ADVERTISEMENT

Nick Jackson Visit Update?

Surfed around, no news from Auburn or Oklahoma. Other schools he has visited.

Even more important knowing now nothing changes from the offensive side of the ball.

A question I'd have is the following ... if Nick Jackson is a Hawkeye ... he'll invariably be an ILB. So does he play MIKE or WILL? Given that he's previously a starter at MLB for Virginia ... I'd be inclined to think that he'd prefer to play at the MIKE spot.

Given that Higgins ended up mostly playing at WILL for us in '22 (and then Benson slid over the LEO spot) ... I suppose it's natural for Higgins to most likely remain at WILL?

So then what? Fisher probably remains as a back-up WILL ... unless he shows that he can be strong at the point of attack on the edge like Benson managed.

Who then at LEO? Likely a competition between Sharar and Harrell? (that's my first guess, at least)

Last edited:
A question I'd have is the following ... if Nick Jackson is a Hawkeye ... he'll invariably be an ILB. So does he play MIKE or WILL? Given that he's previously a starter at MLB for Virginia ... I'd be inclined to think that he'd prefer to play at the MIKE spot.

Given that Higgins ended up mostly playing at WILL for us in '22 (and then Benson slide over the LEO spot) ... I suppose it's natural for Higgins to most likely remain at WILL?

So then what? Fisher probably remains as a back-up WILL ... unless he shows that he can be strong at the point of attack on the edge like Benson managed.

Who then at LEO? Likely a competition between Sharar and Harrell? (that's my first guess, at least)

Mike, Will, Leo, Bob, Jeff, Pete, Harry or Jim. I don't care where he plays, I just trust Phil Parker will figure that out. Sorry Ghost, I couldn't help myself. No disrespect intended

Hopefully there are a ton of interchangeable parts, both at LB and at Cash (along with DB). I trust Parker will plug and play as needed. Plus getting Jackson will give the younger guys one more year to build depth and valuable experience this year and take over the reins next year with Jackson and Higgins both gone (likely gone anyway - not sure how covid year plays for either).

Hopefully there are a ton of interchangeable parts, both at LB and at Cash (along with DB). I trust Parker will plug and play as needed. Plus getting Jackson will give the younger guys one more year to build depth and valuable experience this year and take over the reins next year with Jackson and Higgins both gone (likely gone anyway - not sure how covid year plays for either).
This. Lots of moving parts. Hope Harris comes back strong at corner. Want to see Dejean, X and Castro on the field together as much as possible.

Benson is not returning.
Didn't say he was ... just was remarking that in '22, Benson slid over from the WILL spot to LEO in order to accommodate Higgins playing WILL.

It was a lead-in to speculate who would cover the LEO spot ... assuming that Higgins and Jackson win the ILB jobs (based on the hopeful assumption that Nick Jackson becomes a Hawk).

Is it crazy to think Castro could stay on the field except for short yardage situations?

4 DL
Higgins/Jackson/Castro
CDJ/Harris/X/Schulte

Castro doesn't hit like a dback (no disrepect intended to Bob Sanders)
The better Castro can fill against the run ... the more we're apt to use the CASH-based D over the 4-3.

Reactions: jerbob36
Is it crazy to think Castro could stay on the field except for short yardage situations?

4 DL
Higgins/Jackson/Castro
CDJ/Harris/X/Schulte

Castro doesn't hit like a dback (no disrepect intended to Bob Sanders)
No, and I've said for awhile that Castro will be the 3rd backer + nickel.

Quinn Schulte always seems to be the left over guy, but I predict (like many of his past walk-on brothers) will go on to run great speed and agility numbers at his pro day and likely make an NFL roster!

Last edited:
Awesome. Here we go with thus stupid shit again.

Bud people are pretty jaded by the hate this board has shown for a very good, tenured coach…

What do you think will happen in a scenario like that… ?

You remind me of the person who gets shocked that after yelling and screaming at someone, they yell and scream back..doh!!

Bud people are pretty jaded by the hate this board has shown for a very good, tenured coach…

What do you think will happen in a scenario like that… ?

You remind me of the person who gets shocked that after yelling and screaming at someone, they yell and scream back..doh!!

Fart noises.

You know, I have never used the ignore feature, but it could certainly be beneficial for a handful on this board.

You should know based on their posting history. I don’t think gunner has a problem with pistachio, he’s telling you if you’re gonna be offended and bitchy about it, just ignore him!

Reactions: Bishop1971
I’m more concerned with what kind of tool this and the peril it faces with respect to gravity…

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT