ADVERTISEMENT

Nicest hotel you've ever stayed at?

This is a tough one.

Probably the Roosevelt Waldorf Astoria in New Orleans

Others are the Ritz Carlton Buckhead (Atlanta), Ritz Carlton (Downtown Atlanta), the W Hotel (Buckhead), and the Intercontinental (Maui) (now a Marriott).

This has made me realize I’ve stayed at a lot of nice hotels, but I’ve never stayed anywhere that was really fancy.

My favorite I’ve stayed at would be The Narutis in Vilnius.

Stayed right next door at the Artagonist. Vilnius is very cool.

110326688.jpg

Hotel del Coronado, Coronado Island CA

Stayed right next door at the Artagonist. Vilnius is very cool.

We loved Vilnius. My wife's family is from Lithuania, and she always wanted to go there and meet the old family that is still there. We finally had an excuse when my son was stationed in Poland. My wife and daughter, and three of my SILs spent three days in Poland then four days in Vilnius, and it was my favorite trip ever. In Vilnius we parked the van then never saw it again until we left - everything you could want to do was within walking distance.

I don't think I have ever stayed in a Luxury hotel.

I stayed a couple nights in suite in Cinninatti that was nice because it was like a small 2 bedroom apartment which was made everything much easier with 3 kids. I can't even remember the name of the place now. It was no luxury hotel, didn't even cost $100 night, but it was a big step up from a regular hotel room which can get difficult with 3 kids.

The Islander Resort in the Florida Keys was the most beautiful I can remember. I've stayed in hotels in Hawaii, the Alps, Paris, Rome, Stockholm, London, Dublin, Belgium, and most major U.S. and Canadian cities, and the Islander is the most memorable. Recovered ships canons decorate the beach. Rooms are beautiful. Champaign served upon check in. Priced accordingly, but you expect to pay for something like this.

Four Seasons Lanai, both the Lodge and the Ocean properties. Even before Ellison bought the island and renovated, they were world class hotels. The entire island only has a few thousand residents, so it feels like you have the place to yourself. Added bonuses were the golf courses associated with the properties, to which you could spend an entire day never seeing another 4 some.

Maybe best known would be Palmer House dt Chicago.

Nicest was Waldorf Astoria Boca beach club, super awesome.

Coolest was the Renaissance downtown dc just with how close it was to everything/national Mall.

The Fountainbleu was pretty nice nice and likely the nicest place I’ve stayed in the past 10 years in the US. However, the Beverly Hills Four Seasons tops my list. Spent 5 nights there about 15 years ago on a trip I won at the company I was working for at the time. Crossed paths with several celebrities while there including Wesley Snipes, Jodi Foster and Benicio del Toro. Add Larry Flint and Howie Mandel to that list if you want to call them celebrities.

Did you run into this guy?

hqdefault.jpg

Room E-50. Top Floor penthouse suite at The Mirage in Las Vegas...back in the 1990s. Dolly Parton was next door. I missed the opportunity, boys.

Ritz Carlton--Maui

Days Inn--Golden, Colorado (5 minutes from Red Rocks. Location is everything)

I am not even sure I can remember my favorites.

For the room itself, I’d have to say the Four Seasons Beijing or maybe the Ritz Carlton in Jakarta. Huge rooms, walk in closets, and even a separate powder bath in the Four Seasons.

If a resort or family place, the Fairmont on the Big Island of Hawaii or the Ritz Carlton that I think was destroyed in Key Biscayne.... The Ritz at Dana Point in Laguna Nigel was great too.

For service that stands out, I’d say the Asian hotels are the best in the world. The Oberoi or Trident in Gurgaon (Delhi) are excellent. I love the breakfast buffet at the Grand Hyatt in Seoul.

For cool locations, there’s a Radison Blu right on the harbor in Cape Town that I loved. The Copacabana Beach Hotel in Rio was also cool and clearly historied. Hell, I stayed at a place in Vienna called the Pension Nossek that had a balcony room overlooking the open street area that wasn’t even very expensive but was just great for views and watching people go by down below.

I’m sure there are more but I’ll have to think about this a bit.

Maldives water villa wins but that's an easy one. Number 2 was this:

burj-al-arab-profile-exterior_6-4_landscape.jpg
I'm going to Maldives at the end of January (fingers crossed) Staying at Reethi Faru resort in OTW Bungalow. When we were in Bora Bora we asked the locals that since they live in paradise where do they vacation. Maldives came up twice. Covid gave us the opportunity to be able to afford it finally.

I'm going to Maldives at the end of January (fingers crossed) Staying at Reethi Faru resort in OTW Bungalow. When we were in Bora Bora we asked the locals that since they live in paradise where do they vacation. Maldives came up twice. Covid gave us the opportunity to be able to afford it finally.
You'll love it. Place is gorgeous and people are nice, water is bath tub warm. Get a water villa. Make it worth it.

Reactions: SF HAWKEYE
Based on the usual factors. Cleanliness, amenities, service, quality. Go.

Based upon "the usual factors" I'd probably have to say either the Four Seasons Chicago or the Four Seasons Manhattan

But those were both business trips, so I wouldn't classify either as my favorite hotel I've ever stayed in.

I got a free night at the Ritx Carlton in Prague a couple years back when BA's computer system went down and my flight was delayed so that was better.

I got married at Dana Villas in Santorini, Greece, and that was pretty sweet.

The Bungalows at Calistoga in Napa Valley were also way above average (although maybe not right now)

I forgot about the Gaylord Palms in Orlando. It's like a hotel with a mini theme park all in one. You can definitely spend and entire day there instead of going to the real theme parks.

110326688.jpg

Hotel del Coronado, Coronado Island CA
Stayed there a few years ago with the littles, but wasn’t overly impressed. I liked the amenities and history, but it seemed a bit run down. I’d put it on par with the Don Cesar in St Pete Beach. I’d go back to both, but they could both use an overhaul.

Reactions: rivalhawks
Carnal wise, best hotel was a high rise rental I had in surfers paradise Australia in my 20's. Australians, back then, loved anything from America. I used to have kids follow me for autographs. I was like wtf. Anyways getting back to business. The high rise was full of basically bikini clad tall girls. Imagine if 20 buses full of horny slutty tennis or volleyball players had crashed into the same location and the only thing that could save them was intercourse with some guy with an American accent. It was like killing Anzac troops at Gallipoli. Each evening they'd strut around in bikinis and leave their extra hotel room key near my front door. 10 to 15 on average. It was like a surreal parallel universe. Oh yeah, the place was nice too and had a washer dryer. If any of you are single, your genitals work and you're in your 20's, get on the next flight to surfers paradise. You'll thank me.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT