto in Carver.... And Greg Kerkvliet really helped them to sign a highly ranked class--oh no, he's at PSU now but he still helped their rankings. Gavin Hoffman was another top 10 recruit and he's 33-17--good record but not one that was expected for a top 10 ranking. Chase Singletary from mighty Blair Academy.... The point is that I don't believe TOSU has out recruited Iowa in real talent versus rankings talent and that is what counts,. That's my point. Recruiting also includes transfers and Iowa recently had a top recruiting class without counting the transfers to come.
Make no mistake, tOSU has CONSISTENTLY outrecruited Iowa in BOTH talent and rankings. Iowa, just simply had their best run in recruiting come together with their best transfers to make for the perfect storm. THAT is why Iowa finally got back to the top the past 2 years. Yes, Iowa does a great job developing but RECRUITING/TRANSFERS are why they are currently at the top. It is also why recruiting is CRITICAL the next 2 years to stay close with PSU, let alone whether tOSU bounces back quickly from an inevitable rebuild. Plus, lets not forget that tOSU lost Rosselli, then Snyder and now Dlagnev. That would be VERY hard for ANYONE to overcome.

Simply put, here is Iowa's best recruiting/transfer combination(over the past 2 years), BY A MILE, since Brands took over as HC.

125: Lee #2 overall recruit of his class.
133: DeSanto-#17 recruit of his class and a very established wrestler before TRANSFERRING.
141: Eierman- A 3X top 5 AA transfer Murin-#44 overall recruit
149: Lugo-High end transfer Murin-see above
157: Young-#21 overall recruit of his class
165: Marinelli-#3 overall recruit of his class
174: Kemerer-#9 overall recruit of his class
184: Assad- #13 overalll recruit of his class Brands-#93 overall recruit of his class
197: Warner-#7 overall recruit of his class
285: Cass-#14 overall recruit of his class 6 of the 13 above him have already made the Finals with 4 having won it all.

There is also a large human element to this..Bouzakis sadly lost his younger brother at a the age of 6 to a rare disease. His name was Greco Roman Bouzakis believe it or not. Tom Ryan also lost a son at the age of 5 to a a rare heart condition. Bouzakis mentions this in his instagram post.

"We both share commonalities that strengthen our commitment to overcome challenges and persevere in the face of tragedy"

Reactions: butchinmi
8th, no matter there is a renewed effort in Columbus and I think that contributed to the coaching changes that some are using for an excuse for non-performance. Those coaches were there for the past few years... 8th place at the Big 10's and .... 9th at the NCAA Tournament. At least they finished ahead of Northwestern and Pitt. Yes, recruiting does matter:).

Team​
Season Team
Abbr​
Count
Points​
1​
Iowa, IA Iowa, IA (GET)
IOWA​
129.0​
2​
Penn State, PA Penn State, PA (GET)
PSU​
113.5​
3​
Oklahoma State, OK Oklahoma State, OK (GET)
OKST​
99.5​
4​
Arizona State, AZ Arizona State, AZ (GET)
ASU​
74.0​
5​
Michigan, MI Michigan, MI (GET)
MICH​
69.0​
6​
NC State, NC NC State, NC (GET)
NCST​
68.0​
7​
Minnesota, MN Minnesota, MN (GET)
MINN​
64.0​
7​
Missouri, MO Missouri, MO (GET)
MIZZ​
64.0​
9​
Ohio State, OH Ohio State, OH (GET)
OHST​
46.5​
10​
Northwestern, IL Northwestern, IL (GET)
NW​
45.0​
11​
Pittsburgh, PA Pittsburgh, PA (GET)
PITT​
40.5​
12​
Nebraska, NE Nebraska, NE (GET)
NEB​
38.0​
13​
Iowa State, IA Iowa State, IA (GET)
ISU​
37.5​
13​
Rutgers, NJ Rutgers, NJ (GET)
RUT​
37.5​
15​
Virginia Tech, VA Virginia Tech, VA (GET)
VT​
36.5​
16​
North Carolina, NC North Carolina, NC (GET)
UNC​
36.0​
17​
Stanford, CA Stanford, CA (GET)
STAN​
35.5​
18​
Illinois, IL Illinois, IL (GET)
ILL​
25.0​
19​
Northern Iowa, IA Northern Iowa, IA (GET)
UNI​
24.5​
20​
Rider, NJ Rider, NJ (GET)
RID​
22.0​

Reactions: WWDMHawkeye
8th, no matter there is a renewed effort in Columbus and I think that contributed to the coaching changes that some are using for an excuse for non-performance. Those coaches were there for the past few years... 8th place at the Big 10's and .... 9th at the NCAA Tournament. At least they finished ahead of Northwestern and Pitt. Yes, recruiting does matter:).

I don't think anyone of sane mind would disputes recruiting does matter. Even at tOSU, where they don't develop anywhere near an Iowa or PSU wrestler, they do farely well (with the exception of 9th at NCAAs in 2021), based on the recruits they can get in. As with any school, some are busts, some thrive, some don't develop... It is a combination of getting the best recruits you can, and then those recruits developing.
But, what coaching changes are you referring to that were used as an excuse for non-performance? The only change tOSU had was Tervel Dlagnev going to Lincoln, Nebraska where his wife's family is. And, nobody initiated a coaching change, or used a coaching change as a scapegoat for a 9th place finish.
Do you really think anyone buys, "let's let Tervel go, and bump Bo Jordan up from volunteer assistant to a paid assistant" as an upgrade? Besides, you can't cite one new coach that came into the room. Don't feel bad, nobody else can either. They did not bring in any new coach to replace Tervel. Bo Jordan went from volunteer to paid. Stieber went from an RTC coach to volunteer assistant and RTC Head Coach. No new coach came in. Keep in mind Ohio State is not Iowa. They certainly invest a lot of money and resources into all of their athletic programs, but they aren't going to freak out if they finish 9th at the NCAAs after a 5 year run of top 3 finishes. In fact from 2015 to the present Ohio state has out performed Iowa at the NCAAs (but Iowa will win NCAAs again in 2022 and Ohio state will not be in the hunt). Nobody freaked out in Columbus and made coaching changes because of a 9th at NCAAs. Was there some soul searching as to why and how? I'm sure there was, but if Ryan has his team in the top 10 every year, with a few top 5, and maybe the rare championship, the AD and others aren't unhappy. The bar there is not set nearly as high as at Iowa.

Reactions: fronk71 and vhsalum
I know Logan and his family very well and I also know his role has increased at TOSU. Great guy. I was simply stating that I wasn't surprised that after a down year that changes occurred--no matter how they are rationalized or shown publicly. 8th and 9th is not a good look for a program that recently opened a new facility. My point was that to say TOSU has consistently out recruited Iowa as a misstatement and that was my whole counterpoint and reason for my response. I didn't agree and thought it was a silly statement and still do.

I don't think anyone of sane mind would disputes recruiting does matter. Even at tOSU, where they don't develop anywhere near an Iowa or PSU wrestler, they do farely well (with the exception of 9th at NCAAs in 2021), based on the recruits they can get in. As with any school, some are busts, some thrive, some don't develop... It is a combination of getting the best recruits you can, and then those recruits developing.
But, what coaching changes are you referring to that were used as an excuse for non-performance? The only change tOSU had was Tervel Dlagnev going to Lincoln, Nebraska where his wife's family is. And, nobody initiated a coaching change, or used a coaching change as a scapegoat for a 9th place finish.
Do you really think anyone buys, "let's let Tervel go, and bump Bo Jordan up from volunteer assistant to a paid assistant" as an upgrade? Besides, you can't cite one new coach that came into the room. Don't feel bad, nobody else can either. They did not bring in any new coach to replace Tervel. Bo Jordan went from volunteer to paid. Stieber went from an RTC coach to volunteer assistant and RTC Head Coach. No new coach came in. Keep in mind Ohio State is not Iowa. They certainly invest a lot of money and resources into all of their athletic programs, but they aren't going to freak out if they finish 9th at the NCAAs after a 5 year run of top 3 finishes. In fact from 2015 to the present Ohio state has out performed Iowa at the NCAAs (but Iowa will win NCAAs again in 2022 and Ohio state will not be in the hunt). Nobody freaked out in Columbus and made coaching changes because of a 9th at NCAAs. Was there some soul searching as to why and how? I'm sure there was, but if Ryan has his team in the top 10 every year, with a few top 5, and maybe the rare championship, the AD and others aren't unhappy. The bar there is not set nearly as high as at Iowa.
Make NO MISTAKE, Rosselli leaving hurt them BIG TIME. It created a significant cascading effect that caused an exodus from the RTC and culminated with last year's finish.

Ryan is a STUD recruiter, using INARGUABLY the most powerful overall Athletic Department and school name(no SEC schools makes that clear and much easier) to trump many others. But, he has relied heavily on his staff to develop and train his wrestlers. Jaggers can't do it by himself and I have yet to hear that Stieber can even remotely fill Rosselli's shoes.

The next few years will be VERY TELLING. I think Kharchla will be a can't miss, if he bounces back from injury and can stay healthy. Bouzakis has that type of making as well. So, guys like Decatur, Echemendia, Gallagher, Feldman, Schumate and maybe Mendez will need to show that they can hit the ground running as AA potentials and progress to the Finals throughout their careers to show tOSU has the staying power to match their run from 2015-2019.

Reactions: fronk71
Guys. Willie said Echemendia is cutting to 133. Can we all say a prayer for him? This is going to be epically hilarious.

Reactions: Gobblin
I know Logan and his family very well and I also know his role has increased at TOSU. Great guy. I was simply stating that I wasn't surprised that after a down year that changes occurred--no matter how they are rationalized or shown publicly. 8th and 9th is not a good look for a program that recently opened a new facility. My point was that to say TOSU has consistently out recruited Iowa as a misstatement and that was my whole counterpoint and reason for my response. I didn't agree and thought it was a silly statement and still do.
Yet, you cherry picked 1 year to make your argument. From 2015-2019, tOSU scored 102(Champs outscoring Iowa by 18), 86(3rd outscoring Iowa by 5), 110(2nd outscoring Iowa by 13), 134.5(2nd outscoring Iowa by 37.5) and 96.5(2nd outscoring Iowa by 20.5).

So, they outscored Iowa by 94 in that 5 year span. Also, in 2020 they were in a great position to still finish top 3 with Pletcher and Moore favored to win their respective weights and Sasso was a very likely finalist.

Finally, make no mistake, 2021 was going to be a rebuilding year. In 2019, tOSU lost Martin, McKenna and Micah Jordan. In 2020, they lost Pletcher and Moore. On the flip side, Iowa will lose Lee, DeSanto, Eierman, Young, Marinelli and Kemerer. How well Iowa recruited(Ayala, Schriever, Ybarra, Henson, Rathjen, Reyna and Kennedy) will be the major decider on whether or not next year becomes a considerably down, rebuilding year or if they can stay competitive at the top.

If you don't think it is essential for Iowa to recruit top 10 guys to stay competitive with PSU and maybe even tOSU, you haven't really been paying attention to how Iowa got back to the top...

Reactions: el dub
If what you did yesterday is still your main point of success today then you haven't done much today, which is why you are pointing back to 17.18 and 19... whah, whah, whah, we are not very good now and we got crushed last year... What was the score of the dual where the out recruited Hawkeyes went head to head against the better recruited squad at TOSU? What was the score, 33-14--ouch, so you cherry pick back to their great run. You said out recruited. You don't win the National Team Title with one class; it tends to take a few years of good recruiting. If you can't buy into this concept you haven't been paying attention to real facts and how Iowa got back on top. Ohio State had a good team for a great three year run... 2017, 2018 and 19 and yes, TOSU beat Iowa in 2015. Iowa crushed them COVID year and again last year and will do so again this year. You can't say they have been consistently out recruited, well, yes you can, but you would be wrong. We can agree to disagree, because if you go past 2015 it doesn't get better for TOSU, so who's cherry picking. Recent success points to most recent recruiting and why you, sir are wrong. Again, we can agree to disagree. Let's see how the dual goes this year:). Will the almighty better recruiting prowess of TOSU deal the Hawkeyes a 33-14 loss? Ha, I don't think so. Recruiting, wins. Let's see who wins this year for the third year in a row.

Guys. Willie said Echemendia is cutting to 133. Can we all say a prayer for him? This is going to be epically hilarious.
All he has to do is cut down on the weight lifting. Dude looks as short as Spencer. He’s tiny at 141. Can’t be any worse than Decatur.

tOSU is loading up. Paddy at 157, Karchla 165, Bouzakis 133-141, Shumate 197, Feldman HW. They and the other osu look like the only team that has a chance during the next psu run.

So u guys are saying Garvin and Riggins who are in Iowa and are at need weights for the Hawks in 57 and 65 have zero chance at becoming Hawks before they have even done there official visit?
If so, why?

Asking for a friend….

Reactions: johnyt9
All he has to do is cut down on the weight lifting. Dude looks as short as Spencer. He’s tiny at 141. Can’t be any worse than Decatur.

tOSU is loading up. Paddy at 157, Karchla 165, Bouzakis 133-141, Shumate 197, Feldman HW. They and the other osu look like the only team that has a chance during the next psu run.
LOL!

Reactions: HIWILLE
Make NO MISTAKE, Rosselli leaving hurt them BIG TIME. It created a significant cascading effect that caused an exodus from the RTC and culminated with last year's finish.

Ryan is a STUD recruiter, using INARGUABLY the most powerful overall Athletic Department and school name(no SEC schools makes that clear and much easier) to trump many others. But, he has relied heavily on his staff to develop and train his wrestlers. Jaggers can't do it by himself and I have yet to hear that Stieber can even remotely fill Rosselli's shoes.

The next few years will be VERY TELLING. I think Kharchla will be a can't miss, if he bounces back from injury and can stay healthy. Bouzakis has that type of making as well. So, guys like Decatur, Echemendia, Gallagher, Feldman, Schumate and maybe Mendez will need to show that they can hit the ground running as AA potentials and progress to the Finals throughout their careers to show tOSU has the staying power to match their run from 2015-2019.
But, my post was in response to a veiled claim coaching changes occurred at tOSU, due to a 9th place finish at the NCAAs and that simply was not the case. Roselli leaving has been, and clearly is a huge loss. But, we all know this going back to the fall of 2016. The effect of it has been obvious (and more evident with each year he has been away). There is a reason Nato is now in Norman.
Tom Ryan also seems very slow or unwilling to learn/admit mistakes. Did he not learn two years ago when Kinner cut down to 133# and weighed 158lbs. after their short break at Thanksgiving? Decatur making weight was a constant struggle (poor discipline, no will, no heart, - prone to quitting in matches - see DeSanto match at Carver in 2020, and Decatur missed weight at 2021 Big Ten Tournament). So Ryan's plan is to take Ecehmendia and get him down to 133#? Good luck with that. I remember when Echemendia showed up there, they were shocked he said he could be at 141#. Now Ryan wants him to go to 133#? If Echemendia can't beat D'Emilio at 141, then maybe we'll see him try to get to 133#.... but if he can't beat D'Emilio, at 141# how effective will he really be if he makes 133#?

Reactions: WWDMHawkeye
So u guys are saying Garvin and Riggins who are in Iowa and are at need weights for the Hawks in 57 and 65 have zero chance at becoming Hawks before they have even done there official visit?

FWIW,

On Willie's show, him and Corby pretty much said the same thing about Riggins and Garvin. Said that the vibe they were getting was that they wouldn't end up at Iowa. They brought up Rathjen as possibly the same weight as Garvin and both believe Rathjen is going to be very good.

I also want to point out that Josh Barr has Iowa as a finalist(believe he will be on campus next weekend). Pretty much a push with Riggins IMO, both talent-wise and weight-wise. So possibly Iowa is putting more effort into landing him????

Reactions: Gobblin and el dub

I’m not messing with any money a kid is getting for a scholarship, but yes. Iowa isn’t the only wrestling school in this STATE.

FWIW,

On Willie's show, him and Corby pretty much said the same thing about Riggins and Garvin. Said that the vibe they were getting was that they wouldn't end up at Iowa. They brought up Rathjen as possibly the same weight as Garvin and both believe Rathjen is going to be very good.

I also want to point out that Josh Barr has Iowa as a finalist(believe he will be on campus next weekend). Pretty much a push with Riggins IMO, both talent-wise and weight-wise. So possibly Iowa is putting more effort into landing him????

Well Riggins is a stud at a needed wt. Garvin has the frame for 57 but would give me a heart attack with the way he wrestles haha.

So Ryan's plan is to take Ecehmendia and get him down to 133#? Good luck with that. I remember when Echemendia showed up there, they were shocked he said he could be at 141#. Now Ryan wants him to go to 133#? If Echemendia can't beat D'Emilio at 141, then maybe we'll see him try to get to 133#.... but if he can't beat D'Emilio, at 141# how effective will he really be if he makes 133#?
For what its worth- it was Anthony's idea and presented it to the coaches. Not the other way around.
My guess is that Anthony wants to see if he can go 61 kg internationally, when he is eligible. And this could be testing the waters to see if he can get his body size properly down. Again, that is just my guess.

Think Rathjen will be a monster. Next Brandon Sorensen?

Well, we did get my guy Rathhen . He’s been my favorite Iowa high school wrestler besides my kids. Animal, just needs strict direction. He does risky stuff, but he flat out wrestles. You can tell he loves this sport. Been a favorite for years now. Past posts would prove that, I even got shit when I called him a Hawk as a freshman or sophomore. He may end up being garbage, but he let’s it all out there and can get funky. Okay, I’m done. Dude is Hawkeye relentless.

Well, we did get my guy Rathhen . He’s been my favorite Iowa high school wrestler besides my kids. Animal, just needs strict direction. He does risky stuff, but he flat out wrestles. You can tell he loves this sport. Been a favorite for years now. Past posts would prove that, I even got shit when I called him a Hawk as a freshman or sophomore. He may end up being garbage, but he let’s it all out there and can get funky. Okay, I’m done. Dude is Hawkeye relentless.
Huh? I would have guessed that Max M was your favorite wrestler beside your kids…

Reactions: FanFan10
I’m not messing with any money a kid is getting for a scholarship, but yes. Iowa isn’t the only wrestling school in this STATE.
Well, if they don't end up in Iowa City, I sure as hell hope they go to Ames and fade into obscurity from no development.

If what you did yesterday is still your main point of success today then you haven't done much today, which is why you are pointing back to 17.18 and 19... whah, whah, whah, we are not very good now and we got crushed last year... What was the score of the dual where the out recruited Hawkeyes went head to head against the better recruited squad at TOSU? What was the score, 33-14--ouch, so you cherry pick back to their great run. You said out recruited. You don't win the National Team Title with one class; it tends to take a few years of good recruiting. If you can't buy into this concept you haven't been paying attention to real facts and how Iowa got back on top. Ohio State had a good team for a great three year run... 2017, 2018 and 19 and yes, TOSU beat Iowa in 2015. Iowa crushed them COVID year and again last year and will do so again this year. You can't say they have been consistently out recruited, well, yes you can, but you would be wrong. We can agree to disagree, because if you go past 2015 it doesn't get better for TOSU, so who's cherry picking. Recent success points to most recent recruiting and why you, sir are wrong. Again, we can agree to disagree. Let's see how the dual goes this year:). Will the almighty better recruiting prowess of TOSU deal the Hawkeyes a 33-14 loss? Ha, I don't think so. Recruiting, wins. Let's see who wins this year for the third year in a row.
The key thing you missed, in this rambling, 1 paragraph, nearly incoherent mess of a response is: I pointed out that Iowa was NOT actually outrecruited in comparison to tOSU last season. Between recruits and transfers, that was BY FAR the highest ranked recruiting squad Iowa has had under Brands. Meanwhile this was the LOWEST product tOSU had put out on the mat since prior to 2015, which is why that 5 year run is 100% relevant.

Point being, RECRUITING/Transfers corresponds DIRECTLY to Iowa's current success. Kemerer was the 1st top 10 in quite some time and it followed with Marinelli, Lee and Warner soon thereafter. Cass, Assad and DeSanto were just outside that as well, with a MONSTER transfer in Eierman to top that off.

Here is a side by side comparison of the two teams last season:

125-Lee #2 recruit of his class-------------------Heinselman #37 of his class and came in waaay undersized
133-DeSanto transfer but #17 of his class-- -Decatur #5 of his class, has been underwhelming
141-Eierman transfer 3x top 5 AA--------------D'Emilio #32 of his class
149-Murin #44 of his class-----------------------Sasso #4 legit stud likely top 3 in 2020 and finalist in 2021
157-Young #21 of his class------------------------Cleary #65 of his class
165-Marinelli-#3 of his class---------------------Smith #33 of his class
174-Kemerer-#9 of his class---------------------Romero #16 of his class
184-Brands-#93 of his class---------------------Jordan #35 of his class
197-Warner-#7 of his class----------------------Hoffman #10 of his class similar to Decatur in performance
285-Cass-#14 of his class------------------------Orndorff-Transfer class of 2015 Utah Valley

Last edited:
Reactions: Gusaford
The key thing you missed, in this rambling, 1 paragraph, nearly incoherent mess of a response is: I pointed out that Iowa was NOT actually outrecruited in comparison to tOSU last season. Between recruits and transfers, that was BY FAR the highest ranked recruiting squad Iowa has had under Brands. Meanwhile this was the LOWEST product tOSU had put out on the mat since prior to 2015, which is why that 5 year run is 100% relevant.

Point being, RECRUITING/Transfers corresponds DIRECTLY to Iowa's current success. Kemerer was the 1st top 10 in quite some time and it followed with Marinelli, Lee and Warner soon thereafter. Cass, Assad and DeSanto were just outside that as well, with a MONSTER transfer in Eierman to top that off.

125-Lee #2 recruit of his class-------------------Heinselman #37 of his class and came in waaay undersized
133-DeSanto transfer but #17 of his class-- -Decatur #5 of his class, has been underwhelming
149-Murin #44 of his class-----------------------Sasso #4 legit stud likely finalist in 2020 and finalist in 2021
197-Warner-#7 of his class----------------------Hoffman #10 of his class similar to Decatur in performance
285-Cass-#14 of his class------------------------Orndorff-Transfer class of 2015 Utah Valley
You can’t say likely finalist for Sasso in 2020. He was the 3 seed behind OConner who he just lost to.

Reactions: manilion

149-Murin #44 of his class-----------------------Sasso #4 legit stud likely finalist in 2020 and finalist in 2021
Let's hope THIS trend continues.

Reactions: MSU158 and el dub
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT