ADVERTISEMENT

Nick Bosa Leaving OSU

Pretty sure money is not a problem for his family, also don’t have to worry about doing classes.
I believe the term is "playing school" at Ohio State.

imrs.php

Classes do effect him with the NFL rules of you can’t participate in camp till your classes or done though

"To be eligible for the draft, players must have been out of high school for at least three years and must have used up their college eligibility before the start of the next college football season. Underclassmen and players who have graduated before using all their college eligibility may request the league’s approval to enter the draft early."

IF he were to be physically ready, then returning to your teammates and playing for your school (for possibly a national championship) is the honorable thing to do. Yeah, that sounds cheesy these days, but guys in every sport have, for decades, fought to return from injury and play with their team, for their team, and for the love of the game. Period. I still believe in that... not just setting yourself up to be a higher draft pick. He'll make his money either way. Think about the slippery slope, which in a sense has already started, if every key college player skips the rest of the season to prepare for the draft. Those same guys will quit on their teams in the NFL like Le'veon Bell.... just scheming for the next payday. No thanks. You either love your team, your school, and the game, or you say show me the money.

The disclaimer in this case, from what I know, is that Bosa possibly wouldn't be physically ready to play until late December anyway. I would not suggest he should come back early from injury.

I find it interesting that OSU has 2 linemen on the midseason all-american second team and neither one is Bosa. Yet, we are way ahead of them in rush defense (like 60 yds. a game! We're 3rd in the country, they're 54th) and we have 2 guys with more sacks per game than their mid-season all-americans. I'm guessing that our D-line is under respected nationally apparently. Our schedules seem pretty equal at this point (TCU=ISU, Wisc = PSU, etc.) except for the non-conference game against Oregon St. We must be playing great team defense since we apparently have no stars.

Reactions: td77
I find it interesting that OSU has 2 linemen on the midseason all-american second team and neither one is Bosa. Yet, we are way ahead of them in rush defense (like 60 yds. a game! We're 3rd in the country, they're 54th) and we have 2 guys with more sacks per game than their mid-season all-americans. I'm guessing that our D-line is under respected nationally apparently. Our schedules seem pretty equal at this point (TCU=ISU, Wisc = PSU, etc.) except for the non-conference game against Oregon St. We must be playing great team defense since we apparently have no stars.
Very average defense and overrated at #3. Oklahoma got exposed against Texas. Watch Purdue pile yards and points against OSU this week

Reactions: cheerscoach
did Drew Ott do the same?
Did Drew Ott have guaranteed multi millions at stake?

The guy is injured. He could come back early from being injured and try to play for a college team, or actually get healthy for the draft where he'll stand to get millions of dollars. God forbid Fant find himself in the same situation, if I was in the position to advise, I would tell him to do the same thing. I think KF probably would as well.

I don't think this is about integrity; it's about common freaking sense.

Reactions: Kinnick.At.Night
Did Drew Ott have guaranteed multi millions at stake?

The guy is injured. He could come back early from being injured and try to play for a college team, or actually get healthy for the draft where he'll stand to get millions of dollars. God forbid Fant find himself in the same situation, if I was in the position to advise, I would tell him to do the same thing. I think KF probably would as well.

I don't think this is about integrity; it's about common freaking sense.

Agreed 100%

did Drew Ott do the same?
Don't know who Ott is but I know who Bosa is. The kid has to leave and be an idiot not to. He's a top 3 pick with a projected contract around $35 million. He's looking at 10 to 12 weeks of rehab and the very earliest he could be back is December.

Many Michigan fans (myself being one) are worried that the same could happen to R. Gary who's also out. All I can say is go for it kid. Get the money while you can. The fans who are criticizing kids like Bosa are typically fans of teams that don't have the players in Bosa position to lose.. The majority of OSU fans are OK with his decision.

Last edited:
Drew Ott had to play his final year for even a chance to be drafted. The only way this kid isnt a top 5 pick is if he plays and gets hurt. Huge difference.

"To be eligible for the draft, players must have been out of high school for at least three years and must have used up their college eligibility before the start of the next college football season. Underclassmen and players who have graduated before using all their college eligibility may request the league’s approval to enter the draft early."
THE MAY 16 RULE
The following rule applies to rookie players who were eligible for the Principal Draft:

(i) Players who attend schools with final examinations that conclude prior to May 16* may fully participate in any activities (i.e., tryout, physical examination, three-day post-Draft rookie minicamp, or RFDP) at a club’s facility beginning May 15.

(ii)Players who attend schools with final examinations that conclude after May 16* may not participate in any activities other than the three-day post-Draft rookie minicamp until after the player’s final day of examinations.

(iii) Players who have withdrawn from school may not attend any club activity (other than the three-day post-Draft Rookie minicamp) or be visited at his campus or residence, or any other location, by any club personnel or club representative if final examinations have yet to conclude at the school. This includes drafted players, any undrafted players that have signed as free agents, and any undrafted players that have not signed.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT