ADVERTISEMENT

Nice Win OSU!

ChiHawk1985

HR All-State
Aug 23, 2010
Chicago
Man, that's some offensively talent you have there! Wish the Hawks played some better defense to shut down the answered baskets but credit to the Buckeyes for stepping on the throttle and not letting up after Iowa jumped ahead by nearly a dozen. Best of luck moving forward. You all are gonna make some noise in the tourney and hopefully so will Iowa. Now, on to Indiana for some much needed revenge 😈

Reactions: IlliniHoops91
Man, that's some offensively talent you have there! Wish the Hawks played some better defense to shut down the answered baskets but credit to the Buckeyes for stepping on the throttle and not letting up after Iowa jumped ahead by nearly a dozen. Best of luck moving forward. You all are gonna make some noise in the tourney and hopefully so will Iowa. Now, on to Indiana for some much needed revenge 😈

STFU

Get bent.

OSU banked in a three, hit several 3s from NBA range, got like 8 lucky boards off of badly missed threes, had a guy come off the bench cold and drain 3 straight threes. This game was fools gold for them.

I promise you all that the sun WILL rise in the morning and whether Iowa won (wins) the Big Ten Championship or the National Championship or none or both that your life will be impacted very little six months after the fact. You need to find perspective. It's a sport. It's fun to watch, disappointing when Iowa loses, but none of this will matter ten years from now. If your lives are continually ruined based on watching a sport then you need to evaluate your decisions to keep putting yourselves through this each week. It turns so many posters in to just AWFUL people when Iowa loses. Find the perspective

it was a game of pig. No defense. Buckeye players all over ( especially on the right corner) shooting without a hand in their face. JBO doesnt even bother to raise his arms half the time

it was a game of pig. No defense. Buckeye players all over ( especially on the right corner) shooting without a hand in their face. JBO doesnt even bother to raise his arms half the time

I'll admit, that was and is always incredibly frustrating to watch. It's worse when the opponent hits a three and we waste only about 4 seconds before chucking up a three of our own. When they don't fall (more often than not) it almost always leads to another score and momentum swing.

OSU banked in a three, hit several 3s from NBA range, got like 8 lucky boards off of badly missed threes, had a guy come off the bench cold and drain 3 straight threes. This game was fools gold for them.
Really ? Have you watched the run they're on in the last 11 or 12 games ?

Problem is they allow a lot of teams to do this exact same thing. Why? Cause they suck a$$ on D

I promise you all that the sun WILL rise in the morning and whether Iowa won (wins) the Big Ten Championship or the National Championship or none or both that your life will be impacted very little six months after the fact. You need to find perspective. It's a sport. It's fun to watch, disappointing when Iowa loses, but none of this will matter ten years from now. If your lives are continually ruined based on watching a sport then you need to evaluate your decisions to keep putting yourselves through this each week. It turns so many posters in to just AWFUL people when Iowa loses. Find the perspective
I agree on principle with what you’re driving at but I think it’s the WAY we lose that pisses everyone off. It’s watching the Same train wreck on D every single game , along with head scratching personnel moves by Fran . At least that’s it for me .

I'll admit, that was and is always incredibly frustrating to watch. It's worse when the opponent hits a three and we waste only about 4 seconds before chucking up a three of our own. When they don't fall (more often than not) it almost always leads to another score and momentum swing.
Face it: Iowa sucked tonight. Gave away an easy win to another inferior team because the other team played harder.

I agree on principle with what you’re driving at but I think it’s the WAY we lose that pisses everyone off. It’s watching the Same train wreck on D every single game , along with head scratching personnel moves by Fran . At least that’s it for me .

Oh, for sure. But the game threads are insufferable as well. I know everyone are fans but there are so many loose cannons with every minor swing of the game. I wish as much as the next fan that Iowa would put their hands up and play some D or challenge some three pointers but that's not how the team plays, and it's never really how they've played. Making character attacks and destroying players (even if they don't read the comments) isn't justified just because they didn't win. It doesn't make it OK just because someone is upset their team lost

Mark my words, Michigan will beat this team by 15-20. Way more athletic, they play defense and are harder to game plan for. BIG has figured us out. Make Garza work for points and dare Iowa to continue tp make shots from outside.

Reactions: Ihawkhoops
OSU wants to get in a rec league game. They take some wild shots but hit the boards hard and don't appear to run much of a set offense. Notice they played a 17 year old freshman who hit three 3's. Meanwhile Fran sits Joe T. Ulis and Perkins to protect his starting 5. Can't expect Garza to do it himself and tonight Iowa shot the ball about as good as they probably ever will but they have nobody capable of making plays 1:1 which is what wins close games.

Reactions: kwik44
They are inferior. Iowa gave away the game.

Should’ve been a win for the Hawks, but the Iowa players didn’t play as hard as osu.

Embarrassing loss for Iowa.

Well... let’s see ... Ohio State has beaten top 10 Illinois at Illinois; top 15 Wisconsin at Wisconsin; and .... oh yeah... top 10 Iowa at Iowa.

What is Iowa’s marquee win to date? Unranked Rutgers? 24th ranked Purdue? What is it? Please name the win that makes us superior to OSU.

OSU is ahead of us in the league standings so it can’t be that which makes them “inferior” to Iowa.

I guess it’s our offensive efficiency rating that makes us so superior to Ohio State — 1st vs their very “inferior” 4th.

Couldn’t be our D efficiency rating because “inferior” Ohio State’s is 70 while ours is 151 — that’s right, 151.

So again... I ask you. In what way is Ohio State “inferior” to Iowa? Because you say so?

lol

Some of our fans are cringe AF.

Last edited:
Reactions: the24fan
Well... let’s see ... Ohio State has beaten Illinois at Illinois; Wisconsin at Wisconsin; and .... oh yeah... Iowa at Iowa.

What is Iowa’s marquee win to date? Rutgers? Purdue? What is it? Please name the win that makes us superior to OSU.

I guess it’s our offensive efficiency rating that makes us so superior to Ohio State — 1st vs their very “inferior” 4th.

Couldn’t be our D efficiency rating because “inferior” Ohio State’s is 70 while ours is 151.

So again... I ask you. In what way is Ohio State “inferior” to Iowa? Because you say so?

lol

our fans are cringe.
You don’t see this as an embarrassing loss?

Iowa gave away the game. Iowa has more talent. They just lack fortitude.

Iowa has more talent.

Do you really believe that? Did you watch the same game I did? Outside of Garza (who OSU held to 10 points below his season average) and (maybe) JW, what talent advantage do we have?

as far as “giving the game away”. How? Why? Because we led by 11 pts? Lol. This ain’t 1979. Leads like that are ROUTINELY wiped away in 2 minutes or less. Just like last night. Iowa didn’t “give the game away” so much as the better team TOOK IT.

What the hell are you guys watching?

If you are Iowa fans and truly “embarrassed” to lose to a top ten team, you must have missed at least the last 40 years of Iowa basketball.

What a joke.

Last edited:
Reactions: the24fan
Doesn't change the fact that Iowa gave away the game. It was theirs for the taking, but lacked the mental and physical toughness. Embarrassing to lose at home like this.
My point is that OSU is not "inferior" They could very well end up in the national top 5 next week and might be the fastest rising team in the country. I just saw a new projection the has Michigan as a #1 seed and OSU as a #2 seed. But according to you Iowa got beat - in a close game - by an inferior team, OK, whatever

Reactions: Raptorpeeps
We've had two bad losses so far this season and this wasn't one of them,.. not by a long shot.

Reactions: Raptorpeeps
inferior team ? take off you beer goggles . stupid post.
Agree ! Totally ridiculous statement. That OSU team doesn't have any real superstar but have 10 or 11 players that are very good and solid. Probably as deep as any team in the country. Take a look at their last dozen games and look how they've controlled the 2nd halves (depth)

Reactions: papabeef
If you're embarrassed by the loss of a collegiate basketball game you might be overly invested...
Not overly invested, but it was embarrassing to lose like that at home. No reason for it.

If this game played out the same way in Columbus, I would have been more willing to accept the loss.

What bothers me the most about these types of losses is the complete lack of focus and urgency after going up by double digits. The same thing happened against Indiana, at home. Almost happened against Michigan State, at home. Happened against Ohio State last night, at home.

The players seem to get complacent when they build a lead early-midway through the second half. It's obvious that Iowa has the talent to beat these teams, but lack the tenacity (save for Garza) to maintain that effort for 40 minutes.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT