ADVERTISEMENT

Nice praise for 2021 football recruiting class

downtown hawk redux

HB Legend
Gold Member
Jul 6, 2006
Lewisville
Reading The Athletic today there was a football recruiting article with anonymous recruiting experts breaking down top classes (OSU is No. 1), but in this section they had five different analysts discussing good classes that are under the radar.

This is from Analyst No. 1 (whoever he is).

Analyst 1: I’d say Iowa for that one. I think we have several of their recruits ranked, rated as four stars that aren’t on the other services. And when you look at what those guys did, I think a good handful of them either played in state title games or won state titles this year. You have guys like four-star athlete Cooper DeJean, if you look up his stats in football and basketball, just an absurd guy who put up absurd numbers in both sports. He is throwing down thunderous dunks still at the moment right now, but from a small town, rural Iowa, and he has maybe three or four offers. I think that in the past, our recruiting sites have missed guys like that. I think we’ve done a better job of mining for those kids and evaluating those kinds of guys.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals.com to access this premium section.

• Member-Only Message Boards
  • Exclusive coverage of Rivals Series
  • Exclusive Recruiting Interviews
  • Breaking Recruiting News