ADVERTISEMENT

Nick Jackson Visit Update?

Gonna be fun to watch the meltdown if he doesn't. Proctor thread 2.0 šŸ˜‚

Yep it would, but at least we donā€™t have the embarrassment of firing a 9-win per year Coach, and been nothing but crap since then!!

Even though year after year, every off-season you come over here and tell us how great youā€™re gonna beā€¦ Thatā€™s gotta be pretty embarrassing, right?

Reactions: Walt White
If thereā€™s one thing Iā€™ve noticed since Nebraska joined the B1G; itā€™s that they are a reasonable bunch who are immune the meltdowns other fan bases experience. Truly a stable lot, they are.
Nebraska should have stayed in the pussy Big XII. I canā€™t believe how much shit these inbred f&@ks talk after winning like one game in eight years against Iowa. I hope they enjoyed their annual bowl game.

Iowa Wesleyan? You talking about Anterio Thompson ... from Iowa Western Community College?

I'll be curious to see what he and Filer can bring to the table.

Filer is a little undersized ... however, we've seen the same deal with Meier and Evans. If there is enough fight in the dog ... as they say ...

Agreed that Filer could be interesting on pass-rushing situations. I wonder if we play him as an edge defender ... or if we see if he can get down the LEO spot. That would give him an opportunity to see more snaps (if he shows the aptitude).

I'm also curious about Graves. He's an explosive athlete with good size. I wonder if they tap the brakes as it relates to adding weight to him ... and continue to focus of functional strength. At his current weight ... they could have the option of deploying him on the inside or outside. However, the extra edge responsibility can be hard to get down ... making sure that you always maintain contain ... so I'll be curious if they initially keep him on the interior (so he can focus more on playing fast).
Yes Iowa western. I think he's got a big upside and expect graves to be amazing. NFL talent in my opinion. His limited snaps last year showed he could beat upper classman. I love our depth. And i expect to see our cash quite a bit also although Fickell sd he plans on continuing the run game wiscy is known for. I'm not sure that'll actually be the case.

Reactions: BustingNarratives
Nebraska should have stayed in the pussy Big XII. I canā€™t believe how much shit these inbred f&@ks talk after winning like one game in eight years against Iowa. I hope they enjoyed their annual bowl game.
I have every nebby troll on ignore. I actually tried to talk football with a few of them but they are here just to talk smack. Odd from a bunch thats only been rated in the top 20 three times in the last 21 years. Never in the top 10. Since this century they as a program have been irrelevant other than to annoy me.

So no Jackson update for today? I would expect him to come to Iowa but haven't checked to see who else is in on him. Would be nice to have another experienced lb but with the dline we should be fine with a couple younger guys. Its not like when we had to start a freshman for most of the season.

Reactions: cmhawks99
So no Jackson update for today? I would expect him to come to Iowa but haven't checked to see who else is in on him. Would be nice to have another experienced lb but with the dline we should be fine with a couple younger guys. Its not like when we had to start a freshman for most of the season.
I believe he supposed to announce today. I think Oklahoma and LSU were the other suitors? Not sure what time todayā€¦

Reactions: Bishop1971
It's called T J.'s pizza in Clermont. On hwy 18 and has been there for over 50 years. I worked there when i was 13 for 2 dollars an hour. Nothing with the pizza has changed in all that time. Also ne iowa is a really beautiful area of the state.
The Turkey River float above Skip-A-Way is fantastic, especially when you are trying to avoid your (now ex) in-laws.

The Turkey River float above Skip-A-Way is fantastic, especially when you are trying to avoid your (now ex) in-laws.
Caught my 9 lb walleye down the river a ways. Plenty of bass as well. When i was a little kid i caught a 65lb beaver on the river where skip Away is now. That used to be all woods when i was a kid. Grew up right there by the river.

Caught my 9 lb walleye down the river a ways. Plenty of bass as well. When i was a little kid i caught a 65lb beaver on the river where skip Away is now. That used to be all woods when i was a kid. Grew up right there by the river.
Interesting. Not sure how old you are but would imagine you and I know/knew some of the same folks.

Yes Iowa western. I think he's got a big upside and expect graves to be amazing. NFL talent in my opinion. His limited snaps last year showed he could beat upper classman. I love our depth. And i expect to see our cash quite a bit also although Fickell sd he plans on continuing the run game wiscy is known for. I'm not sure that'll actually be the case.
It's hard not to love undersized interior linemen like Logan Lee and Aaron Graves ... they bring to the table a lot of the attributes that we've seen from guys like Golston and Van Ness.

However, it's nice to know that our defensive interior has a little bit of "beef" too. Here are some sizes listed on the roster:

Noah Shannon - 6-0/289 (built for leverage)
Yahya Black - 6-5/306 (surprisingly long and lean for a big guy)
Anterio Thompson - 6-3/290 (productive JUCO transfer ... eastern Iowan too!)
Jeremiah Pittman - 6-3/297 (promising young DT ... got his feet wet in '22)

Iowa's DL doesn't always feature a lot of "size" ... however, against a lot of modern OLs ... having some size to you can potentially help you hold-up with all that pounding. It really looks like the DT group is set to be quite strong!

Reactions: cmhawks99

Interesting. Not sure how old you are but would imagine you and I know/knew some of the same folks.
I used to go trout fishing not far from Strawberry Point. Used to go all around the area looking for cold-water tributaries that were stocked with trout.

Reactions: jellyfish10
My bro is director of athletic training at uni. It's how I've met quite a few coaches and staff over the years. Plus knowing some of the training staff is nice to get a little info sometimes.
Probably more personal info then you want to be posting here for some of the crazy's. Good luck though....

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT